Giroux vs Pettersson (This year only)

More points this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Canucks fan saying Claude Giroux. Elias Pettersson will see regression in his goals total due to an unsustainable shooting percentage. It could balances out if the PP produces and if he overrides his dominant passing mindset and shoot more but nobody can gauratee those factors to happen.

Last edited:

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
Canucks fan saying Claude Giroux. Elias Pettersson will see regression in his goals total due to an unsustainable shooting percentage. It could balances out if the PP produces and if he overrides his playmaking mindset and shoot more but nobody can gauratee those factors to happen.
So you think Pettersson will score less than last year?

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
So you think Pettersson will score less than last year?
If those two variables I mentioned doesn't happen then yes. If it does then he can score around as last season or slightly more. The regression is more likely quite considering high shooting percentage and acting on instinct to always pass is quite difficult to overcome. However to be honest with you Im not sure how much he'll score in a full 82 games season. There is so many factors to consider like shooting percentage regression, power play performance whether it improves by a lot, slightly or it stays bottom 5 again, how will the new addition affect production, will scoring drop from last season, injuries. I find it really difficult to predict Pettersson production as the season approach (goal scoring especially). I went with Giroux because he is a far safer bet to produce at a ppg rate and currently the better player. My answer to your question is I'm not sure but I won't be surprise if he scores less than last season and the signs of regression should be taken in consideration. It's a question I go back and fourth on because of so many factors involve. One day I'll say he will regress in scoring due to regression signs and another day say that he'll repeat his rookie season numbers with factors I discussed balancing out his total productions.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
If those two variables I mentioned doesn't happen then yes. If it does then he can score around as last season or slightly more. The regression is more likely quite considering high shooting percentage and acting on instinct to always pass is quite difficult to overcome. However to be honest with you Im not sure how much he'll score in a full 82 games season. There is so many factors to consider like shooting percentage regression, power play performance whether it improves by a lot, slightly or it stays bottom 5 again, how will the new addition affect production, will scoring drop from last season, injuries. I find it really difficult to predict Pettersson production as the season approach (goal scoring especially). I went with Giroux because he is a far safer bet to produce at a ppg rate and currently the better player. My answer to your question is I'm not sure but I won't be surprise if he scores less than last season and the signs of regression should be taken in consideration. It's a question I go back and fourth on because of so many factors involve. One day I'll say he will regress in scoring due to regression signs and another day say that he'll repeat his rookie season numbers with factors I discussed balancing out his total productions.
Thanks for your info! The poll is actually way closer than I thought and it doesn’t help me. I received the trade in my fantasy 1 on 1 (I got Pettersson right now) and I don’t know if I should accept lol tough decision..

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyBoeser

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Thanks for you info! The poll is actually way closer than I thought and it doesn’t help me. I received the trade in my fantasy 1 on 1 (I got Pettersson right now) and I don’t know if I should accept lol tough decision..
No problem! If I was you I would do the trade since Giroux is a safer bet and doesn't have signs of regression production wise like Pettersson. Good luck with your fantasy team!

Reactions: SnizzMitch

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
As a Canucks and Flyers fan pretty easily Giroux in every facet (except maybe goal scoring) if we’re only accouting for this year

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Giroux gets 80-85 points.

Pettersson doesn't crack 50 points.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Giroux will easily be better than Pettersson for next season I think next season Pettersson puts up similar points to Giroux

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the Flyers powerplay bounces back this season, Giroux will be over 90 points and possibly push 100 again. His ES production the last 2 seasons was nearly identical.

102 points in 17-18 (66 at ES)
85 points in 18-19 (61 at ES)

Pettersson is not on his level yet.

Last edited:

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I don't see EP progressing that much. He'll have to deal with teams adapting to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad