OT: Get to know your fellow CBJ fans

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's been four years as far as I can tell since we had one of these. Lots of new posters since then, so figured maybe it's time for a reset (you know, like, supposedly, this offseason). Feel free to use the template as you see fit.

(Real) Name: Jim
Age you act: 47
Sex: M
Birthplace: Pittsburgh, PA
Where you live: Ostrander, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: You know. The guy. With the shirt.
Nationality: German/British Isles/Native American
Mode of Transportation: Ford F150
Job: media hack, church musician
College Attended/Attending: Otterbein College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan introduced to the game by my dad, a one-time Pittsburgh Hornets season ticket holder - made decision to bump Pens off the pedestal when CBJ joined the NHL
Favorite Jackets Player: thinking it's going to be Foligno, but withholding judgment
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Manny Malhotra among ex-Jackets - Kris Letang, Ryan Suter
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none for me - XHCSA tossed my daughter a puck that had come out of play into the bench
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, Pens, Chill, Leafs #29 Potvin

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): Mario Kart
Music/Bands You Like: Fave "new" artists from last 10 years = Needtobreathe, The Gaslight Anthem, Jeff Black, Coheed & Cambria, Mae,
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack, Holy Grail
Favorite TV Show: Barney Miller
Favorite Food: surf & turf with a nice British stout
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: my Twitter is for work so it's pretty calm (can use all the followers I can get, though! - PM me for handle)

Anything Else: I don't always post on internet message forums, but when I do, it's on HFBoards

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
(Real) Name: Curtis Deem (I post in full because you can follow my scouting reports easier)
Age you act: 15 :laugh:
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Spokane, WA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Beanpole
Nationality: Irish/General mutt
Mode of Transportation: Ford Escape
Job: Electrical supply chain - starting next week.
College Attended/Attending: Spokane Community College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Growing up in Columbus made me a HUGE Chill fan, also loved the Penguins until the Jackets came along. Moving to Spokane made me a huge junior hockey fan also.
Favorite Jackets Player: Ryan Murray
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Dustin Brown, Dylan McIlrath, Jared Cowen
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Has to be my Blue Jackets license plate cover. Surely, the only one in Washington state :laugh:
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Spokane Chiefs jersey signed by entire team, Penguins authentic replica, various knockoff team practice jerseys for actually playing hockey in. Still don't have a Jackets jersey yet.

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, XBox 360
Favorite Game(s): CoD Modern Warfare 2, Saint's Row the Third, any NHL games
Music/Bands You Like: 90s Alternative (3rd Eye Blind, so many others I can't name them all); classic rock (Cream, Pink Floyd, etc)
Favorite Movie(s): Forrest Gump, Inglorious Basterds, Snatch, Office Space ... too many to list really.
Favorite TV Show: Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights
Favorite Food: Any kind of steak as long as it's made by either myself or my father in law.

Quote:
I would rather have the Germans in front of me than the French behind me
(Patton)

Anything Else: I relocated to Spokane in 2003 to be with my then-girlfriend, now wife. I began attending Spokane Chiefs games right away and have since delved into the world of amateur scouting. I have two daughters (3 year old, 5 month old). I don't do Twitter but you can follow my rantings on Facebook ;)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Great idea to resurrect this.

(Real) Name: John
Age you act: 25
Where you live: Galloway, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: the bad haircut
Nationality: American
Mode of Transportation: Ford Taurus
Job: IT Director
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State, '95
Something about you no one would guess: I was in the OSU Marching Band for 5 years, played Solo Trumpet and E-Flat Soprano Cornet

How you became a Jackets' fan: First started getting into hockey watching the 92 Olympics at the "All-in-One" between classes at OSU. Went to a few Chill and OSU games, watched lots of hockey on ESPN. Became a huge Patrick Roy fan and by extension, an Avs fan. When Columbus was awarded a team, I was stoked, but didn't really become a true Columbus fan until probably the 03-04 season. The new logos, Nash...it finally seemed like an NHL team. We bought PSLs in 2008 and haven't looked back.
Favorite Jackets Player: Brandon Dubinsky / Cam Atkinson
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Henrik Lundqvist / Cam Ward / Joe Thornton
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Inaugural season Tugnutt game worn jersey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: I have a problem: too many jerseys

Video Game Systems Owned: PS4, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Pretty much any Call of Duty game / NCAA Football series
Music/Bands You Like: I like a little of everything. rock, hip hop, rap, hair metal, classical, musicals, soundtracks - whatever
Favorite Movie(s): Jaws, Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, Blazing Saddles and while not a favorite, the best, most well made film I've seen remains "Schindler's List"
Favorite TV Show: Deadwood
Favorite Food: fresh Maryland crab / Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: hard to name one. @WonkaTweets @notbryzgoalie30 and @RockmanHalo are good for a laugh almost every day (for the latter, any in-game Indians game tweets are hilarious). Really like the even handed analysis / fandom of @JeffLittle_10MM, @DarkBlueJacket @RickGethin @AlisonL @CBJreddit and @frickindannie. So many more, but these are the folks that stick out on a daily basis.

Anything Else: I like turtles

Last edited:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
(Real) Name: Don
Birthplace: Steubenville, OH
Where you live: Clintonville (part of Columbus)
Nationality: Italian
Mode of Transportation: A couple of BMWs and an Audi
Job: blissfully retired
College Attended/Attending: Miami U, graduated from OSU
How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey and Pittsburgh Hornets fan, thus my board name, and became a Jackets as soon as the NHL came to my town
Favorite Jackets Player: position is currently open
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Rick Nash
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original and an Italian Olympic
Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s): None
Music/Bands You Like: too many to mention, I listen to the Underground Garage on satellite
Favorite Movie(s): Fred and Ginger
Favorite TV Show: currently, Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers
Favorite Food: too much of everything - Italian, French, Asian, Greek, Middle Eastern, you get the idea
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I don't tweet or text
Anything Else: I enjoy the interaction of folks on HF and spend much to much time fooling around on here!

megashock5

Jan 17, 2007
Powell, OH
(Real) Name: Mike
Age you act: 8
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Where you live: Powell, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Tyler Wright hair (translation: not much)
Mode of Transportation: Honda
Job: graphic designer
College Attended/Attending: Columbus College of Art & Design

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up as a Blues fan living in the suburbs of Columbus, pretty hard to follow before the internet. Never dreamed Columbus would get an NHL franchise, and I don't take it for granted. Finished my basement so I could dedicate an entire room to the team.

Favorite Jackets Player: All time =Tyler Wright. Current=JMFJ now that Jake and Nasher are gone
Favorite NON Jackets Player: All time = Sergei Fedorov in his prime. Current = Claude Giroux
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): 'March to the Playoffs' banner from the outside of Nationwide Arena
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
CBJ original white 28 Tyler Wright
CBJ original 3rd jersey plain
CBJ RBK edge jersey white 61 Nash
CBJ current 3rd jersey 93 Voracek
96 Blues white 16 Hull
96 Blues blue plain

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, 360, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, NES, DS, PSP, Game Gear
Favorite Game(s): Mario, Zelda, WipEout, Tetris, Sonic (16bit)
Music/Bands You Like: Nine Inch Nails, New Order, Bloc Party, Muse, Pop Will Eat Itself, Public Enemy
Favorite Movie(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Batman Begins, Superman (78), Iron Man, Avengers, Major League, Miracle
Favorite TV Show: 70s & 80s sitcoms, Chuck, the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica, Tron Uprising, Arrested Development
Favorite Food: Teppanyaki, Wings, Italian, Mexican
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: The only time I ever even look at Twitter is free agency/trade deadline days.

Anything Else: If Mason isn't off this team soon, you'll all have to visit me in a padded room

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
(Real) Name: Kenny
Age you act: 20ish
Birthplace: Westerville, OH :
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: uhh... :help:
Nationality: American with a sprinkle of Italian
Mode of Transportation: Kia Spectra5
Job: Customer Service for hydraulic company
College Attended/Attending: Business Management, CSCC

How you became a Jackets' fan: Love hockey. Grew up watching the Flyers, Ducks, and Penguins... once Columbus got a team I had to support the local team. Got season tickets with my dad, day 1, and have loved it/them since.
Favorite Jackets Player: JMFJ, Wiz, Prospal, Umby, Dorsett
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Currently??? Probably Giroux. The kid's awesome.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My original CBJ jersey, autographed by many former CBJ players.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original white (many autographs thru the years), CBJ original Blue, original 3rd "tied and true" jersey, new/current CBJ blue sweater (personalized to my name/number when I played), current 3rd jersey, then I have my former collection consisting of a white/purple "Mighty" ducks jersey, old school Pens jersey with diagonal name across front, and a white Flyers jersey.

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, PC, Gamecube, N64, PS2
Favorite Game(s): NHL Hitz, Halo, NBA Jam, Mario Party, League of Legends, Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, etc, etc, etc...
Music/Bands You Like: There is pretty much nothing I don't like.
Favorite Movie(s): Role Models... I like comedies, comic book movies, a little bit of everything other than gore/horror... not a fan.
Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory, Arrested Development
Favorite Food: Banzai Burger from Red Robins
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I mainly just use Twitter for hockey updates... otherwise, shout out to @DarkBlueJacket !!! , love the blog.

Quote: "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anything Else: I, too, like turtles. ;)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
(Real) Name: Tom
Age you act: my wife says 12, my kids say 85
Birthplace: Ft Wayne, IN
Where you live: Reynoldsburg, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Eye patch...j/k, I'm very plain looking.
Nationality: German/French/Welsh - Northern Euro Mut
Mode of Transportation: Toy-Sienna
Job: Predictive Modeling
College Attended/Attending: OSU/Keller Grad School
How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up watching Ft Wayne Komets hockey, then came to OSU and became a Buckeye and Chill fan. Naturally I latched on to the CBJ from the inception.
Favorite Jackets Player: Vyborny for all time, Current would be Dorsett, looking forward to Dubinsky and Foligno.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Malhotra, Chimera, Iginla, Sullivan
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Autographed team penant, framed on our wall.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: multiple CBJ's, Dallas-Belfour, Nash-Western AllStar
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3 - PC
Favorite Game(s): CIV IV on the PC
Music/Bands You Like: newer stuff= MGMT, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, older stuff = Pixies
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR trilogy, Usual Suspects, 13th Warrior, Conan
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favorite Food: steak

Anything Else: I enjoy coaching youth soccer, and watching my kids hopefully improve. Any tips for U10/11 would be appreciated, PM me.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
(Real) Name: Kenny
Favorite Game(s): NHL Hitz, Halo, NBA Jam, Mario Party, League of Legends, Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, etc, etc, etc...

;)

I've actually banked vacation days for the GW2 release in 2 weeks.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
(Real) Name: Scott
Age you act: I range all over the place. So, I will just say 17
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My hair
Nationality: German/Greek
Mode of Transportation: Getting a new one. Pontiac Grand Prix
Job: None
College Attended/Attending: Not Committed

How you became a Jackets' fan: Dad came home one day when I was young and won tickets from his work. He took me, my mom, and sister to the game. The two girls were bored to death, but I was hooked.
Favorite Jackets Player: Probably Rick Nash
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Zach Parise, Marcus Johansson, John Carlson, Steven Stamkos, Evgeni Malkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Puck Rick Nash threw over the glass to me, met him at an event so he could sign it.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old CBJ Home, Old CBJ away, CBJ Home (Brassard), CBJ Away (Zherdev), 3rd Jersey (Brassard)

Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): NHL series, Madden series, Saints Row 2-3, NBA 2k12, Grand Theft Auto

Favorite Movie(s): Friday Night Lights, Miracle, 21 Jump Street, Hangover
Favorite TV Show: The Office (Old office. With Steve Carrell.)
Favorite Food: Chicken Parmesan
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Nobody, just follow people from my school, and some CBJ players, and then there's Aportzline and McKenzie.
Music/Bands You Like: None really, I like a whole range of music but have no favorites.
Anything Else: High School starting QB, I actually found HF on accident and my first post was linking people to Martin Havlat coming to town, my source? Eklund. You guys destroyed me that day. :laugh: But it was all good and I have learned since.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
(Real) Name: Charles
Age you act: 50
Birthplace: Chillicothe, OH
Where you live: North West Pickaway County, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Always wearing a ball cap (CBJ or Reds as of late)
Mode of Transportation: Pontiac G8 GT
Job: Financial Services Analyst
College Attended/Attending: DeVry University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to the first Jackets Wings game at Nationwide Arena on 10/22/00 with a group from college. The Wings had the lead most of the game, but the Jackets tied it up late to send it to overtime. The energy that was in the arena after that goal was very addicting and after that I starting going to every game I could and became a STH 2 years later.
Favorite Jackets Player: Currently none, but Tyutin is close.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I have a place in my hart for almost all ex Jackets and nothing but hate for anyone else on the other 29 teams.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Blue Jackets game worn jersey collection
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: https://picasaweb.google.com/112286647907189702857/BlueJacketsGameWornAndIssuedJerseys

Favorite Game(s): Currently playing The Walking Dead Game Series
Music/Bands You Like: Metallica, AC DC, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Smashing Pumpkins
Favorite Movie(s): Rocky, The Matrix, Reservoir Dogs
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead
Favorite Food: Almost any type of Pizza
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @JimNorton

Anything Else: I have really gotten into reading Graphic Novels this summer. I also play a ton of Softball and will be heading down to Florida next month to play in the USSSA Softball World Tournament.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
(Real) Name: Steve
Age you act: 71
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Blonde, Brandon Dubinsky-esque combed hair, thin as a rail, red beard – Abe Lincoln style.
Nationality: German/Czech and a whole bunch of other stuff
Mode of Transportation: '97 Honda CRV
Job: Server
College Attended/Attending: St. Louis University, CSCC

How you became a Jackets' fan: I've been skating since I was 4, so I always liked hockey but was devoted to soccer my whole life. I was only 9 or 10 when I first heard about the team, didn't watch much from the inaugural season, but my Dad took me to a few games in year 2 and I was hooked. Ray Whitney became my hero.
Favorite Jackets Player: Ryan Murray, JJ
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jonathan Toews
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Not many souvenirs per se, aside from the odd hat or random item that might have a signature on it, but I have a big photo of Nash in the old third jersey that's framed and autographed.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Original Ray Whitney autographed, old third Rick Nash autographed.

Video Game Systems Owned: 360
Favorite Game(s): FIFA, NHL, Skate
Music/Bands You Like: The Black Keys, Flaming Lips, The Beatles, Zeppelin, Jack White, Modest Mouse, Fleet Foxes, plus way too many others to name.
Favorite Movie(s): Anchorman, Dumb & Dumber, A Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, too many to even think of.
Favorite TV Show: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, South Park, Workaholics
Favorite Food: If I can get my hands on some good seafood, that **** makes me weak at the knees. Love me some clams, scallops, mussels, crab, lobster...
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: nyet

Anything Else: If you want to have some far-out conversation that goes beyond hockey, I'm your guy. I'm pretty young still, but I hate people my age. I get along great with older people, because man, I've seen some ****. Some real ****. I also play bass guitar in a band around Columbus, doing exactly what I want to do with my life. Feels pretty good :)

Last edited:

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
(Real) Name: Zach
Age you act: Depends
Sex: Male
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
Where you live: Upper Arlington, Ohio, but I go to school in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Blue Eyes
Nationality: Ukrainian Ashkenazim, part German and English
Mode of Transportation: A range rover, but usually on foot
Job: None currently
College Attended/Attending: University of Mary Washington Class of 2015, studying International Relations, Pre-Law, and Vocal Music.

