Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Colorado fans right now

Whats-App-Image-2022-03-10-at-4-01-08-PM.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting to see what the return would be if Giroux truly is stuck on one team.

Does seem a little odd that this was leaked though. This isn't Taylor Hall that didn't have an extensive history with Buffalo.

If leaked by the agent I wonder if Philly really even cares now about his 1000 games

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Makes sense. Most players would probably prefer Florida. Besides being a power house this season, the location and weather makes it pretty desirable.

Reactions: Nihiliste

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Dude has an NMC. If he decides on Florida then Philly will be getting the Taylor Hall special (a 2nd).

Disagree. I think the Flyers hold onto him if they don't get a significant return.

And I think the teams that are seriously interested him would rather have him than play hardball and risk a competitor getting him instead.

Reactions: TML1990

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Tippett + 2023 1st for Giroux @50% ?

Does Florida need to add?

No way FLA is adding more than that, especially if Giroux has tied PHI hand's by requesting to go to FLA and not elsewhere. Unless FLA wants to extend Giroux and can do so in a way that works well with their cap. Otherwise that's a fair price for a rental, even one as good as Giroux.

Only possible thing that could be fair to add is conditional pick (2nd or 3rd rounder) if FLA wins the Cup and Giroux plays in at least 50% of the games (aka isn't injured).

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lindholm or Chychrun would be a better move to help FLA strengthen their chance of winning. The alternate approach is to try to outscore your problems, and Giroux helps with that.
Sanheim is reportedly also be available, I’m sure Zito is working on adding him as well if he can. No idea if it’s possible, but I think he’s still looking to improve the blue line while adding a guy who’s a monster in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille