GDT: GM#10 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00 10/25/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Los Angeles Kings(2-6-1 5pts, Last in Pacific) :thumbd:@ Minnesota Wild(4-2-2, 10 pts, 4th in Central):thumbd:
Xcel Energy Center | St Paul, MN
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 5-4 MIN (OT) April 5, 2018
LAK 4-3 MIN (OT) March 19, 2018
LAK 5-2 MIN Dec 5, 2017

:kings:wild
PP/PK29th/28th25th/10th
Faceoffs6th13th
Leading ScorersAlex Iafallo: 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 pointsZach Parise: 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
iC8RY5P.png

azO5YsC.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Oscar Fantenberg, Paul Ladue, Austin Wagner
Injuries: Dustin Brown (traveling w/ team. Wont play), Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski

:wild
UWeUxf8.png

udHJvth.png

yl35abX.png

Injuries: Joel Erikson-Ek, Matt Hendricks

cut.jpg

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Amadio - Rempal
Wagner - Lewis - Kempe

Muzzin - Doughty
Brickley - Walker
Martinez - LaDue
Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

scratched/waived: Phaneuf - Forbort - Clifford - Thompson
potential future scratches: Martinez - Lewis - Pearson - Kempe
keep an eye on: Amadio

now watch people writing: bro if you think Rempal should play you obviously haven't seen many Kings games... bro if you think Wagner is NHL ready... you obviously haven't seen many Kings games... ETC ETC ETC ETC

point is, everybody sucks right now, so who cares... that's the lineup, live with it

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
God there is a lot of negativity on here for only 9 games in. It is ugly I know but come on LA is 4 games below NHL .500 and has not played a lot of divisional games. Still time to turn it around and I still think if LA can have a winning record against the division they will be ok.

Reactions: Legionnaire

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
God there is a lot of negativity on here for only 9 games in. It is ugly I know but come on LA is 4 games below NHL .500 and has not played a lot of divisional games. Still time to turn it around and I still think if LA can have a winning record against the division they will be ok.
Like they turned it around the last 4 seasons?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

i still can't believe that people like you still exist
how many more shit seasons do you need man??? how manyyyyyy

Reactions: kenito7

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Like they turned it around the last 4 seasons?

I remember before 2010 I was drooling for the chance to cheer for LA in playoffs. In 2012 LA made it in as the 8th seed so sometimes you just got to get it in. I still just want playoff hockey. In 2 of the last 4 years LA was a playoff team and I know they have not won a round but it took a miracle last year for Vegas. Least amount of goals scored in a round win by Vegas and Fleury played out of his mind. Last year this club made some good strides and I still think there is time to build on last year's team.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i still can't believe that people like you still exist
how many more **** seasons do you need man??? how manyyyyyy

Guess I just do not see the point of shitting all over a team that made the playoffs last year, built on that team (although I am not a fan of the Kovalchuk signing), and is still largely made up of the best players to ever wear the kings uniform. Even if this team is shit those players deserve to be celebrated and cheered.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I remember before 2010 I was drooling for the chance to cheer for LA in playoffs. In 2012 LA made it in as the 8th seed so sometimes you just got to get it in. I still just want playoff hockey. In 2 of the last 4 years LA was a playoff team and I know they have not won a round but it took a miracle last year for Vegas. Least amount of goals scored in a round win by Vegas and Fleury played out of his mind. Last year this club made some good strides and I still think there is time to build on last year's team.
Ok, but I couldn't disagree with the bolded statement more. Last year they had career years from Kopitar, Doughty and Brown. That isn't going to happen again.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Guess I just do not see the point of ****ting all over a team that made the playoffs last year, built on that team (although I am not a fan of the Kovalchuk signing), and is still largely made up of the best players to ever wear the kings uniform. Even if this team is **** those players deserve to be celebrated and cheered.
Pale shadows of their former selves for the most part. The players on this roster have been celebrated and cheered. I don't celebrate or cheer this type of play even if it is the ghost of Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr out there.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ok, but I couldn't disagree with the bolded statement more. Last year they had career years from Kopitar, Doughty and Brown. That isn't going to happen again.
The strides they made to me are through players like Kempe, Iafallo and Forbort. Agreed those players will regress more to the mean but where did all the talk go about how even if they do that should be offset by Carter and Kovalchuk? 9 games doesn't change that for me.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The strides they made to me are through players like Kempe, Iafallo and Forbort. Agreed those players will regress more to the mean but where did all the talk go about how even if they do that should be offset by Carter and Kovalchuk? 9 games doesn't change that for me.
Man, take a look at what you are writing here. Kempe is not top six material and neither is Iafallo.

Forbort looks like a 5/6 at best without Doughty.

The players you mention are not the foundation of a championship caliber team.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Man, take a look at what you are writing here. Kempe is not top six material and neither is Iafallo.

Forbort looks like a 5/6 at best without Doughty.

The players you mention are not the foundation of a championship caliber team.
The foundation is still Kopitar, Doughty, Quick. Those players are guys who add Depth which is needed.

Not saying all the nay sayers are wrong but I am saying it's too soon to say one way or the other. I am going to stay positive till at least end of November.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pale shadows of their former selves for the most part. The players on this roster have been celebrated and cheered. I don't celebrate or cheer this type of play even if it is the ghost of Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr out there.

I'm all for negativity at this point, but that's what, 13 games ago? Give me a break.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I do. I mean a win is going to give everyone false hope that they've "righted the ship". Just lose baby.

Amen.

I mean I hate this because I want to root for a win, but even yet another win where we get tooled all game but get bailed out by the goalie is going to be seen as "see? progress!"

Unfortunately I don't think the Wild have what it takes to blow us out, so maybe we only lose 3-2, which will also be seen as progress, so ugh.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm all for negativity at this point, but that's what, 13 games ago? Give me a break.
Not sure what the 13 games ago comment is about. Were the Kings great in the playoffs last season, or coming to the wire at the end of the season? No.

As a group can they do it all at the same time? Probably not. Sure Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty had great numbers last season. Quick was outstanding in the playoffs.

As a group they are pale shadows of their former selves.

Reactions: kenito7

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Guess I just do not see the point of ****ting all over a team that made the playoffs last year, built on that team (although I am not a fan of the Kovalchuk signing), and is still largely made up of the best players to ever wear the kings uniform. Even if this team is **** those players deserve to be celebrated and cheered.

Yes the same team that barely crawls into the playoffs to get bent over.

Reactions: kenito7 and KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad