Giroux vs Pettersson (This year only)

More points this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
If you told me Giroux would finish 4th on his own team in scoring this year, I would not have believed you. Not trolling, just a legit comment. Scoring is up around the league too.

Hopefully he can bounce back next season.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If you told me Giroux would finish 4th on his own team in scoring this year, I would not have believed you. Not trolling, just a legit comment. Scoring is up around the league too.

Doesn't bother us too much -- he's still one of the best on the ice every night

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boy there were some hot takes in this thread!
This one may be my favourite:

Critical91
EP is unfortunately going to face a lot of criticism this year when he doesn’t live over to last years hype.
G, the most underrated player of the last decade, will out score him by 20 points.“

Lol!​

Reactions: bh53

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Weird year for Giroux. The underlying numbers suggest he was still playing great, the pucks just weren't going in.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Critical91
EP is unfortunately going to face a lot of criticism this year when he doesn’t live over to last years hype.
G, the most underrated player of the last decade, will out score him by 20 points.“

Lol!​
Sad that you have to be attacked for having a different opinion from others or being wrong in HF. He got wrong from EP not living the last years hype but even a Nucks fan in this thread thought he would regress. I think he's right on Giroux though being one of the most underrated player of the last decade same as Backstrom. I could've seen Giroux outproducing him by 20 points before the season started where Giroux would produce something around 90pts and EP something around 70 of course it didn't happen but could've.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sad that you have to be attacked for having a different opinion from others or being wrong in HF. He got wrong from EP not living the last years hype but even a Nucks fan in this thread thought he would regress. I think he's right on Giroux though being one of the most underrated player of the last decade same as Backstrom. I could've seen Giroux outproducing him by 20 points before the season started where Giroux would produce something around 90pts and EP something around 70 of course it didn't happen but could've.
He has a history of flaming Canuck players.
I don’t think his projection of Giroux getting 90 points was over the top nor do I think picking Giroux was a bad choice here. But his comments about EP regressing were consistent with his comments on every Canuck player.
I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Critical91

Lol!​

I bet you've never had a hot take.

Glass houses and all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad