WWE: Global Cruiserweight Series coming to Network on July 13

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think Ricochet would be possible while he has the silly Lucha Underground contract. Not that it couldn't be broken (and they might not even exist come the summer), but it's something to note all the same. I'm not sure who else from that show is all tied up.

Zack Sabre Jr., Marty Scurll, and Will Ospreay I hope to see. All three are awesome, and all three should be being hounded by WWE to sign with them.

Anyway, there are loads of guys that they could use for this, but we've got almost no information to go on to really base any speculation. Like do that want outside guys as jobbers? As added flair? To make a really big event really awesome? Are they going to use a lot of main roster guys? We also have no idea on the goals. Is this a vehicle to get someone over? To introduce new talent? To revive an old belt? Be a thing on it's own? Many questions.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
I don't think Ricochet would be possible while he has the silly Lucha Underground contract. Not that it couldn't be broken (and they might not even exist come the summer), but it's something to note all the same. I'm not sure who else from that show is all tied up.

Zack Sabre Jr., Marty Scurll, and Will Ospreay I hope to see. All three are awesome, and all three should be being hounded by WWE to sign with them.

Anyway, there are loads of guys that they could use for this, but we've got almost no information to go on to really base any speculation. Like do that want outside guys as jobbers? As added flair? To make a really big event really awesome? Are they going to use a lot of main roster guys? We also have no idea on the goals. Is this a vehicle to get someone over? To introduce new talent? To revive an old belt? Be a thing on it's own? Many questions.

I don't see why he couldn't perform as Ricochet since he does so on the indies. Only thing that could stop him would be a schedule conflict, maybe.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't see why he couldn't perform as Ricochet since he does so on the indies. Only thing that could stop him would be a schedule conflict, maybe.
He's under contract with them. He can't be on TV with anyone else. I'd assume it would extend to a network special with the WWE, but it might not.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Didn't Ospreay sign with NJPW? I remember hearing Meltzer talk about how TNA thought they had him and then he suddenly signed with NJPW. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though.

Tournaments are fun, though. If it's done in NXT I have faith it'll be done well.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
He's under contract with them. He can't be on TV with anyone else. I'd assume it would extend to a network special with the WWE, but it might not.

Hmm, that could be a loophole if the network doesn't count as TV. But we don't know the specifics of his contract.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Didn't Ospreay sign with NJPW? I remember hearing Meltzer talk about how TNA thought they had him and then he suddenly signed with NJPW. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though.

Tournaments are fun, though. If it's done in NXT I have faith it'll be done well.
Ospreay is going to work for NJPW, but I don't know if he's signing a full contract with them. Don't think he's announced anything officially yet.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012

He doesn't appear in ROH or TNA as Ricochet though. LU allows them to take North American indie bookings that aren't on TV/ippv + they can do TV/ippv overseas (eg njpw).

Unless WWE/NJPW does a deal, I don't see how Ricochet gets on.

I'll be interesting to see if the 'outside' guys can take bookings while this is going on, and whether it's live or taped.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's going to be taped at the NXT arena, but no details on dates. I'd assume they'll just tape episodes the day after they tape NXT for a few months.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer says there's a good chance Kota Ibushi will be in this tournament. He [Ibushi] wants to be in it, too.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Will Ospreay basically confirmed he'll be in this tournament. At a show in Ireland last night he said he'll be showing up on the Network very soon. (He's not going to NXT yet, he's going to work in Japan first).

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Meltzer says there's a good chance Kota Ibushi will be in this tournament. He [Ibushi] wants to be in it, too.

giphy.gif

I love the King of Strong Style and the Rainmaker is probably in my top five on the planet but I always thought Ibushi was the most WWE-Primed Japanese talent out there. I am super excited to see him in a Titan ring.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The WWE has said they're going to have qualifiers for this tournament. These matches are going to take place in various indy shows, so that's some nice promoting going on (both for the WWE and the indies). EVOLVE is getting some (who WWE already work with), and PROGRESS (UK promotion) announced today that they're going to have a couple of them too. I'd expect that more will be announced as we go.

EVOLVE already works with the WWE, so that's not surprising they'll be involved, but for PROGRESS to get some really is awesome. HHH has name dropped them a few times, so I'm gonna assume he's a fan, or at least Regal is and feeds him lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00