How you became a Jackets' fan: My girlfriend has been a Jackets fan since the first year of the team. She took me to a game, and within the first two minutes Jared Boll beat the living hell out of some guy. Since that moment, I was hooked.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jared Boll
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Rick Nash or Milan Lucic
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): A
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: One Jared Boll third jersey, one white practice-worn training camp jersey, and a kid sized Cincinnati Mighty Ducks jersey I've had for years

Video Game Systems Owned: XBox, Xbox 360, DS, GBA, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Smash Brothers, NHL games, Fight Night, Super Mario World, Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, Old Carmen Sandiego games, etc.
Music/Bands You Like: Personally, I love musical theater and opera more than anything else, but a close second is most kinds of rock. Stephen Sondheim, Vincenzo Bellini, and Heart are probably my current favorites of each type.
Favorite Movie(s): My Cousin Vinny, Star Wars (Including the prequels), A Clockwork Orange, Brazil, Borat, Casablanca, West Side Story, Dr. Strangelove.
Favorite TV Show: MST3K, South Park, the Simpsons, Flying Circus, Mock the Week, Daily Show, 24/7.
Favorite Food: Ice cream and sushi.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Probably Snape, always gets a laugh out of me.
Anything Else: No clue.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
(Real) Name: Charles
Age you act: 50
Birthplace: Chillicothe, OH
Where you live: North West Pickaway County, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Always wearing a ball cap (CBJ or Reds as of late)
Mode of Transportation: Pontiac G8 GT
Job: Financial Services Analyst
College Attended/Attending: DeVry University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to the first Jackets Wings game at Nationwide Arena on 10/22/00 with a group from college. The Wings had the lead most of the game, but the Jackets tied it up late to send it to overtime. The energy that was in the arena after that goal was very addicting and after that I starting going to every game I could and became a STH 2 years later.
Favorite Jackets Player: Currently none, but Tyutin is close.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I have a place in my hart for almost all ex Jackets and nothing but hate for anyone else on the other 29 teams.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Blue Jackets game worn jersey collection
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: https://picasaweb.google.com/112286647907189702857/BlueJacketsGameWornAndIssuedJerseys

Favorite Game(s): Currently playing The Walking Dead Game Series
Music/Bands You Like: Metallica, AC DC, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Smashing Pumpkins
Favorite Movie(s): Rocky, The Matrix, Reservoir Dogs
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead
Favorite Food: Almost any type of Pizza
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @JimNorton

Anything Else: I have really gotten into reading Graphic Novels this summer. I also play a ton of Softball and will be heading down to Florida next month to play in the USSSA Softball World Tournament.

I was at that Wings game. Epic. I got hooked on hockey because of a 1994 Chill game vs. Hampton Roads that went similarly. Also, love The Walking Dead, forgot to mention it.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I was at that Wings game. Epic. I got hooked on hockey because of a 1994 Chill game vs. Hampton Roads that went similarly. Also, love The Walking Dead, forgot to mention it.

Do you remember MVP skating during one of the intermissions? After all these years and hundreds of games that is still the best intermission entertainment I have ever seen at Nationwide Arena.

file9722.jpg

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
"Can anything good come out of Ostrander or Galloway?"

Neil
Born & raised in Cbus
OSU Class of '981
Software development
Now residing in lovely Sarasota Florida (not retired, dammit)
Grew up on CCMs, played backyard pond hockey as a kid when it was cold enough.
Day 1 fan, and former STH.
Wii and Xbox
Jeep 4x4
Long walks on the beach and flaming Robert.
Ocean kayaking.
Slurpees
Jack Johnson, both the player and his music.
Foote was pushed out.
The Colbert Repor

hip check

Go North.
Jan 21, 2010
(Real) Name: Dan
Age you act:
Birthplace: Fort Wayne, IN
Where you live: Dayton, OH soon to be Fairbanks AK
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic:
Nationality: Somewhere on the German-Danish border, somewhere from the British Isles
Mode of Transportation: Subaru Forester
Job: Military
College Attended/Attending:

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up in Indiana where I had my choice of the Hawks or Wings. Couldn't get into either. When Columbus received a team, it was a perfect fit for me.
Favorite Jackets Player: Wisniewski and Umberger
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Always been a fan of Joe Thornton
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir):
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Umberger, Away

Video Game Systems Owned: NES, Super, 64, Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): Gears of War, Skyrim
Music/Bands You Like: Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machine
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Community, Parks and Recreation, South Park
Favorite Food: Mexican, bar food
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Rob Delaney

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
(Real) Name: Tom
Age you act: 57
Birthplace: Norwalk, OH
Where you live
: Brunswick, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: :dunno: I wear glasses
Nationality: French Canadian, German
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Prius
Job: Java application server administrator
College Attended/Attending: University of Dayton, Kent State, Stark State, Franklin University. (someday I'll graduate)

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up a Wings fan during the Dead Wings era listening to games on WJR. Became frustrated with the many donkey-headcoverings that emerged when the team started winning cups. Quit following hockey, moved to California, designed a few video games, moved back, and Ohio had its own team.
Favorite Jackets Player: Vinny, his goal celebrations work the best in videos.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pekka Rinne (Stockholm Syndrome I guess)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I have a lot of random things. A stack of "Cannon Debuts Tonight" flyers, a couple dozen "March On" flags from Game 4. My bathroom reading material is pretty much all old programs, in case you want to read about Freddy Norrena while you take care of business.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Parents used to go to Korea on business and worked down the street from a CCM factory. Have one from just about every team plus a bunch of international jerseys. Sadly they only make bad knockoffs now.

Video Game Systems Owned: Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Star Raiders, Kennedy Approach, Hardball, Lode Runner, Zork, Scram, Master of Orion, DnD Gold Box games, Quest for Glory Series, Railroad Tycoon, Civilization, Wing Commander I-III + Privateer, Aces High, Icewind Dale, NHL series, Tachyon, Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future (shameless plug), Team Fortress, CounterStrike, Orcs Must Die
Music/Bands You Like: 40's swing, 50's Rock, 60's Surf Pop, 70's Rock and Disco, 80's New Wave, 90's German Techno, 00's nerdcore rap
Favorite Movie(s): I watch a lot of movies, but rarely more than once, so it's hard to have "favorites" though I did enjoy Goon recently.
Favorite TV Show: It seems like every show I enjoy gets cancelled in the first season, so don't watch much TV.
Favorite Food: Though I usually enjoy cooking, I just don't have time anymore, so my favorite is whatever someone else cooks for me.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Both British Chap-Hop Artist Professor Elemental @prof_elemental and Gold Medalist Bobsledder Steven Holcomb @stevenHolcomb follow my Blue Jackets tweets, so I follow them back. I don't follow all the spambots that follow me, but I've interacted with both on Twitter and both are cool people.

Anything Else: I make some videos: http://www.youtube.com/skraut

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: 37
Where you live: Salt Lake City, UT
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: the guy who is way too intense
Nationality: American (British/German)
Mode of Transportation: Whichever car the wife didn't take
Job: DoD Engineer
College Attended/Attending: Michigan
Something about you no one would guess: I like to cook and I can sew

How you became a Jackets' fan: I've been skating since I was two and grew up in a family where everyone played. Our family was season one PSL holders and so it was just automatic to switch when the hometown finally got a team (former fan of any team with Shanahan)
Favorite Jackets Player: JMFJ (I'll never forget seeing his slapper take Schnieder's mask off in college or his responding to the crowd chanting kill Jack Kill at Yost Ice Arena)
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Brendan Shanahan
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Inaugural season jersey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: seaosn 1 CBJ, Shanahan NJD, Shanahan Hartford, Shanahan Red Wings (see a trend?), and for some reason I have a yotes jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: PC, Wii
Favorite Game(s): lately, Day of Defeat - simply classic
Music/Bands You Like: Prog/Power Metal - Evergrey, Vanden Plas, Redemption (www.progpowerusa.com)
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Usual Suspects, The Exorcist, Dead Snow
Favorite TV Show: Walking Dead, Chopped
Favorite Food: anything fresh farm to table
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: my job isn't high on me having twitter so I don't

Anything Else:
I remember going to an Avs-CBJ game at the Pepsi center in year 2. I was wearing my jersey and the usher was like "oh and who is that a team jersey for." Odelien scored the first goal of that game 5 hole on Roy :P

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
(Real) Name: Maryann
Sex: F
Birthplace: Middletown, OH
Where you live: Currently Los Angeles, CA. Grew up in NW Ohio and also lived outside of Södertälje, Sweden.

Mode of Transportation: GMC Envoy
Job: online marketing by day, writer & martial artist by night
College Attended: OSU

How you became a Jackets' fan: I'm a huge hockey fan and supporter of hockey in Ohio. I grew up as a Quebec Nordiques fan, transitioned to being a Avs fan. As soon as Columbus got a team, I was a fan.

Favorite Jackets Player: Brassard, Atkinson
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Daniel Alfredsson
All-time favorite players: Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
Original CBJ dark (blank), Klesla original home, old CBJ 3rd jersey, CBJ away new jersey (blank), Sundin Nordiques, 1993 Djurgården, Forsberg Avs, various Tre Kronor, Toledo Storm :)yo:), Leafs :)shakehead), OSU. I also have a NJ Rockin' Rollers roller hockey jersey :)help:).

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): Legend of Zelda
Music/Bands You Like: Swedish band Gyllene Tider, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Celtic music.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars OT
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones

NHLeBeau44

Feb 7, 2012
Grove City, Ohio
Been a reader of the boards for a while and what better for a first post...

(Real) Name: Nick
Age you act: Depends on the day
Where you live: Grove City, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Either my beard or mullet
Nationality: French
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai Sonata
Job: Childcare
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Was a huge Devils fan (Scott Stevens was my idol growing up) before the CBJ came to town. Devils continue to be my team but the Jackets are a close 2nd.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jack Johnson, Nikita Nikitin
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Marty Brodeur, Andy Greene, Alex Ovechkin, Rusty Klesla
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): "March On" flag from Game 3. First Playoff Home Game.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Blue "CBJ logo" custom with civil war cap patches, White Edge Brassard, Scott Stevens red, Marty Brodeur red, White Devils blank, Alex Ovechkin rookie jersey black

Video Game Systems Owned: Super Nintendo, DreamCast, Nintendo64, Wii, XBOX360
Favorite Game(s): NHL and Madden series'
Music/Bands You Like: Big fan of country music and Rush
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, Toy Story, Wizard of Oz
Favorite TV Show: Law and Order: SVU
Favorite Food: Mexican, pasta
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Don't really follow anyone too interesting or unusual...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Ok, I'll do one. Finally.

(Real) Name: Doug
Age you act: Depends on my mood.
Birthplace: Newport, RI
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: It can be used to identify me when dead, but otherwise useless. That and Jackass.
Nationality: Our ancestors were kicked out of many countries, on my fathers side, before we finally ended up in America. Mothers side is Lithuanian
Mode of Transportation: Equinox, probably the last GM I will own
Job: IT. Really tired of this industry.
College Attended/Attending: Franklin university, Columbus State. Didn't get a degree.
How you became a Jackets' fan: Columbus got a team, that was enough.
Favorite Jackets Player: Atkinson. Although I don't really get attached to players.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Gaborik
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Don't have many, so an autographed Brass puck would have to be up there. Hockey in general, have an autographed Orr picture.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nothing original, just original home.

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, PS2, 3 - Obviously the computer but that's not a console.
Favorite Game(s): Not sure I have one anymore. Probably FF games.
Music/Bands You Like: Can't really list all of them. I'll listen to Pop, Metal, Country, Jazz, Gospel, Techno. What I despise is Gangsta Rap and what I call "Twang Country". Yes, I'm talking to you Conway Twitty. 60's and on.
Favorite Movie(s): Arlington Road
Favorite TV Show: Changes constantly. Right now, I'm streaming Voyager. Before that I watched the Dead Zone. I have a weakness for teen melodrama. High comedy for me.
Favorite Food: Indian
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: The most interesting person I have found on Twitter thus far would have to be @Life_SizeBarbie. When I saw the handle on a RT, I just had to know what she does day-to-day... And I have not been disappointed. She is now training for half marathon. :p

Anything Else: I suck... But not as much as Dwayne. However, I will share on thing fairly personal. In the last 18 months I have lost 95 pounds. Obesity is a serious problem and doctors are behind the curve. It's amazing how easy it is to get healthy when; 1. You decide to make changes and 2. You do the opposite of conventional wisdom.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
(Real) Name: Jo
Age: Born on All Saints Day in the first year Ronald Reagan was elected President.
Age you act: Early to mid twentysomething. I keep being told I should act my age, but that's no fun.
Sex: F, although the ID still claims otherwise (see warnings below)
Birthplace: Columbus, OH (on the tOSU campus)
Where you live: Upper Arlington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: See warnings below. One of my friends here is consistently (jokingly) trying to get me to sign up as a women's football linebacker.
Nationality: Papa's great hobby is genealogy, so I could be really specific if I wanted. The usual generic answer is 1/5 German Jew, 1/5 other German, 1/5 English, 1/5 Something From That Madness Zone South Of The Baltic (probably Polish or Russian), 1/5 random other. Pretty much the entire family was on this side of the Atlantic before WWI, with a couple folks who've been here since the country's earliest days.
Mode of Transportation: An '04 Buick LeSabre that I love to death.
Job: Between jobs at the moment, but it's generally doing IT stuff.
College Attended/Attending: BGSU.

How you became a Jackets' fan: Listening to George Matthews on CD101 on trips back and forth from Washington Court House. At one point I told the whole story here as an act of defiance towards the contractionists. Never been hooked on anything so quickly in my life.
Favorite Jackets Player: RJ Umberger, still. Although I've also joined in on Camsanity. And I will defend Fedor Tyutin to someone else's dying breath.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Rusty Klesla, Ryan Suter, and, inexplicably, Ty Conklin.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I've got a few gimmicks and such from the Inaugural Season given to my parents and since given to me (Papa worked for Corecomm back when they were sponsoring the Ice Haus) but by and large I don't collect these things.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original.

Video Game Systems Owned: My laptop's got a bunch of emulators on it. I never did get used to all that shimmery three-dee nonsense with the Playstation; you kids just don't appreciate our great gaming history, I tell ya what...
Favorite Game(s): Does tabletop roleplaying count? I'm a big fan of GURPS and Deadlands (the setting, not the system)... :) In between those, however, our groups will gleefully fire up Left 4 Dead.
Music/Bands You Like: A whole hell of a lot of Canadian Indie Rock bands (thanks to a friend who provides me with regular "fixes"), plus bits and pieces of country, classical, chiptune, some progrock, some strange world music, some fusions of all of the above... I'll occasionally listen to Josh Groban, the Decemberists, Anamanaguchi, Dead Can Dance, Arcade Fire, Matisyahu, U2, and Keith Urban all back-to-back with eachother and not really feel like anything unusual is going on until I look back at the playlist and go "huh, that's odd." (And those are just the folks that I can unambiguously name and are Googleable...)
Favorite Movie(s): Rollerball (there's only one version; rumors of a "remake" are greatly exaggerated). Honorable mentions include Twelve Monkeys, The Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride, Munich, and The Fifth Element.
Favorite TV Show: I stopped watching TV (apart from sports) ages ago. I just got tired of every show I enjoyed either getting cancelled or jumping the shark shortly after I found them.
Favorite Food: Pretty much anything involving chicken.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: My twitter feed is very boring. But @DIONPHAN3UF is on there.

Anything Else: I'm one of those weirdos from the Internet that 4chan likes to laugh at. Trannie freak, part-time furry (that's where the handle comes from), teetotaler, and geek. I try to give as good as I get, but it's a challenge. :D

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Job: IT. Really tired of this industry.

SO MUCH THIS!!!!!
Anything Else: I suck... But not as much as Dwayne. However, I will share on thing fairly personal. In the last 18 months I have lost 95 pounds. Obesity is a serious problem and doctors are behind the curve. It's amazing how easy it is to get healthy when; 1. You decide to make changes and 2. You do the opposite of conventional wisdom.
fighting through the same issues at the moment, care to share what you did that was "opposite of the conventional wisdom?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad