B.C.
The first match was great

Second match is decent so far
I like Lun but he seems like he needs a bit more work to do yet

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Great first episode. Best part was DB marking out like a little kid over every move :laugh:

-First match, Saez cracked me up with his hammy mannerisms but a very good match. Metalik hit all the big Luchador checkmarks.

-Second match I thought Daivari should have won, he's the better wrestler and has all the makings of a quality heel. Ho Ho was alright but I feel like the crowd was more anti-Daivari than pro-Ho Ho

-Third match was excellent, Alexander rocked the house and Petiot had a nice power game. Probably the best overall match of the night.

-Ibushi absolutely delivered in the 4th match, but Maluta gave a great effort. Maluta needs some polishing but I can see him in the developmental system in the next few years.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Great first episode. Best part was DB marking out like a little kid over every move :laugh:

-First match, Saez cracked me up with his hammy mannerisms but a very good match. Metalik hit all the big Luchador checkmarks.

-Second match I thought Daivari should have won, he's the better wrestler and has all the makings of a quality heel. Ho Ho was alright but I feel like the crowd was more anti-Daivari than pro-Ho Ho

-Third match was excellent, Alexander rocked the house and Petiot had a nice power game. Probably the best overall match of the night.

-Ibushi absolutely delivered in the 4th match, but Maluta gave a great effort. Maluta needs some polishing but I can see him in the developmental system in the next few years.

Pretty much agree with all of this, except maybe that the third match was the best
First, third and fourth match were all fantastic

Even agree that Lun probably shouldn't have won
He seems like he has quite a bit of potential, but needs a bit more polish yet

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Pretty much agree with all of this, except maybe that the third match was the best
First, third and fourth match were all fantastic

Even agree that Lun probably shouldn't have won
He seems like he has quite a bit of potential, but needs a bit more polish yet
There are a few 'lesser' guys in the tournament like that. They've gone for the more 'exotic' locations over skill, which is fine really. They goal is a global tournament, not a BOLA like show. And wins are going to be slightly political because of that. Like final four being from four countries or something.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
There are a few 'lesser' guys in the tournament like that. They've gone for the more 'exotic' locations over skill, which is fine really. They goal is a global tournament, not a BOLA like show. And wins are going to be slightly political because of that. Like final four being from four countries or something.

It's neat to see these lesser known guys. Not every competitor needs to be an OMG super indy/Japan guy. And the tournament really does have an "international" feel to it especially with them hyping up the representing of their countries.

This is HHH vision of wrestling. If he takes over from Vince I think the WWE is in good hands.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Great first show. I really liked Metalik, Ibushi and I thought Maluta had a terrific showing in his match.

Ibushi-Maluta was the MOTN imo. The only drawback is Maluta is out. I would like to see more of him. Hope they scoop him up for NXT.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I was a bit surprised by, but really liked, how much it felt like it existed in its own universe, despite Triple H, ironically, providing the intro package's voice overs and the NXT crowd doing its normal shtick.

Pretty good show overall, even if I'd never heard of many of the wrestlers. Loved the production packages; they felt like they were right out of Street Fighter II. As mentioned, Mauro and DB on commentary were great and added to the gravity of each match. Lastly, the matches were solid all around. I worried that we'd see spotfests devoid of much storytelling and psychology, as is seems all too common with cruiseweight matches, but that wasn't the case.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Cedric Alexander was my MVP last night, I think. Maluta impressed me as well...

(We all know how good Ibushi is)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Daniel Bryan was really good on commentary. Better than any other colour commentator in WWE probably. Only Graves might be a bit better.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Bryan marking out over moves was great
Especially when both Bryan and Mauro marked out over the shooting star press off the ring
Commentary is a blast in the CWC

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just watching the first episode... what the **** is this greatness? The commentary is awesome. The wrestling is awesome. The storytelling is awesome. I absolutely love how they are putting over all other athletes and all other promotions.

This is a freaking GEM. I am really enjoying it. The first match was a lot of fun, IMO. The dude from Chile was really selling well. His facial expressions were great. That Lucha guy was ****ing SICK. His moves were so unique without looking too staged.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
This thing is interesting given the whole wrestling vs sports entertainment thread we had going on here awhile back. Now we're getting WWE presenting that more "wrestling" type package.

Looking forward to more people who just watch WWE getting exposed to some different stuff. Can only be a good thing tbh.

Oct 18, 2011
it's amazing how much better the product looks with a serious, sports like presentation without campy comedy and a bunch of overwritten dialogue...I hope this is something that will be implemented more in the future

wwe seems to think that kind of crap has mass appeal..i can't think of anything more embarrassing than when I have wrestling on and someone else walks in the room and there is some stupid facepalm inducing ******** and those people look at you like you are an idiot for watching this ****.

IMO wrestling would have more appeal with this type of presentation, where you can get invested in the athletes, like in a real sport and other people walk in the room and instead of rolling their eyes, they just see two excellent athletes in the ring, with commentators who are talking about what's going on inside that 20 by 20

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Really enjoyable hour, love the announcers and fight feeling to the matches. Alexander/Ibushi match should be excellent in a few weeks.

I did think Davari should have won, but not a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad