GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I think that Åman and especially Podkolzin should get more than 4th line minutes.

what have you seen from aman that makes you think he should get more ice time? i think he's been very mediocre even when called on for very limited duties. the team could and should be getting more from that roster slot (maybe not now, but definitely when lazar is back)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hughes, OEL back in, and it looks like Bear is on the 3rd pairing with Stillman..Rathbone and Burroughs onto the 4th pairing... I dont think that the 3rd pairing is carved in stone for tomorrows game.

Boeser back skating.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Rathbone Burroughs is the third pairing. Stillman is just returning from injury and Bear hasn’t played in a while. I’d be very surprised if they take out Boner and Burroughs

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
what have you seen from aman that makes you think he should get more ice time? i think he's been very mediocre even when called on for very limited duties. the team could and should be getting more from that roster slot (maybe not now, but definitely when lazar is back)
Almost the whole team has been mediocre.

I guess it is just me but I see a guy that is noticed on the ice, wins board battles, can hold/protect the puck, fairly good hands and has made passes that are just not been converted, I see him a lot like Tuch, Roy and maybe a younger Thompson

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Rathbone Burroughs is the third pairing. Stillman is just returning from injury and Bear hasn’t played in a while. I’d be very surprised if they take out Boner and Burroughs

I hope it’s Stillman and Bear . I would flip Rathbone and put Stillman in the press box tho

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Team is essentially fully healthy

So that can’t be an excuse

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I hope it’s Stillman and Bear . I would flip Rathbone and put Stillman in the press box tho
It actually sounds like Bruce is going to play Stillman and Bear tomorrow lol

They clearly don’t see what we see with Burroughs. He’s not a world beater but he’s easily a top 6 for us right now

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That OEL- Myers pairing is the definition of Trash

not really much to debate on it
it sucks plain and simple

Bean - Gudbranson
Ghost - Brown
Morrisey - Pionk

those 4 pairings are in a battle for can get caved in worse.

Reactions: Nucker101

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
It actually sounds like Bruce is going to play Stillman and Bear tomorrow lol

They clearly don’t see what we see with Burroughs. He’s not a world beater but he’s easily a top 6 for us right now

Yeah I’m totally with you man on that one . I think Burroughs at best is a 7th defenseman and I have never understood why they are so high on him . Yea he has had some good games but he’s best served as depth and an injury fill in .

Rolling with

OEL Myers

Hughes Schenn

Stillman and Bear is the way to go .

Tough to see Rathbone not play . I would send him to Abby which isn’t what any of us want but we have no spot for him right now . Bear essentially does what Rathbone does and Stillman brings that defensive presence.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah I’m totally with you man on that one . I think Burroughs at best is a 7th defenseman and I have never understood why they are so high on him . Yea he has had some good games but he’s best served as depth and an injury fill in .

Rolling with

OEL Myers

Hughes Schenn

Stillman and Bear is the way to go .

Tough to see Rathbone not play . I would send him to Abby which isn’t what any of us want but we have no spot for him right now . Bear essentially does what Rathbone does and Stillman brings that defensive presence.
Burroughs > Stillman even on the left side

Reactions: wonton15 and Vector

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Burroughs > Stillman even on the left side

Stillman is 3 years younger , left handed and has a higher season . Played on a Chicago team in the middle of a scandal . We haven’t seen the best of him yet .

New team , new system , these things take time .

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Stillman is 3 years younger , left handed and has a higher season . Played on a Chicago team in the middle of a scandal . We haven’t seen the best of him yet .

New team , new system , these things take time .
Fair enough. I think he was part of the reason why Chicago was awful but would love to be proven wrong.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Burroughs is a better player than Stillman, regardless of age. If the team wants to actually make up ground, they need to play the best possible line-up. Scratching one your best defencemen, which is an absolutely bizarre thing to say about Burroughs but here we are this year, is not the way to do it.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
If it were up to me Stillman would be in the press box and it would be Rathbone and Bear playing . But I like Stillman more than Burroughs , but everyone can like one or the other between him and Burroughs

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Burroughs competes with bear
&
Rathbone competes with Stillman

Taking the past 2 games into account Rathbone should be in over stillman

Rathbone was bad first 2 games and has been solid for his past 2 showing improvement

Stillman was terrinle his past 3 games that he played

Reactions: Grantham

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Ughh Stillman in for Rathbone? and you boot Burrough out of the lineup too? Bruce you really making me want to cheer the Bruce there he goes chants.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I dont think they will go with a Rathbone /Bear pairing ..my .02 cents..

Both players are the same flavour..(PMD)..They will likely want one of the pairing to be more of a gritty D man .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad