GDT: GM#10 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00 10/25/18

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I remember in 2012 the Kings stunk on the road and brought the stink home. Sutter got mad that the fans booed the lack of effort. Maybe a booing is needed

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
We’re 10 games in and Kopitar doesn’t have a single assist. Crazy.
Kovalchuk isn't going to the right spots yet. Three goals in 9 games though, I guess that's not too shabby.

I think I came close to getting those quotes correct.

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
The problem is there's no tanking to do this early in the season in terms of trades. They are more than likely stuck with what they have until the deadline, and even then, there aren't any expiring contracts.
Who says we're not terrible enough to tank with this roster

Reactions: KINGS17

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
At least Ladue had a decent game and should stay in. the only plus defenseman tonight and 2 shots. too bad the rebound bounced over forwards stick. He was more assertive and good positioning, no coughups.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This is the thick sliced baloney being served up by Luc.

Part of, if not most still falls on lack of players coming through the draft under Lombardi. Kempe has been a huge disappointment so far. Aside from that, no one drafted has made any kind of impact since Pearson.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I hope Blake's "he's a really good coach" vote of confidence was actually a kiss of death otherwise I hope he wears the cement shoes as well.

Everyone sucks right now anyway but Pearson and Toffoli in particular are starting to give me the vibe of those journeyman guys who play for a few teams trying to rediscover their magic but end up really only having 2-3 50-60 point years. You always think they have more but not so much, and they eventually just flame out as they aren't good enough for a good top-six nor are they fits for a bottom six. Toffoli is Michael Ryder. Pearson is Curtis Glencross.

I watched for the first time since the Ottawa game and not once did I expect us to score on those PPs. I laughed, looked at my pops, and said "the Wild are actively trying to lose this game but the Kings won't let them."
Toffoli really? He's tied for the lead in goals and second in points. Pearson is definitely an anchor right now.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Part of, if not most still falls on lack of players coming through the draft under Lombardi. Kempe has been a huge disappointment so far. Aside from that, no one drafted has made any kind of impact since Pearson.

Mike Futa was largely in charge of Drafting/Scouting and Development under Lombardi. Futa is still employed and deserves to be criticized just like Lombardi.

Futa didn't get a lot of 1st rounders towards the end, but he sure helped the Kings miss a lot of 2nd rounders he did have.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
My baloney has a first name, it's A-E-G-L-U-C, my baloney has a second name, it's...never mind doesn't work.

Reactions: King Trouty

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
What's bizarre to me....is that Stevens puts Amadio on line 4 with players who have the offensive ability of an amoeba and then puts him on PP unit 2. Amadio
needs to center line 3 and have a chance that his wingers can take a pass and possibly do something. He would also have more chances. He does not suck.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
What's bizarre to me....is that Stevens puts Amadio on line 4 with players who have the offensive ability of an amoeba and then puts him on PP unit 2. Amadio
needs to center line 3 and have a chance that his wingers can take a pass and possibly do something. He would also have more chances. He does not suck.

Amadio is not ready to center a third line if he can't have even a smudge of progress playing 4th line minutes.

I'll refer you to this post:

And Clifford with 6 in his last 50.

Just for those ready to toss Clifford away while absolving Kempe

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I hope Blake's "he's a really good coach" vote of confidence was actually a kiss of death otherwise I hope he wears the cement shoes as well.

Everyone sucks right now anyway but Pearson and Toffoli in particular are starting to give me the vibe of those journeyman guys who play for a few teams trying to rediscover their magic but end up really only having 2-3 50-60 point years. You always think they have more but not so much, and they eventually just flame out as they aren't good enough for a good top-six nor are they fits for a bottom six. Toffoli is Michael Ryder. Pearson is Curtis Glencross.

I watched for the first time since the Ottawa game and not once did I expect us to score on those PPs. I laughed, looked at my pops, and said "the Wild are actively trying to lose this game but the Kings won't let them."

Can't remember a couple players falling quicker or further out of favor than those two. Especially at their age. Even with their relatively reasonable contracts. Within that context, it takes a lot for opinion to go down that much. One of the more interesting scenarios to play out from the last few years.

Who says we're not terrible enough to tank with this roster

When you're 30th, and look bad doing it, you're firmly in the tank. I just mean in terms of trading vets off to get some young pieces. Those trades are quite rare this early with the cap. Even if Blake wanted to, it takes two to tango, and every team has to account for the cap this year, and in future years.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
IMG_0323.jpg

EMBRACE THE SUCK FOR KAKKO !!!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Toffoli really? He's tied for the lead in goals and second in points. Pearson is definitely an anchor right now.

I get what your saying but being tied for the goal lead on this team isnt that impressive.

I agree though, Pearson needs to go but kempe imo is a bigger liability at this point.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
People forget this is technically Kempes sophomore season. He was due for a slump. And it doesn't help that the team sucks.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Yeah but his slump started halfway through his rookie season.
And his rookie season started part of the season previous. I'm ok with Kempe. I'm waiting to see him under a new coach, that goes for all of the kids. It's the vets that I dont care to see them under a new coach, some of them need to go.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
There's absolutely no reason he should be in the NHL right now. That's been clear for awhile.

I have no idea what they're doing with him. I hate when young players are rushed.
He's fast and on the roster so people can't complain they aren't playing fast players and trying to play faster (even if they aren't).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00