Giroux vs Pettersson (This year only)

More points this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hubnester

Nov 8, 2019
Gloating 20 games into the season? You may want to hedge your bets a little, there's still 60 games to play.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Giroux gets 80-85 points.

Pettersson doesn't crack 50 points.
I miss that other Leaf fan that had an even bigger inferiority complex. He was more creative than this poor effort. Holymakinaw or whatever, cant even @ him it doesnt work whered he go :(

Reactions: bh53 and Star Ocean

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In the past 4 seasons Giroux hit below 70 points twice. Not sure why thats his floor.

So you came into a thread to correct a subjective 70 point floor for Giroux because you think it should be in the 60's but you didn't correct my 60 point floor on EP when you think it's in the 50s? Yet you had no agenda?

Also, the claim of Giroux being inconsistent is one of the funnier things I've seen on HF. He's been one of the most consistent scorers of the last decade.

Here are his point scoring finishes going back to 2010-2011.
11th, 3rd, 13th, 3rd, 10th, 19th, 46th, 2nd, 19th

He's finished between 2nd and 19th in scoring every year but once this decade yet you want to write off his 2nd place finish 2 years ago as an outlier but not the 46th place finish 3 years ago. Very reasonable of you.

A huge part of the reason why I said Giroux's floor is 70 points is because scoring has dramatically increased the past 2 seasons and I see no reason to think it's going to instantly revert back to 2015 scoring levels. 70 points last season would have ranked 51st in the NHL which is lower than he's finished this decade but that's unreasonable? Even if scoring is closer to 2018 that would have ranked him 34th which is well below all but one season. If Giroux scores fewer than 70 points this season it's going to be a disaster of a year for the Flyers.

I'm sticking with 70-100 points for Giroux and I think he'll probably finish in the mid 80s.

So halfway into the season and Giroux is on pace for 60 points. Guess i was right to call you out for insisting that his floor is 70 points.

Meanwhile EP pacing for 88 points.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Giroux will put up 95-100
EP will put up 60-70

This poll being made is a disrespect to Giroux.

In your world it’s a disrespect that teams even play against the Flyers. :laugh: The Flyers should just automatically be handed wins against everybody because all their players are definitely so much better.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I mean it's a funny thread n' all.. but never like the gloating bump before all is said and done... Just asking for karma to hit...

But I look forward to next year's Horvat v Giroux thead.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Lol it's amazing how much of people's self worth can be wrapped up whether or not people think their favorite player is good. Do you think Pettersson even cares if people think he's better than Giroux?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Petterson seems to have this one wrapped up.

Don't get your feelings hurt, Giroux fans -- it's just points. I'd take Giroux for a season over Pettersson as a whole player still, so take that W and move on I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad