GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 1st, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet 360
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Miller-Horvat-Garland
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Podkolzin-Aman-Joshua
Pearson-Studnicka-Hoglander

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Stillman-Bear

Demko

Devils Line-Up:

Tatar-Hischier-Zetterlund
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Sharangovich-Mercer-Boqvist
Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Graves-Marino
Smith-Severson

Vanacek

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hughes is definitely suiting up for this one.

You kinda hope OEL is playing banged up with how bad he looks.

NJ is a fun team and it feels like they usually play well against the Canucks so Demko is going to have find his form in this one.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Does anyone know what Hughes injury was? I watched the last game he played and there was no indication of anything wrong.
They list it as a lower body injury but that could mean anything, he wasn't limping or anything.

If Stillman, Hughes and Bear all play doesn't that put them well over the cap?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Does anyone know what Hughes injury was? I watched the last game he played and there was no indication of anything wrong.
They list it as a lower body injury but that could mean anything, he wasn't limping or anything.

If Stillman, Hughes and Bear all play doesn't that put them well over the cap?

They didn’t say anything specific about the injury.

No on the cap question. They all are on IR so their cap hit remains regardless of if they play. IR just opens up an available roster spot and nothing else.

Canucks currently have, officially, 2 open roster spots after sending Dries and Juulsen down.

Reactions: theguardianII

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We need to do everything within our power to keep Kuzmenko

He's going to do everything within his power to get a fat paycheck, though. Will need to move salary to sign him long term.

Keeping him over Boeser is 100% the right move - Kuz seems to be fantastic in the room and has this electricity to the way he plays. Boeser is just a husk of what he once was and he needs a fresh start.

Reactions: theguardianII

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I really hope Bear plays tomorrow , and sit Burroughs . A 4th line of Bear and Rathbone is what I wanna see

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
As speculated, Hughes has been fighting an injury right from the get-go here..Accounts for his less than stellar play..Good to see him back...For all the OEL bashers out there,... looks he is also fighting through through an ailment this season (still recovering from the foot injury).not at practice,.maintenance day for him.

Lol “oel basher” as if he’s getting a hard ride from anyone

You’re a future basher and a ever succeeding basher

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Looks like Rathbone and Burroughs will be the odd man out and it will be Stillman and Bear in which I’m totally ok with . Sucks because I have liked what I have seen from Rathbone but Stillman costed a 2nd round pick so you don’t want that sitting in the stands and Rathbone is from the previous regime so Alvin and Rutherford plus BB don’t owe him anything and only the best players will be playing

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Looks like Rathbone and Burroughs will be the odd man out and it will be Stillman and Bear in which I’m totally ok with . Sucks because I have liked what I have seen from Rathbone but Stillman costed a 2nd round pick so you don’t want that sitting in the stands and Rathbone is from the previous regime so Alvin and Rutherford plus BB don’t owe him anything and only the best players will be playing
Stillman looked useless in the games he was in. We don't lack toughness as long as Schenn and Burroughs are active, plus they make smart reads. There's a ton of clutter on the roster set up by panicking moves from management.

I could see Rathbone get traded since we have 2 offensively oriented LDs already. Management has already made 3~ trades for defencemen in less than a year.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
From what I saw..It looked like Stillman and Bear are on the 4th pairing at practice today.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I’m a fairly new fan , so haven’t seen Luongo live. Was he a tier above Demko? In terms of terrorizing the opposition when they are riding a hot wave.

Only asking cause we already seen some high pressures games from Demko, the playoffs briefly and last year

Edit*
Sorry if I caused a commotion
I guess my question is was Luongo more capable of stealing a series than Demko?

What’s exciting is Luongo came to van when he was demkos age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille