Feb 24, 2003
I ain't cousin Basil
Visit site
(Real) Name: John
Age you act: I’ve been told I have the mind of a toddler
Sex: M
Birthplace: Philadelphia , PA
Where you live: Mojave Desert , Ca
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Quintessential Nerd. I have a Tattoo of the structure of a polymer I invented in 1997.
Nationality: Ancestors from Ireland, England and Australia
Mode of Transportation: Honda Fit—first new car for me ever.
Job: Chemistry Professor/Researcher
College Attended/Attending: University of Delaware, BCHE 1984, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, CHE PhD 1989
How you became a Jackets' fan: The day they signed Vinny Prospal
Favorite Jackets Player: Vinny Prospal
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Martin Saint Louis
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none yet. I’ve got a lot of Prospal stuff from years back.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Lots of Prospal Jerseys
Video Game Systems Owned: PC
Favorite Game(s): Neverrest II
Music/Bands You Like: Robin Trower, Al Stewart, Unconditional Life.
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack, Holy Grail, and Galaxy Quest
Favorite TV Show: Three Stooges
Favorite Food: Cream Chipped Beef on Toast and a real Philly Cheese Steak.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: n/a
Anything Else: I got to sing the National Anthem last year in front of Fred Haise, the Apollo 13 Astronaut.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
fighting through the same issues at the moment, care to share what you did that was "opposite of the conventional wisdom?

If I hear "eat whole grains" one more time, I'm going to throw something at the person saying it. The paranoia of eating fat is downright silly. Too much politics coming from the vegetarians, even though you can die of a heart attack being said vegetarian or, worse yet, vegan.

I don't want to derail this topic too much and people are welcome to PM me for full details. But I'll start with a couple of things.

1. Concentrate on liver health, in a lot of ways the most important organ outside of the brain. Certainly for overall health. Dr. Sandra Cabot is a great resource. Paleo is the closest life style change similar to her teachings. As a male you can lose weight and eat 2,500+ calories a day. Without exercising. I lost the first 63 pounds eating full, tasty meals and not exercising a bit. I have purchased one of her books for, at least, 10 people. Where Paleo differs from things like Atkinson's is the quality of food you are putting in your body. I follow something in the middle of the two philosophies (Paleo and Cabot).

2. The "transformation" was when I started Crossfit. You don't need anything that dramatic, but the coach lead sessions are great for motivation. All the exercise are scaled to your performance. Nothing like getting to the point that you can do a hand stand push up or muscle up on the rings. There are very obtainable goals. When I started, I could run about 200 meters. Now I can run a couple of miles, maybe more haven't tried to push it further. When I started Crossfit I was in 42 Jeans (down from 46). Now my 34's are starting to get large. I was in XL's for shirts with a 17.5 inch neck at my peak. Now I am in L's (comfortable) with a 15 inch neck.

My blood pressure was 100/60 with a heart rate of 58 during my last trip to the Red Cross. 19 months ago it was 136/82. All the other vitals that you hear of these days are perfect, things like blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

Yes, I am very passionate about this topic.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If I hear "eat whole grains" one more time, I'm going to throw something at the person saying it. The paranoia of eating fat is downright silly. Too much politics coming from the vegetarians, even though you can die of a heart attack being said vegetarian or, worse yet, vegan.

I don't want to derail this topic too much and people are welcome to PM me for full details. But I'll start with a couple of things.

1. Concentrate on liver health, in a lot of ways the most important organ outside of the brain. Certainly for overall health. Dr. Sandra Cabot is a great resource. Paleo is the closest life style change similar to her teachings. As a male you can lose weight and eat 2,500+ calories a day. Without exercising. I lost the first 63 pounds eating full, tasty meals and not exercising a bit. I have purchased one of her books for, at least, 10 people. Where Paleo differs from things like Atkinson's is the quality of food you are putting in your body. I follow something in the middle of the two philosophies (Paleo and Cabot).

2. The "transformation" was when I started Crossfit. You don't need anything that dramatic, but the coach lead sessions are great for motivation. All the exercise is scaled to your performance.

My blood pressure was 100/60 with a heart rate of 58 during my last trip to the Red Cross. 19 months ago it was 136/82. All the other vitals that you hear of these days are perfect, things like blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

Good for you blahblah! :handclap:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Favorite Movie(s): Rollerball (there's only one version; rumors of a "remake" are greatly exaggerated). Honorable mentions include Twelve Monkeys, The Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride, Munich, and The Fifth Element.

Now that I'm done spewing for the moment, I would like to point out that while I've never seen Rollerball or Munich the rest of those movies are top notch and should be considered included in my list. Especially the Princess Bride which is #2 on my list. The Fifth Element is pretty awesome as well.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
(Real) Name: Robert
Age you act: 61
Birthplace: Batavia, NY
Where you live: Louisville, KY and Lime Lake, NY
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Need Rogaine
Nationality: Scott/Irish and Swedish
Mode of Transportation: Grand Cherokee and Tundra
Job: domestic engineer, personal assistant, chauffer
College Attended/Attending: SUNY Geneseo

How you became a Jackets' fan: 1997 NHL Columbus expansion fan
Favorite Jackets Player: Sanderson/Cassels/Dineen
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Gilbert Perrault
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): PSL signed Rick Nash Helmet
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Gretzky, Nash, Sillinger

Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s):
Music/Bands You Like: few that still exist... CSNY, Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, WHO, Stones, REM.... Rat Pack, Big Band etc. with evening dinner seems to fit the bill these days.
Favorite movie: to many to list
Favorite TV Show: Fallon
Favorite Food: ditto DSL: surf & turf with a nice British stout
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: AP

Anything Else: travel a lot; love B&B's, Inn's and the Caribbean, enjoy musicals/plays etc.

Last edited:

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
(Real) Name: Matthew
Age you act: Ask around
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Able to kick self in head
Mode of Transportation: Honda Accord with CBJ plates.
Job: Low guy on office totem pole, actively searching for something else.
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: I first started out with my hockey fandom watching Scott Stevens destroying people in the mid 90's and loving it. Was a casual CBJ fan while living in Indiana and getting FS-Ohio feeds. They eventually switched my FS feed to St. Louis games around starting with the 2003-04 season. Became hardcore when I moved back to Columbus in 2006.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jack Johnson
Favorite NON Jackets Player: All time: Scott Stevens. Currently: Vinny Lecavalier, Brent Seabrook, Jonas Hiller, and Zenon Konopka.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Playoff ticket stub
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old third Adam Foote, Current Mason, Blank current third, old Devils jersey that I had in grade school, and a Sheboygan Lakers one.

Video Game Systems Owned: 360, DS
Favorite Game(s): Halo, Fallout franchises
Music/Bands You Like: Fave "new" artists from last 10 years = Polar Bear Club, Bedouin Soundclash, The Aggrolites, The Slackers
Favorite Movie(s): Back To The Future, The Prestige
Favorite TV Show: Firefly, Freaks & Geeks, Cheap Seats
Favorite Food: Skyline Chili, a nice peanut butter sandwich
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @HandsomeMystery

Anything Else: Feast your eyes and fantasize.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
(Real) Name: Rob
Birthplace: Long Island
Where you live: Peterborough, New Hampshire
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My grandfather always said "g-d made only so many perfect heads in the in the world, the rest he covered with hair". I have a perfect head :)
Nationality: American but am 1/2 Polish, 1/4 Czech and 1/4 German
Mode of Transportation: Most of year Toyota Highlander and summer is Audi TT convertible
Job: Innkeeper - small B&B in Southern NH: shameless plug (www.littleriverbb.com)
College Attended: Bryant College, Rhode Island - Class of 1990

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong Rangers fan but had trouble cheering for them when they signed Eric Lindros (I HATE Eric Lindros). Was living in C-Town when Jackets came along...natural fit and great timing!
Favorite Jackets Player: Accepting applications
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I don't understand, is this a trick question?
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): All I have is a non-numbered original jersey with a bug on the sleeve and a hat
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, Cleveland Barons Game Worn and a Kazahkstani National Team Game Worn (stinky story)

Video Game Systems Owned: Magnavox Odyssey2...best ever!!!
Favorite Game(s): Joust and original Ghost Recon for PC
Music/Bands You Like: Fave "new" artists from last 10 years = How long has Kenny Wayne Shepherd been around?
Favorite Movie(s): The Princess Bride & Stripes
Favorite TV Show: Criminal Minds for drama & Big Bang Theory for comedy
Favorite Food: My wife's burgers
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: only use it for trade deadlines and drafts

Anything Else: Wife and I enjoy geocaching...anyone else here a geocacher?

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: 25
Birthplace: Nerk, OH
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: the Carter tattoo (not really but it would be funny)
Nationality: American
Mode of Transportation: Nissan
Job: Accountant
College Attended/Attending: Ohio Dominican, Franklin, THEE University of Florida
Something about you no one would guess: I dabble in watching pretty much any sport

How you became a Jackets' fan: The team was "born"
Favorite Jackets Player: work in progress right now, leaning towards JmfJ
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Carts, Richie, Giroux
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): my signed pucks
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: PHI, CBJ, LA Carts, Jake, Nash, Blomqvist*, Archibald*, Savard*, JmfJ USA jersey - * = Training Camp Jersey (I think I'm missing a couple)

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox
Favorite Game(s): None really, haven't played anything in a long time
Music/Bands You Like: I like a little of everything. rock, hip hop, rap, country, hair metal, classical, musicals, soundtracks - whatever
Favorite Movie(s): Casablanca (any Bogart film), PCU (just about anything Jeremy Piven has been in), Serendipity, Rocky IV, gawd, there's just way too many...
Favorite TV Show: Food Network, Franklin and Bash, Necessary Roughness, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, SPORTS
Favorite Food: Steak, Pizza, Italian
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: none that most here would be interested in...besides maybe Awful Announcing.

Anything Else: The Union Blue

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
(Real) Name: Stephanie
Age you act: It varies
Sex: F
Birthplace: Dayton, OH
Where you live: Dayton, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Auburn hair. Just started wearing glasses. Short
Nationality: Irish
Mode of Transportation: My PT Cruiser Lucy
Job: Retail Manager
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University/Wright State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew to love hockey at school (go Bobcats!) and stumbled over the Jackets in 2002 or 2003 I think.
Favorite Jackets Player: Love me some JJ with Dorse a close second.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I'll always have a soft spot for Nasher, Jake, and Zach Parise.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): The only Jackets gear I have is a Blue Jacket blue jacket. So that.

Video Game Systems Owned: I once owned an Intellivision. Oh crap and I have a PS2! Shows how often I play it that I totally forgot about it.
Favorite Game(s): I enjoy Diablo II and I have a variety of hidden object games on my computer that work the mind and are fun.
Music/Bands You Like: Alter Bridge, Black Keys, Carrie Underwood, Ratatat, Miles Davis
Favorite Movie(s): Dial M for Murder, LOTR Trilogy, and it's not a movie but Ken Burns' The War.
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead, Seinfeld, The West Wing.
Favorite Food: Chipotle veggie burrito bowl, all the fixings except for pico and lettuce.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter:I really only follow hockey folks so it's never too crazy.

Anything Else: I've been working on my Masters in Applied Behavioral Sciences for roughly the last 100 years. I am always game for a goalie fight. I'm disgustingly optimistic.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Now seems as good as any for a first post. Here goes:

It's been four years as far as I can tell since we had one of these. Lots of new posters since then, so figured maybe it's time for a reset (you know, like, supposedly, this offseason). Feel free to use the template as you see fit.

(Real) Name: Josh
Age you act: 30
Birthplace: Cleveland, OH
Where you live: Kent, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: zombie tattoo sleeve
Nationality: Polish
Mode of Transportation: Ford Explorer sport trac
Job: Record store assistant manager
College Attended/Attending: Kent State University

How you became a Jackets' fan:Longtime Lumberjacks, Barons, Monsters fan. Once the Jackets came around, I had an NHL team to follow.
Favorite Jackets Player: Going to be Dubi.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Giroux, Toews, Super Mario.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir):
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ 06-07 jersey, Nash home jersey, Mighty Ducks, and my old Parma Heights Wings jersey.
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Mortal Kombat, NHL 12
Music/Bands You Like: mostly punk, alkaline trio, gaslight anthem,
Favorite Movie(s): Dumb and Dumber, zombie flicks
Favorite TV Show: Workaholics, the League, Seinfeld, the office
Favorite Food: chicken parm
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: can't get into twitter

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Here is WAY more than anyone ever wanted to know about me.

(Real) Name: Lee
Age you act: I’ve been told I sometimes have the mind of a horny teenager
Birthplace: Parkersburg, WV
Where you live: suburban Columbus, Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: big smile and hearty laugh
Nationality: Ancestors from France, Germany, Holland, and right here in native America
Mode of Transportation: Infiniti FX 35 Limited Edition and Giant Advanced 2 road bicycle
Job: entreprenuer
College Attended/Attending: Ohio - THE state university, 1988 alumnus.
How you became a Jackets' fan: The day we got the team. Day one Columbus Chill season ticket holder as well.
Favorite Jackets Players: JMFJ and Umby
Favorite Past Jackets Players: Ron Tugnutt, Kevin Dineen
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Manny Malhotra, Brooks Orpik, Evgeni Malkin, Shane Doan, Maxime Talbot
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): framed poster and game tickets from opening night
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Original home and away, first 3rd jersey, current 3rd jersey, Columbus Chill, Long Beach Ice Dogs and several more
Music/Bands You Like: Foo Fighters, Cake, Weezer, AC/DC, Metric, Van Halen
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack, Stripes, Patton, Moneyball, Groundhog Day, The Longest Yard (original), Happy Gilmore, Bull Durham, Miracle, Mystery Alaska, and of course Slap Shot
Favorite TV Show: current: Blue Bloods, Person of Interest, The Mentalist, Big Bang Theory. Past: anything Star Trek (except Deep Space Nine)
Favorite Food: LaRosa's pizza, Jeni's ice cream, Magner's pear cider (that's right, not Miller High Life!), and belgian waffles
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: big fan of Lori Schmidt
Claim to Fame: Guy who started the LEO! yell
Anything Else: just finished my third Pelotonia and my third 100+ mile ride

Last edited:

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
(Real) Name: Josh
Age you act: 44
Birthplace: Zanesville, OH
Where you live: Zanesville, OH/Fairborn, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I've been fortunate to receive many things from my parents. Height was not among them. I'm 24 years old and 5'4".
Nationality: German/British Isles (Isle of Man)
Mode of Transportation: Volvo S40
Job: Property rental/Instrument rated pilot, pilot-in-training.
College Attended/Attending: Sinclair Communuity College (Associate's, graduated 2008), Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Bachelor's 2010, Master's (in progress)).

How you became a Jackets' fan: Had wanted to pick up a new sport, hockey was by far the most interesting looking. That "L" word...you know, the thing that's about to happen? That cost me a year of hockey watching the last time, so I had to wait a year to become interested. First game watched was in November 2005, first of 50 (to date) CBJ games attended was March 2006. The atmosphere at Nationwide was electric, the CBJ won, and the rest is history.
Favorite Jackets Player: Vinny Prospal is one of my favorite athletes, period. I'd tried to stay away from picking a favorite and never really had a favorite player before Kris Russell, but Vinny came along and spoke out during 0-7-1 last year and went way up in my book. Combine that with the passion he has for the game and the goal celebrations (in practice, even) & I was beyond stoked to see him re-sign.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Kris Russell, Alex Ovechkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Practice puck handed to me by the tunnel before a game in San Jose by Kris Russell in October 2009. Had Russ sign the puck the next month at HockeyFest.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ Original 3rd, Current CBJ Road.

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, PS2, PS3
Favorite Game(s): NHL 12, any GTA game
Music/Bands You Like: Van Halen, John Legend
Favorite Movie(s): Goldeneye, Ronin, Slap Shot, Formula 51, Super Troopers
Favorite TV Show: Justified
Favorite Food: Hibachi (Japanese steakhouse) food.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Iliza Sheslinger, comedienne and host of Excused. I also follow a number of media members from the NHL and NASCAR worlds (Not only common ones like Duthie and MacKenzie in the NHL world, but Dave Strader & John Forslund).

Anything Else: Will be posting more often when the season comes around. Huge Jeff Gordon & Tony Stewart fan.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
(Real) Name: Dennis
Birthplace: Lima, OH
Where you live now: Coldwater, OH
Other places Resided: Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, Nebraska, Texas, Germany
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Some tattoo's.
Nationality: Descendant from Hillbillies & Coal-Minors.
Job: Safety. Formerly I.T. but needed change.
College Attended/Attending: U of Maryland. and others.

How you became a Jackets' fan: Former Blackhawks fan. After lockout year, began watching CBJ nightly at the gym. Got hooked & became STH even though I live 2 hours from Nationwide.
Favorite Jackets Player: Players I like most include: Wiz, DMac, Prospal, Umby.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Klesla. Ryan Smith.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Hejda Stockholm jersey. DMac 3rd jersey. Klesla jersey.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Gamers: Hejda, Klesla, DMac, Methot. Issued: Svitov. Authentics: Whitney, Wright, Nash, Malhotra, Shelley, Klesla original 3rd, Umby, and Umby canon 3rd. Not including replica jerseys.

Video Game Systems Owned: Atari in early 80's.
Favorite Game(s): Defender, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Pacman.
Music/Bands You Like: Country. Used to be Van Halen fan.
Favorite Movie(s): The Dark Knight movie. Some of the Star Trek movies.
Favorite TV Show: NHL Network. Everybody Loves Raymond. Flintstones.
Favorite Food: General Tso's chicken
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Mostly just CBJ players and CBJ fans.

fox2usp

Inbred Cat
Jul 2, 2008
Pumpkinville, Ohio
(Real) Name: Dan
Birthplace: Clinton, IA
Where you live: Circleville, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Short
Nationality: American
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Celica GT
Job: Helicopter Pilot, Air Evac Lifeteam
College Attended: Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Former CHILL fan. Friend had CBJ season tickets and took me to a game. I was hooked
Favorite Jackets Player: Wiz
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jake
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed, "Elect Tugnutt" framed poster
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: n/a

Video Game Systems Owned: Atari
Favorite Game(s): Adventure
Music/Bands You Like: Old = Rainbow, New = Shinedown
Favorite Movie(s): Dances with Wolves, Gross Point Blank
Favorite TV Show: Pawn Stars
Favorite Food: Rooster's whole menu
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: only sparingly use it for breaking news, etc.
Anything Else: Love Labrador Retrievers

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
(Real) Name: Stacey
Birthplace: North Vancouver, B.C.
Where you live: North Vancouver
Nationality: Japanese
How you became a Jackets' fanWas(still am) a Oilers fan. At the time, didn't have a fav player. Chose Rick Nash and at first, only cheered for him and didn't care if the Blue Jackets won or lost. After a year or two, figured I would become a Blue Jackets fan because winning and losing did effect Nash.
Favorite Jackets PlayerJared Boll, R.J. Umberger, Jack Johnson
Favorite NON Jackets PlayerRick Nash, Jacob Markstrom, Johan Franzen, Fredrik Norrena
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir)Signed stick that was personally given to me by Rick Nash. Not sure if it was a game used or a practice stick but who cares. Close 2nd, a former co worker of mine went to Toronto for work. He worked with Mason's good friend. Co worker asked friend if he could get anything from Mason for me. Ended up getting a signed goalie stick. Don't think it was used but it's from his junior days.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Bunch of Nash jerseys(1 Canada and the rest Blue Jackets),Boll Jersey, no name Jackets 3rd jersey, bunch of over sized Oilers jerseys(Smyth,Pronger,York). Hope to get a Nash NYR and a Markstrom jersey in the future.
Video Game Systems Owned360
Favorite Game(s)NHL
Music/Bands You LikeYellowcard,New Found Glory, For All Those Sleeping, Cradle of Filth, Septic Flesh, Children of Bodom, Larc En Ciel(Japanese), Uverworld(Japanese),Rookiez is Punk'd(Japanese),Funky Monkey Babys(Japanese),X Japan(Japanese but is known some what outside of Japan)
Favorite Movie(s): The Fan, Life of David Gale, Blood Diamond, and many many more
Favorite TV ShowMost reality shows, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Without Trace, and some random Japanese shows which I don't know the name.
Favorite FoodBurger,Pasta, Pizza, most Japanese stuff made by Japanese people(in Vancouver, lots of Japanese restaurants are owned/cooked by Chinese/Koreans).
Anything ElseMy hobby is collecting cards(mainly hockey but trying to get into baseball). It seems all my fav sports team suck.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So we should just call you Yama Mama :)

Just having fun Punk, don't take it the wrong way. I remember two words of Japanese and this forum hit on both of them ;) I kid of course...I remember at least three or four more!

Oops, sorry...I see Stacey is M...not F. Gomen Nasai! I used to listen to Shogo Hamada (he still rocks the house) and B'z...and had a major crush on Seiko Matsuda!!! Damn she still looks good!

Last edited:

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
(Real) Name: Greg
Age you act: much less
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Pickerington, OH - just east of Columbus
Nationality: Not sure...Dutch, French
Mode of Transportation: Pontiac GrandPrix and Cadillac XLR on the weekends!
Job: Own a Small Business IT Services company
How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up watching the Columbus Checkers, Owls. Stopped paying any attention to hockey until Nationwide, for whom I worked at the time, announced the arena and the Jackets BUT, didn't attend a game in inaugaral year. Got seats in the Nationwide box for 2001-02 opener vs the Blues. 3 - 3 tie. I was hooked again.
Favorite Jackets Player: Ever - Nash, Dineen Current - JMFJ
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ever - Bobby Orr Current - Rick Nash, Joe Thornton
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia: Got some autographed hats...
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Original Home, Away and 3rd
Video Game Systems Owned: None - I would never get anything else done
Music/Bands You Like: Have become friends of a couple country boys - LoCash Cowboys - country rock - check em out sometime...
Favorite Movie(s): Atlas Shrugged, Gladiator, Miracle
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men, Family Guy
Favorite Food: Meatloaf, Steamed Blue Crab
Anything Else: I'm a lurker...don't feel qualified to contribute...I love the game but, have never watched it from a 'technical' view. Just love the speed and the physicality.

EDIT - Haven't posted for so long...I just realized I am gonna need a new avatar!!

bizzz*

Don't want to be rude, but I think this thread has to be comments free. Without comments. Just the answers to the original question. Everyone can commet in the flood thread. Just an opinion.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
So we should just call you Yama Mama :)

Just having fun Punk, don't take it the wrong way. I remember two words of Japanese and this forum hit on both of them ;) I kid of course...I remember at least three or four more!

Oops, sorry...I see Stacey is M...not F. Gomen Nasai! I used to listen to Shogo Hamada (he still rocks the house) and B'z...and had a major crush on Seiko Matsuda!!! Damn she still looks good!

No worries, I forgive you.
The way things are going. You probably know more Japanese then I do(I didn't bother to learn Japanese when I was a kid unfortunetly).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad