Sex: M
Birthplace: Dayton, OH
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Beard
Nationality: Austrian/German/French
Mode of Transportation: Kia Soul
Job: Discover Card Fraud Prevention Agent
College Attended/Attending: Sinclair Community College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Became a hockey fan in 1990, was a Pens fan for 18 years until I moved to Columbus, bought my first set of tickets and decided the Pens didn't need me as a fan anymore and threw all of my support to the Jackets.
Favorite Jackets Player: Derrick Brassard
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ex Jacket is definitely Marc Methot, other players include Jordan Staal and Evegeni Malkin.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My Marc Methot playoff game used away jersey (thanks Wooten and Chris Blake) and the almost complete player signed shirt I've worked a whole year on that will be up for raffle at Cannonfest 3.

614398_769295805040_1627899447_o.jpg

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Said Methot jersey, #16 Brassard replica 3rd jersey, #11 Staal home replica, #71 Malkin first Winter Classic replica.

Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): any NHL games, Borderlands 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2
Music/Bands You Like: Thrice, The Rentals, Neon Trees, that dog., etc...
Favorite Movie(s): Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Chasing Amy, Goon, etc...
Favorite TV Show: Bob's Burgers, Archer, Arrested Development, Friday Night Lights
Favorite Food: Hound Dogs pizza

Quote: "@ArchCityZach thanks Zach, gonna miss the army. U guys are awesome and great w me while I was there. #respect" - @marcmethot3

Anything Else: Of course, most know I'm with the Arch City Army. I'm part of the advisory board who handle events, charity work and ideas for the group. If not for the group, I doubt I would be as heavily into the CBJ as I am now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Now that I'm done spewing for the moment, I would like to point out that while I've never seen Rollerball or Munich the rest of those movies are top notch and should be considered included in my list. Especially the Princess Bride which is #2 on my list. The Fifth Element is pretty awesome as well.

Munich is basically the movie I watch because while it always reduces me to tears, I can at least keep watching (that and I have a fangirl worship of Golda Meir, so that's always good). By contrast, I have never been able to finish watching Schindler's List, despite several tries.

The original Rollerball is awesome. Some elements have not aged well (you WILL notice the player numbers, for example, and not in a good way :) ), but it's still my favorite. Heck, the game alone can allow for a lot of interesting mental exercises if you're so inclined (personally, I think a more nimble team that can make folks miss would tear up the track). :)

Don't want to be rude, but I think this thread has to be comments free. Without comments. Just the answers to the original question. Everyone can commet in the flood thread. Just an opinion.

All prior editions of this thread have had plenty of comments. It happens.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Comments are what let people know their profiles are actually being read.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And it gives us something to talk about this summer...

Also the thread is labeled "Get to know your fellow CBJ fans". That implies asking questions or sharing things that are normally not appropriate in other threads. Obviously we can't go completely crazy, but going beyond the template doesn't seem unreasonable, otherwise it's just a questionnaire.

hip check

Go North.
Jan 21, 2010
How you became a Jackets' fanWas(still am) a Oilers fan. At the time, didn't have a fav player. Chose Rick Nash and at first, only cheered for him and didn't care if the Blue Jackets won or lost. After a year or two, figured I would become a Blue Jackets fan because winning and losing did effect Nash.

I apologize if you have answered this already, but will you still be a CBJ fan going into this season (maybe you posting here answers my question)? How does the trade change your opinion of the Jackets?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
If I hear "eat whole grains" one more time, I'm going to throw something at the person saying it. The paranoia of eating fat is downright silly. Too much politics coming from the vegetarians, even though you can die of a heart attack being said vegetarian or, worse yet, vegan.

I don't want to derail this topic too much and people are welcome to PM me for full details. But I'll start with a couple of things.

1. Concentrate on liver health, in a lot of ways the most important organ outside of the brain. Certainly for overall health. Dr. Sandra Cabot is a great resource. Paleo is the closest life style change similar to her teachings. As a male you can lose weight and eat 2,500+ calories a day. Without exercising. I lost the first 63 pounds eating full, tasty meals and not exercising a bit. I have purchased one of her books for, at least, 10 people. Where Paleo differs from things like Atkinson's is the quality of food you are putting in your body. I follow something in the middle of the two philosophies (Paleo and Cabot).

2. The "transformation" was when I started Crossfit. You don't need anything that dramatic, but the coach lead sessions are great for motivation. All the exercise are scaled to your performance. Nothing like getting to the point that you can do a hand stand push up or muscle up on the rings. There are very obtainable goals. When I started, I could run about 200 meters. Now I can run a couple of miles, maybe more haven't tried to push it further. When I started Crossfit I was in 42 Jeans (down from 46). Now my 34's are starting to get large. I was in XL's for shirts with a 17.5 inch neck at my peak. Now I am in L's (comfortable) with a 15 inch neck.

My blood pressure was 100/60 with a heart rate of 58 during my last trip to the Red Cross. 19 months ago it was 136/82. All the other vitals that you hear of these days are perfect, things like blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

Yes, I am very passionate about this topic.

:thumbu:

There is alot to be said for the Paleolithic Diet. I recommend reading up on it for anyone, regardless of your health. I've had real success just moving a fraction of my diet in that direction (raw almonds and a piece of fruit for breakfast every morning), and I have a good friend who's improved his health dramatically by eating what he calls the "caveman diet".

Everytime you make a food choice, consider how far that food travelled (was processed) before it got to you. The closer you are to the source of the food, the more likely it is to improve your health. I know thats a very basic and only semi accurate description, but its an easy rule of thumb to keep in the back of your mind as you make mealtime choices.

I'll have to check out Cabot, never heard of her.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
(Real) Name: Linda
Age you act: depends on the circumstances but between 30 and 45
Sex: F
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Powell, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Pre-mature gray, curly hair
Nationality: Western European mutt - probably mostly English and German
Mode of Transportation: Honda CR-V
Job: chemical engineer
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: We got a team.
Favorite Jackets Player: whoever it is that works his tail off, I think I'll have many to choose from this season
Favorite NON Jackets Player: n/a
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none, but hubby and kids have them. I did wear them while pregnant, the fit worked well at the time.
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): LEGO games
Music/Bands You Like: don't really have any at this point
Favorite Movie(s): Princess Bride
Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory
Favorite Food: a good steak
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I mostly just keep an eye on CBJ related ones. So I guess: https://twitter.com/#!/BlueJacketsNHL/cbj-players-staff

Anything Else: I don't always post on internet message forums, but when I do, it's on HFBoards (I'll just keep this part of DSLs)

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
(Real) Name: Mike
Age you act: 75 or 18, depending on who you ask
Birthplace: Evergreen Park, IL
Where you live: Worthington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None. I blend in.
Nationality: Mostly Irish, with a little Czech
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Corolla
Job: Accounting & Finance.
College Attended/Attending: THE Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: My first hockey game was at the OSU ice rink in about 1984, standing on the glass behind the east goal. Then came the Chill, and the CBJ.
Favorite Jackets Player: TBD
Favorite NON Jackets Player:
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): None. I have about ten items in a pile on the basement floor, none on a wall.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ, OSU, CCCP, Chill

Video Game Systems Owned: Way too many. I have a TI laying around somewhere. Someday, Mike Tyson's Punchout will be defeated.
Favorite Game(s): Haven't played anything in about a year, since finishing Portal 2
Music/Bands You Like: Pearl Jam, Everclear, Muse
Favorite Movie(s): There's Something About Mary, Napoleon Dynamite
Favorite TV Show: Lost
Favorite Food: Beer. It's a food, isn't it?
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Not on Twitter.

Anything Else: I spend too much time with sports, mainly soccer and the CBJ.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm going to take a wild guess and say somewhere between paleo and primal, with the occasional dip into keto when fruits fall out of season.

Personally, I'm looking at start cold water therapy once October hits. I'm stuck in a fairly long-running plateau (starting in early May), and that might help with a breakthrough of sorts.

Whenever I hit a plateau for a month or two, I hit the eggs hard (pasture eggs if I can get them). For whatever reason I start shedding a pound a day. May be just me, but it starts the fat burning. I tend to think that it's because it is one of the most liver friendly foods out there.

5 to 1 vegetables to fruit. Mainly berries on the fruit side.

I was losing about 10 pounds a month and feeling great doing it. It took 20 years to add the weight, no sense thinking I could drop it in a couple of months. I wanted something sustainable and steady.

You should see me order at restaurants.

DaveCBJ

Boom. Outta here.
Jun 27, 2011
(Real) Name: Dave
Age you act: 50 at work, 38 with my wife and dogs, 25 when I drink or enjoy a CBJ game.
Birthplace: Dayton
Where you live: Dublin
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Business tattoos.
Nationality: Italian
Mode of Transportation: Black Jeep Wrangler
Job: VP of Lending in a credit union
College Attended/Attending: OSU, Franklin, Wisconsin

How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to Chill games (obviously) and stood with the CBJ from day 1.
Favorite Jackets Player: Yes.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Max Talbot.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Dorse gamer.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: I have a nice start. I need more.

Video Game Systems Owned: None.
Favorite Game(s): Hockey.
Music/Bands You Like: The Gaslight Anthem.
Favorite Movie(s): The Empire Strikes Back
Favorite TV Show: CBJ away games.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Outside of the hockey verse @DepressedDarth just makes me freaking laugh.

Anything Else: I am sure there is, but I don't think it is that interesting.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I always thought that our board was a bit more "mature" than others. Seeing the number of fellow posters in their forties confirms this for me.

I was hanging out on the Senators board for awhile - great people over there. I was shocked to find out that, at 27, I was far older than most of them.

v3rs3

Nov 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
(Real) Name: Jon
Age you act: Mid 30's?
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Grove City, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Big guy 6'2" 240lbs
Nationality: Mostly german
Mode of Transportation: Vintage/older Toyotas
Job: ASE certified tech
College Attended/Attending: Columbus State

How you became a Jackets' fan: Became a fan of hockey going to several Columbus Chill games as a kid.
Favorite Jackets Player: Derek Dorsett/John Moore
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Kris Russell, Mikko Koivu
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): GU stick gave to my son by Dorsett or Kris Russell GU Syracuse jersey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Brassard home, Kris Russell home, Kris Russell Syracuse away

Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): EA Sports NHL
Music/Bands You Like: Sinatra, Punk, She & Him, Jack Johnson
Favorite Movie(s): Mighty Ducks, Fever Pitch
Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory, The New Girl
Favorite Food: Bourbon Chicken

Anything Else: I play E league in the Chiller league here in Columbus.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
(Real) Name: Eva
Sex: F
Birthplace: Slovakia
Where you live: Slovakia
IMO you dont know Slovakia too much such our towns tell you nothing :D
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: blue eyes, dark hairs
Nationality: Slovak
How you became a Jackets' fan: thanks to Sergei Fedorov :D
Favorite Jackets Player: Nick Foligno, Boone Jenner, Artem Anisimov, Jared Boll, Vaclav Prospal, R.J. Umberger
Favorite NON Jackets Player: many :)
Music/Bands You Like: Nightwish, Epica, Sonata Artica, Green Day from West bands , but I like good music
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Ring is my favourite :)
Favorite Food: French potatoes

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad