GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Why? Burroughs played the left side effectively last year and played a game or two this preseason there.

A case can be made he's been our best RS Dman. I'd rather not move the teams best RS Dman to LS to make way for a guy who has been playing 7/8. If you want Bear on the right side check on Myers and Schenn.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
A case can be made he's been our best RS Dman. I'd rather not move the teams best RS Dman to LS to make way for a guy who has been playing 7/8.

On the other hand we know he’s good on the LS and would still be a big upgrade over Stillman/Brisebois/Rathbone. Hell, I’d give OEL. A few games off and play Burroughs on the LS over him.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Then Luongo got pistol whipped by the Blackhawks in 2009
Fixed.

In my opinion, this is what truly broke Luongo. He was always a great goalie even after that (despite some significant playoff yips when it mattered most), but he was never the same goalie that he was from 2007-2009. Luongo should have been that generation's version of Roy/Brodeur/Hasek but instead, probably became that generation's version of Curtis Joseph.

Reactions: sting101

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Fixed.

In my opinion, this is what truly broke Luongo. He was always a great goalie even after that (despite some significant playoff yips when it mattered most), but he was never the same goalie that he was from 2007-2009. Luongo should have been that generation's version of Roy/Brodeur/Hasek but instead, probably became that generation's version of Curtis Joseph.
For me it was the groin injury in 07-08. I remember the game against Pittsburgh when it happened. It was a morning game and I was watching it from a restaurant I worked at at the time.

He was still fabulous after, but never saw 06-07 Luongo again.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
For me it was the groin injury in 07-08. I remember the game against Pittsburgh when it happened. It was a morning game and I was watching it from a restaurant I worked at at the time.

He was still fabulous after, but never saw 06-07 Luongo again.
i still remember watching that game over lunch at the two parrots pub in coquitlam

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The Devils look very good today. The boys better be ready for a tight checking fast paced game.

Speed and tight checking is this teams worst nightmare. Has been for years, got to get more speed on the wings, less boesers and pearsons.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Speed and tight checking is this teams worst nightmare. Has been for years, got to get more speed on the wings, less boesers and pearsons.
its funny that for a guy who knows how to win pearson hasnt shared the knowledge

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Guessing we see the debuts of both Bear and Studnicka in this game? Or do we think Bear needs a bit more practice time before being inserted into the lineup?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Horvat signing? :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20221031_075032.jpg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Guessing we see the debuts of both Bear and Studnicka in this game? Or do we think Bear needs a bit more practice time before being inserted into the lineup?

The practice lines today didn't really reveal anything. Hughes' comments to press make it sound like he'll definitely be playing on Tuesday. However, OEL had a maintenance day. The way it's gone this season, he'll be day-to-day tomorrow, week-to-week and IRed before the game.

Assuming OEL plays, it's a choice between Rathbone, Burroughs, and Bear. To me the obvious choice is Burroughs-Bear but there's been a lot of weird line-up decisions.

Reactions: Lindgren

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Confirmation they rushed Hughes back just to go 0-6? Boeser was probably not near 100% either considering he was back like a week earlier than the original timeline.

The real question was why the urgency for the beginning of the season? There’s 82 games for a reason.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Confirmation they rushed Hughes back just to go 0-6? Boeser was probably not near 100% either considering he was back like a week earlier than the original timeline.

The real question was why the urgency for the beginning of the season? There’s 82 games for a reason.

Bet Boeser never even had surgery, just lazy fat greedy Brock wanted to skip training camp.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Theyre changing the name of Rogers Arena to Blueberries Bonanza Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad