GDT: GM#10 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00 10/25/18

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Mike Futa was largely in charge of Drafting/Scouting and Development under Lombardi. Futa is still employed and deserves to be criticized just like Lombardi.

Futa didn't get a lot of 1st rounders towards the end, but he sure helped the Kings miss a lot of 2nd rounders he did have.

True, but Lombardi was the guy saying "player A can score, but not too sure about his character. Now player B and C are all character and perfect for our heavy style.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I'm still super wary of Finns. We've had absolute **** luck with them and Russians. Jokinen, Berg, Karalahti, Tukonen, etc etc.

But Timonen was pretty damn good...just gave up on him too early. Recent Finn draftees Laine and Rantanen are awesome...and we drafted Kupari. He looks pretty promising.

Reactions: The Pale King

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's fast and on the roster so people can't complain they aren't playing fast players and trying to play faster (even if they aren't).

Yeah, I'm convinced Stevens does these things just to say he did them. Like JAD. I gave him more responsibility, but he lost his check once. BENCHED. Sent to juniors. Thank god, now I can play Thompson who...makes the exact same play 3 times over the next two games.

Or tonight, playing LHD-RHD. We lost, so he can't go back to it. Proved us wrong. Time to put all the LHD back on their backhands.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
But Timonen was pretty damn good...just gave up on him too early. Recent Finn draftees Laine and Rantanen are awesome...and we drafted Kupari. He looks pretty promising.
If the Kings had kept Timonen he'd likely have never come over. Kings Finnish draftees outside of Kupari who's yet to be determined, suck. Same with almost all of the Kings Russian draft picks.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Kings can’t score 5-on-5 unless it’s a breakaway or a turnover. Nothing from sustained pressure. Makes sense since they can’t even set up a power play to save their lives. Clifford is the wilds shutout spoiler? Lol. Kovalchuk playing the point on a 6-on-5? Lol.

Well....at least an AHL game gets broadcasted on tv this season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
El Oh El.

Rosen: "
–With the loss, the Kings fell to 0-3-1 against the Western Conference, 0-3-0 against the Central Division, 1-5 in games decided by three or more goals, 0-6-1 in games in which their opponent scores first, 0-5-1 when trailing after the first period, 0-7-0 when trailing after the second period and 2-3-1 when outshot by their opponent.
–Los Angeles has not led at any point during their six-game losing streak. Their last lead was at the end of the 3-0 win at Montreal on October 11.
–The Kings do not have a power play goal in eight of 10 games this season."

2nd lowest GF/G by a significant amount. we're at 1.8. Vegas is 3rd lowest at 2.11. That's quite a leap. Arizona is at 1.75, but they're only giving up 2.25 a game; we're giving up 3.6 a game, 8th worst, but all those guys ahead (except Detroit) are scoring in the 3s and 4s per game.

Detroit is -19; if it weren't for them, our -18 would be the worst in the league, and twice as bad as 29th NYR/PHilly's -9.

Detroit's points percentage is .222, we're .250. It's a large jump to 29ths .350.

There's a theme here. It's not just a losing streak. It's stats consistent with intentionally tanking lottery teams.

There's zero identity. They're not scoring. They're not defending. They're not hitting--at least cleanly. They're not fighting. They're not rebuilding. We're just standing here shitting in one hand and wishing in another and seeing which one fills up first which I'm not sure is a great strategy but I guess I'm not Rob Blake or John Stevens.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yeah, I'm convinced Stevens does these things just to say he did them. Like JAD. I gave him more responsibility, but he lost his check once. BENCHED. Sent to juniors. Thank god, now I can play Thompson who...makes the exact same play 3 times over the next two games.

Or tonight, playing LHD-RHD. We lost, so he can't go back to it. Proved us wrong. Time to put all the LHD back on their backhands.

Sort of like how for most of the season he's had Kovy on opposite side of his scoring area on the pp, hoping for an epic backhand one-timer!

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Since beating Montreal, Kings are 0-6 and have been outscored 29-8. And not have had a lead once.

Carter 6 of 19 on faceoffs tonight.

I would visit deals for Carter and Pearson right now, more than any others. Pearson would not get any return though. His 3.750 cap hit not good and through 20-21 (it's good if he could score 20 goals and 40 pts, but he'll be lucky to have 12 goals and 25 pts)...would trade him for a 3rd rounder right now. He's invisible.

Last edited:

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
since I said 6-1 Sabres and it was 5-1 Sabres and then said 4-2 Dallas and was 4-2 Dallas...I am feeling the Kings play a good game and regulation tie, 3-3. They win, 4-3 in shootout.
Kovalchuk scores one of them. - NostraBond Now, I will probably be way off.
Thank you, you can now refrain for the rest of the year.

Cochese

Mar 14, 2008
Stevens, on what he saw from the late power plays, part of a “critical” time of the game:
Yeah, the special teams battle, I think that was the key, critical time for us there. We had several opportunities there that we didn’t cash in on. At the end of the day, we’re struggling to score goals. We need to get some offense from there, as well. But again, I thought we did some good things. We carried that Dallas game into tonight. I thought we got off to a really good start, but again, we’ve just got to bear down offensively, especially in the blue paint, inside the dots. Those are the areas I think we can come up with some more pucks if we get a few more pucks to the net. You can’t play perfect you can’t win 1-0 every night. It’s tough to win that way.

You sure did bud, to another loss...

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The arrogance of this team to play so poorly and then try peddle their social media Snapfacetwitinsta BS and dog calendars to us! We don’t want it, we want wins! No more dog calendars or memes!

It makes me want to puke seeing the social media crap. I actually unfollowed the Kings on Facebook earlier this week. I realize the social media team still has to do their job, but I don't want to see it anymore. I don't give a crap about Pearson's dog or Thompson converting to Judaism, not when the team is 2-7-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad