Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We have absolutely no clue what his injury is and how long he will be out.
Could even be a good thing if he is 100% to start the playoffs well rested.

I would still push that agenda hard to get Zito to budge to get what seems to be an on the fence stance on Samoskevich + Denisenko + 2nd. The Hagel trade and now this should allow for that trade to be accepted if that rumor is true.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Could even be a good thing if he is 100% to start the playoffs well rested.

I would still push that agenda hard to get Zito to budge to get what seems to be an on the fence stance on Samoskevich + Denisenko + 2nd. The Hagel trade and now this should allow for that trade to be accepted if that rumor is true.

Rumour by Avs writer?

You’re not going to get that

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
If Colorado has the best offer but Giroux wants to go to Florida only, then all Florida has to do is wait until 30 minutes before the trade deadline and ask Philly if they are ready to get nothing for him or are they ready to accept what works for Florida.
Gee, I wonder if other GM's have ever thought of that at the TDL before....

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure. But it seems like that’s what the flyers may want. Not Tippet. Given the sellers market, it can only help. Seems like that way may have happened with some progress as below.

Giroux has nmc, it’s not sellers market with Giroux.

There’s rumours he said no to Boston and Rangers.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I can't imagine Colorado parting with a better piece than Samoskevich, so if Giroux prefers Florida, that's where he should be going.

Here's the thing though, Chuck Fletcher is a f***ing raging moron. He probably covets a piece from Colorado that is inferior to Samoskevich in every way.

i think Cuck covets Barron but especially that 1st rounder. The latter of which he’ll attach to JVR to dump his contract

Last edited:

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
To me it is not rocket science. Giroux will either go where he wants or stay in Philly the rest of the year. What more could the Dumbass GM say to Giroux that has not already been said. Does he think Giroux will wake up and have and epiphany? If you want to avoid these situations don't give out NMC's. Eight years ago if he would not sign without a NMC then you trade him then. The 7-8 year contract with a NMC will kill a team....

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
To me it is not rocket science. Giroux will either go where he wants or stay in Philly the rest of the year. What more could the Dumbass GM say to Giroux that has not already been said. Does he think Giroux will wake up and have and epiphany? If you want to avoid these situations don't give out NMC's. Eight years ago if he would not sign without a NMC then you trade him then. The 7-8 year contract with a NMC will kill a team....

I’m all for calling Cuck a dumb ass, but the NMC was not his doing.

Reactions: Breeze 44

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I can't imagine Colorado parting with a better piece than Samoskevich, so if Giroux prefers Florida, that's where he should be going.

Here's the thing though, Chuck Fletcher is a f***ing raging moron. He probably covets a piece from Colorado that is inferior to Samoskevich in every way.
Well, Ranta did play at Minnesota.....:sarcasm:

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don't understand what grinding away at a deal even is supposed to look like. Is there something beyond the negotiation of which pieces, how much salary, and conditions on picks? How much work could that possibly entail?
All the above… and making sure all the moving pieces fit into their cap too. Seems simple from the outside but there’s a lot of finer details and paper work.

I am sure they haven’t exactly agreed on the trade. Probably still going back and forth on picks/players/prospects.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
All the above… and making sure all the moving pieces fit into their cap too. Seems simple from the outside but there’s a lot of finer details and paper work.

I am sure they haven’t exactly agreed on the trade. Probably still going back and forth on picks/players/prospects.
But I'm asking what the finer details and paper work are.
It takes minutes to say...
"We'll give Tippett and a 1st, but top 10 protected"
"We want it unprotected"
"No"
"Then add a 4th"
"How bout a 5th"

and so on.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't understand what grinding away at a deal even is supposed to look like. Is there something beyond the negotiation of which pieces, how much salary, and conditions on picks? How much work could that possibly entail?
Giroux supposedly hasn't ruled out Colorado. They're just trying to do Florida because that's what he wants. Just waiting for someone to blink.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
That's because he's 34 and still an elite player. If they could get the right number I'd be over the moon to hear he signed an 8 year deal.
Most flyers fans are disappointed if not disgusted at that return for a franchise icon

And for that i throw away, next 10 year of concistent good Hockey??
Barkov and Huberdeau stay here as most of the other Players, from now own its find the right pieces and get them together.
Thats how Boston Washington, Rangers, Tampa, pittsburgh stay every year in the PO. Wasnt it for the Boston topline and Elite Player how should cover them.

Yes now we have great chances like Carolina, goes the team they gathered together and played together have the best time. And then what then, everyone else stay here so we have at lowest 3-5 more Years. Where you can awaite or hope for concistent PO Years.
That what this Franchise needed. When you throw now every single Prospect out for a single 2 Year window.
I dont would do this for a single i want a Cup Player. Where you dont know if he stays or go afterwards.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Giroux preferring Florida is not the same as Giroux only wanting Florida.
99% chance he would waive for Colorado if asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fight4yourRight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: