Give it 20

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Calgary doesn't give up 5-star chances every game cause they play a system and stick to that system

their goalies are better cause they have an NHL defense...Gio and Brodie are light-years better than anything we have

I think it's impossible to even evaluate the players on this team because the idiotic system we are running. I watched Schultz leave the front of the net last game to go chase after a guy going to a non-scoring area because of this idiotic system. It left the slot wide open, which is a-ok according to Eakins, and ended up with a faceoff at centre ice. I'm not sure how I can evaluate how good or bad Schultz is. Maybe Schultz sucks and Fanye and etc I have no idea.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

B0CZnFRCIAAYXCD.png

You're right....bullcrap :laugh:

I could post one of these every game

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I think it's impossible to even evaluate the players on this team because the idiotic system we are running. I watched Schultz leave the front of the net last game to go chase after a guy going to a non-scoring area because of this idiotic system. It left the slot wide open, which is a-ok according to Eakins, and ended up with a faceoff at centre ice. I'm not sure how I can evaluate how good or bad Schultz is. Maybe Schultz sucks and Fanye and etc I have no idea.

This is what it really seems like, it happens too often to be people simply making mistakes, guys always go chasing after the puck expecting someone else to get to the dangerous part of the ice. It didn't work last year and it's not working this year. I wanted Eakins fired last year but I was willing to give him a chance to show that he learned his lessons after the spectacular failure last season. That didn't happen so it's time for the GM to swallow his pride and accept that he goofed hiring the head coach and fix the mistake. Don't have to hire someone better right now, let Ramsay be the stop gap this year and then make a good choice in the offseason. I have always felt that a GM gets 2 chances to hire a head coach. So let's get on with it already. Made a mistake on the first one, time to see if he can do better on the second try.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Either this is the most brain dead team in history or the coach ****ing sucks. Or both. I see no reason why Eakins STILL has a job.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
20 is way too long. It's obvious already. Mact shouldn't even need the whole 7 game home-stand.

If they lose the next 2 games in similar fashion to the last 2 loses, a GM that truly wants to save this season would pull the trigger on this coach at 0-6.

This is already a debacle and one shouldn't need more proof to be convinced.

As for KLowe. Katz could fire him today and it wouldn't affect anything. It a nothing job. You don't even really need a POHO.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm thinking the Oilers should deploy a 2-1-2 strategy. 2 forwards, 1 mid forward who covers the neutral zone AND THE SLOT, and 2 defensemen. I guess you could call it the trap lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You seem confused. I never said the Oilers didn't give up five bell chances.

So what were you calling bullcrap?

That the Flames don't stick to a system?
That their goalies are better? Or that Giordano and Brodie are light years better than any Oilers defenseman.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
we still have to win 6 games to get to 80 if we add in last years totals

Oh I'm pissed about this debacle, absolutely. I'm just sharing how tempered my hopes were for this season. And it looks like they won't even come remotely close to even that. What a joke.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I'm thinking the Oilers should deploy a 2-1-2 strategy. 2 forwards, 1 mid forward who covers the neutral zone AND THE SLOT, and 2 defensemen. I guess you could call it the trap lol

Eakins has only one allowably "system" in his mind, the Swarm cannot fail, it can only be failed. His unwillingness or inability to try anything different will be why he never makes it as an NHL coach. If he isn't willing to abandon it, the team needs to abandon him. Now. Not after he's allowed to piss another quarter of a season away.

Eirhead*

Leading the way for McDavid!!

m7J6VvX.png

dat goal differential

Isn't it the plan to draft a generational talent? We've been pretty good at placing well in the draft for the last 5 years, why stop now?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
How have these first 4 games not been perfect evidence that there is something seriously wrong with this team? All the built in excuses MacT and Eakins had going for them last year no longer exist, yet the same fundamental breakdowns are there for all to see. MacT had a full year of watching Eakins "system" to analyze and decide who his targets would be via trade/free agency. They had their "continuity" of the same coach returning. They brought in a veteran assistant coach to burden the load. They brought in their advanced stats guru. All this, yet same results as last year. Wide open looks in the slot while 4 defenders swarm a guy in the corner. Complete blown assignments at the point or in front.

What are 16 more games possibly going to tell us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad