Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Rumour by Avs writer?

You’re not going to get that
As per the replied post. I think it could happen. Why the +2nd is what makes me think that. If it’s a no go for those two alone what is that +2nd for. Makes me think it’s possible to take those two and maybe create almost an entire nice middle six line from this trade.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I don't know why Giroux wouldn't want to play on a line with Pastrnak & Hall. He would get way more playtime compared to Florida or Colorado, unless he really wants 3rd line duties.

Reactions: TheKingPin

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I don't know why Giroux wouldn't want to play on a line with Pastrnak & Hall. He would get way more playtime compared to Florida or Colorado, unless he really wants 3rd line duties.
If giroux comes to Colorado he won’t have to worry about ice time. They could put mikko with kadri and giroux with Mack. Project problem I’ve time solved

Reactions: JRichard

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Unless he really wants 3rd line duties???? I get you dont like G might have said no to the Bruins but man this was a bad take.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
If Giroux comes to Florida, Mamin will be pushed out of the top 6. Because Hubey, Bennett, and Duclair have great chemistry, he would most likely play with Barkov and Hags.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Colorado should be

Giroux Mack Rantenan
Landy Kadri Bura
Nichuskin (hole 1) Newhook
LOC Sturm Helm/NAK

If Bednar put Giroux on line 3 he is kinda dumb. Line 2 I could see

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you are selling Giroux he’s in the sellers market. Hagel only helped or position. Who knows what that tweet means with Fletch

If there’s 1-2 teams Girouxs accepts to Hagel trade nothing.

+ Hagel is 23y, signed to an extremely cheap cap hit

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If there’s 1-2 teams Girouxs accepts to Hagel trade nothing.

+ Hagel is 23y, signed to an extremely cheap cap hit
Weeks seems connected and literally posted that is why they increased it. Flyers old writer apparently said the 2nd is the only hold up ironically.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Colorado should be

Giroux Mack Rantenan
Landy Kadri Bura
Nichuskin (hole 1) Newhook
LOC Sturm Helm/NAK

If Bednar put Giroux on line 3 he is kinda dumb. Line 2 I could see
I disagree 1 I like having Landy or nuke on one of the lines plus as I read it giroux likes the right side

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
If Giroux comes to Florida, Mamin will be pushed out of the top 6. Because Hubey, Bennett, and Duclair have great chemistry, he would most likely play with Barkov and Hags.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Giroux preferring Florida is not the same as Giroux only wanting Florida.
99% chance he would waive for Colorado if asked.

that is indeed how a reasonable person would read this. I highly doubt G is at a point where it’s Florida or bust. That it is his preference. Flyers are trying to accommodate that with a trade there. But it won’t be for Tippett and a 5th rounder which a lot of Florida fans seemingly think it’ll be. If it becomes apparent that is all they will offer and won’t budge, Chuck won’t have a choice but to ask G for his second preferred choice, which appears to be Colorado.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
He wants a better chance at a cup rather then lots of ice time? He may not think Boston will go far.
Also with Boston picking up Lindholm they might be out of cap space and/or tradable assets to land Giroux.

(Future readers, this was posted when the trade broke, but not what the details were)

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Or maybe he doesn't want to join Boston/NYR as both belong among main Flyers rivals (of course not necessarily now but in the past). It would make sense to go and chase the Cup with more "neutral" team from Giroux's standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln