WWE: Global Cruiserweight Series coming to Network on July 13

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I think the interesting bit is that Almas/La Sombra isn't taking part.

It's ridiculous to the point where I have to admit I've pretty much lost interest in this entire deal. Once again, WWE announces loud and clear: We don't know how to deal with cruiserweights, and I'm sure they'll screw this guy up royally.

Tajiri? Are they forming a Seniors Cruiserweight Division? :shakehead

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I think it's cool that Tajiri is in it. Gives the tournament a recognisable name for a lot of people, and it's not like the competition is full of old guys. Don't see what the issue is at all, I know I'll be interested in watching him.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
It's ridiculous to the point where I have to admit I've pretty much lost interest in this entire deal. Once again, WWE announces loud and clear: We don't know how to deal with cruiserweights, and I'm sure they'll screw this guy up royally.

Tajiri? Are they forming a Seniors Cruiserweight Division? :shakehead

There have been wrestlers Tajiri's age in the G1 Climax tournaments. Is that an issue? What's wrong with having a little name power in the tournament? I'm excited to see Tajiri and Brian Kendrick wrestle.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Should let Kendrick win as a 'Thank you, we know you really, really, really, really tried' for the work he put in with Eva.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Just found out that the Bollywood Boyz who worked out at my old gym I used to go to are going to this event. Used to talk to them all the time, great they are given a shot.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Other than Ibushi and Sabre jr...
Gran Metalik is another name I am excited about.
He wrestled as Máscara Dorada in Mexico...
And I really liked his matches against Volador jr.
The guy has a really vast moveset...
And he is pretty consistent with his spots.
I doubt he will win it...
But I expect him to make it pretty far.

It is also nice to see other upstarts like Cedric Alexander and T.J. Perkins...
Along with familiar veterans in Tajiri and Brian Kendricks...
In the same tournament.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Apparently...
The taping had already began...
And the result for the first round is already leaked.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There's no chance that it would ever be live, the costs would be insanely higher to do that. And that's ignoring the obvious logistical impossibilities.

The taping dates are:

23rd June
14th July
26th August
14th September - Live

They taped all of the first round on the first date, so those are the results that have been reported so far.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
A note on the guy who ended up not being on the show, Zumbi from Brazil. He didn't miss weight or anything, it was apparently a visa issue and couldn't work in the US. That's why he was working the show in Mexico instead.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
We've got a bracket now from the show last night, so we can try and work out exactly who Sabre Jr. is going to beat on the way to winning the trophy!

20160705_CWC_Bracketology_BRACKET--d87ad5e36e94ba9c6ae5cb388018aea5.jpg

(I'll post the matches for next round in the spoiler thread)

S A W F T*

Thanks for the bump... I would have totally forgotten this was tonight otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad