GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
From what I saw..It looked like Stillman and Bear are on the 4th pairing at practice today.

We will find out . Canuck Clay said he didn’t trade for Bear for him to sit but he is a fan so let’s wait and see what tomorrow has in store

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’m a fairly new fan , so haven’t seen Luongo live. Was he a tier above Demko? In terms of terrorizing the opposition when they are riding a hot wave.

Only asking cause we already seen some high pressures games from Demko, the playoffs briefly and last year

Edit*
Sorry if I caused a commotion
I guess my question is was Luongo more capable of stealing a series than Demko?

What’s exciting is Luongo came to van when he was demkos age

Luongo literally stole a season in 2006-07, never mind a series.

He was a top-3 goalie in the NHL for a decade and is headed to the HHOF for a reason.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Luongo literally stole a season in 2006-07, never mind a series.

He was a top-3 goalie in the NHL for a decade and is headed to the HHOF for a reason.
Woah, that’s amazing. What’s crazy is he was traded once before coming to Vancouver as well and even crazier ,Vancouver got him for 31 year old Bertuzzi and a first round bust.

And people here talk about “Canuck luck” uh what? :huh:

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I’m a fairly new fan , so haven’t seen Luongo live. Was he a tier above Demko? In terms of terrorizing the opposition when they are riding a hot wave.

Only asking cause we already seen some high pressures games from Demko, the playoffs briefly and last year

Edit*
Sorry if I caused a commotion
I guess my question is was Luongo more capable of stealing a series than Demko?

What’s exciting is Luongo came to van when he was demkos age

we had a horrible team with no offense in 06-07 and luongo single handedly got us 50 wins. tells u all u need to know about louuuuuu

Reactions: Ozone

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Woah, that’s amazing. What’s crazy is he was traded once before coming to Vancouver as well and even crazier ,Vancouver got him for 31 year old Bertuzzi and a first round bust.

bertuzzi was a borderline star forward at the time. he put up like 70 points the season before he was traded. allen and auld were both solid nhlers

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Devils are fast and usually give us a really hard time with our shit defense. Should be an interesting one.

I think Studnicka might draw in for Dries. I wouldn’t expect Bruce to switch anything else up while we’re winning.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
And it utterly failed the first time.

But at least I could buy that one as a maintenance day after he’d taken some big hits.

That one had some justification.

I’m not sure what the plan is for the upcoming game. Stillman is still on IR, despite practicing. OEL either got a maintenance day or is out. Couple different factors.

I read somewhere, might have been a Dayakl article, that said the Canucks don’t seem to realize how good Burroughs is but will likely get a decent mid-round pick for him at the deadline. I definitely agree with the first part.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat, me2 and MS

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

It may be crazy that he got traded early in his career, but it’s one hundred billionty percent understandable. See, Mike Milbury is a legendary idiot in the game of hockey. Big moron lore. He had Lu all ready to take over in New York until a hotshot American goalie was a realistic first overall selection in the upcoming 2000 draft. Milbury selects said goalie, Rick DiPietro, first overall and proceeds to trade Luongo and Olli Jokinen to Florida for two players who ended up having lesser careers than Lu and Olli.

Just Mike Milbury doing Mike Milbury things.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Taking Burroughs out for Stillman would be insanity.

I don't think Bruce sees it this way. He seems like he wants his RHD on the right and his LHD on the left. It would be Burroughs out for Bear. It's been his MO all season

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
And it’s stupid.

A good player on his off side is better then a bad player on his natural side.
Exactly. Look at what Calgary is doing with Weegar. He's an RHD playing the left side with Tanev on their shut down pairing. Burroughs has been our best defensive defenseman. He's a big boy that can play the left side. Taking him out for Bear or Stillman is criminal.

Please Bruce, don't break my heart.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This Devils is no longer an 'easy out', particularly on the road. The went into Columbus and buried the Jackets
7-1, but also won a 1-0 game in Denver. So they can play it any way you want.

The key for the Canucks will be to jump on them early since the Devils are at the back end of a long road-trip. Have high hopes for the that line of Pettersson, between Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. There's a superb playmaker; a shooter and winger with breakaway speed. Shaping up as the Canucks top line.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad