WWE: Global Cruiserweight Series coming to Network on July 13

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Point system. Do something like a point system and rank the CWs. Just give us a taste of something new. Not saying my idea is good, just throwing something way different that the crowd can really buy into.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Fantastic final. Ibushi vs TJP was match of the night, had that been the final it would have been amazing. Nothing against Metalik vs TJP, also a great match.

Not a fan of ZSJr in this tournament, his match against Matalik was awesome tho.

Well done.Fantastic final. Ibushi vs TJP was match of the night, had that been the final it would have been amazing. Nothing against Metalik vs TJP, also a great match.

Not a fan of ZSJr in this tournament, his match against Matalik was awesome tho.

Well done.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm gonna watch them because I watch the shows but I already know that this is going to be a flop. It's on the wrong show with the wrong commentary team and the wrong environment. Cruiserweights should have been a Smackdown exclusive and I think eventually it will at some point get there because that's the only place this is really going to work well.

They never will recapture the commentary on either show. Otunga and JBL is a gigantic step down from DB.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
has anyone seen this Foley v Graves mini feud :laugh:

Foley tweeted a joke about getting Bryan and Ranallo to commentate on the Cruiserweights on Raw. Corey Graves tweeted him saying theres already guys on the Raw desk who know what thye are talking about. Foley responds with this 5 paragraph dickslap essentially telling Graves not to throw shade at the General Manager looool

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They never will recapture the commentary on either show. Otunga and JBL is a gigantic step down from DB.

I agree but Mauro is Mauro and not Cole. Mauro will also take over the commentary in certain spots like he did in Backlash and I think he'd show a lot more emotion in those Cruiserweight matches that would convey well on the broadcast.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I appreciate that Mick is acutely aware, but he needs to be more self-aware.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's not wrong. Neither of them are.

There's ONE person on the RAW booth who could call those matches and Graves is that guy. Michael Cole & Bryon Saxton couldn't call their way out of paper bags.

PS. It would be great if this led to Graves being traded for Otunga. I could just skip RAW altogether :laugh:

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's not wrong. Neither of them are.

There's ONE person on the RAW booth who could call those matches and Graves is that guy. Michael Cole & Bryon Saxton couldn't call their way out of paper bags.

PS. It would be great if this led to Graves being traded for Otunga. I could just skip RAW altogether :laugh:

Even Graves may not be a good guy to call those matches. He never called one of those matches and Graves shines best heeling it up and cruiserweights shouldn't be as defined with face-heel personas. They should just wrestle and it should be treated like it's professional wrestling almost like it's a legitimate competition.

And Graves for Otunga will never happen. WWE needs to keep their quota of having an African-American visible on their programming for a certain length of time. It's the only reason why Otunga and Saxton have a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad