Give it 20

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I will be the first to admit that start of this season has been very dis heartening, but, it is still just 4 games. Scrivens has been horrible but I think will get his game together. If the oilers are in the bottom 5 teams after 20 I will officially switch to the fire Lowe side of the fence. Let some one new in, clean house, out with Eakins and Lowe.

But, lets give it 20, it is just to soon to over react.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
The next 7 games are at home against a hard schedule except for two games maybe. It could get pretty ugly pretty fast.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I agree.

We're not even 10 games deep. Lets take a breath and see what happens.

:handclap:

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
I will be the first to admit that start of this season has been very dis heartening, but, it is still just 4 games. Scrivens has been horrible but I think will get his game together. If the oilers are in the bottom 5 teams after 20 I will officially switch to the fire Lowe side of the fence. Let some one new in, clean house, out with Eakins and Lowe.

But, lets give it 20, it is just to soon to over react.

No.

The management team and coaches are dysfunctional and incompetent. The evidence of this is overwhelming. Even MacTavish described the team as a "debacle" last season.

It is even worse this season.

This ****show has been ongoing for years, and a few more games isn't going to change the stench coming from Kingsway Avenue.

The sooner they are gone, the better.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It already feels like the season is over, and I'm one of the few on here that predicted this was the year for playoffs. :help: :shakehead

Not one person on the management/coaching staff deserves another game. At the very least the head coach should be canned. This team is going nowhere running whatever his "system" is.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
This 7 game home stretch should be the last games they get to prove anything. Ill give them the first 11 games of the season and if its still this bad fire everyone. We absolutely caanot allow a whole season to go down the drain because some people have eakins glasses on

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
We've been seeing what can happen for 5 years

Regardless, we finally have some size in the lineup. Pouliot, Purcell, Nikiten, Fayne, Drasaitl, etc.

I know it's hard, I get it. I'm fed up too but we need to give the team some more time. Four games is too small of a sample size.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Craig Button was just on with Struds and he said if the oil lose the next three Eakins will be gone.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Regardless, we finally have some size in the lineup. Pouliot, Purcell, Nikiten, Fayne, Drasaitl, etc.

I know it's hard, I get it. I'm fed up too but we need to give the team some more time. Four games is too small of a sample size.

Ya, I agree, sure it is has been 5 years, but this is a new team. Fayne, Nikitin, MAP, Purcell, DRaisaitl, Fasth and Scrivens.

It is unfair to judge all of them based on the last five years. give them a bit of time.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I agree with your agreement, and for the love of god, lets see Hall-Nuge-Yaks. turn the number 1s loose and see what they can do.

What on earth makes you think that this current group of players/coaches/management can turn this team around?

We are awful. We have no centre depth. Our wingers can't be bothered to play defence. Our defence can't even be bothered to play defence. Our goaltending looks questionable, and the only guy that looked good is hurt. Our coaching is inept and we look like we don't belong in the nhl.

We tried this exact formula last year. Go into the season weak up the middle and with questions everywhere else in the line up. Seriously, we went into last season with Arco, Gagner, and Gordon as our top 3 centres with RNH injured. This year we think we can inject a 18 yr old kid into our centre group and think that it's better. Now we have Arco, Drai, and Gordon as our centres with RNH hurt hahahha

We just did this 12 months ago and its the same thing.

Get rid of Eakins now before he does more damage. Get rid of Lowe and Mact while your at it. Enough is enough.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Meh. It's been a season and a bit. It's pretty clear that this core isn't working. This coach isn't working. And the old boys upstairs still don't know what they're doing.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
What on earth makes you think that this current group of players/coaches/management can turn this team around?

We are awful. We have no centre depth. Our wingers can't be bothered to play defence. Our defence can't even be bothered to play defence. Our goaltending looks questionable, and the only guy that looked good is hurt. Our coaching is inept and we look like we don't belong in the nhl.

We tried this exact formula last year. Go into the season weak up the middle and with questions everywhere else in the line up. Seriously, we went into last season with Arco, Gagner, and Gordon as our top 3 centres with RNH injured. This year we think we can inject a 18 yr old kid into our centre group and think that it's better. Now we have Arco, Drai, and Gordon as our centres with RNH hurt hahahha

We just did this 12 months ago and its the same thing.

Get rid of Eakins now before he does more damage. Get rid of Lowe and Mact while your at it. Enough is enough.

As just noted this is a very different group than the team last year. So we shouldn't just assume the same result will happen. IT isn't the same team and this team deserves more than 4 games to prove them selves.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Craig Button was just on with Struds and he said if the oil lose the next three Eakins will be gone.

Next three? Wow, yup an eight game losing streak ought to be enough to torpedo season number two. Van, Tbay, and then the Caps... So who do you guys think is behind the bench when the hurricanes are in town?

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
As just note this is a very differnt group that the team last year. So we shouldn't just assume the same result will happen. IT isn't the same team and this team deserves more than 4 games to prove them selves.

We've added bits and pieces, but the result is the same. I just haven't seen anything from this management/coaching group that makes me think anyone has any idea what they're doing.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
That's too long IMO. They have to finish this homestand with a winning record IMO. Carolina should be a win for sure, Nashville and Vancouver will be tougher but they should be able to pull them out, and one win vs one of Montreal, Washington and Tampa. Not saying I expect this at all, but at the stage this team is at that's what they should be doing for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad