GDT: Get out your brooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
He's a little ball of annoying, I noticed him in the game before, he's chippy, dirty at times. He reminds me of Abdlekater (sp?), just an all around dirty pint sized douche that lives to agitate other players. I would love a player like that on the Leafs.

He's the kind of player we need more of in the bottom six. I was just thinking about that last game.

Many players like Josh Archibald have gone through our system without having a legit opportunity to prove their worth.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

I never saw that until now actually. That looks worst than I figured it'd be.

The 1 gamer is still just a ... oh well we don't want leafs looking for revenge.

Wasn't kadris similar to debrusk in mid game in a heated playoff battle after Marleau getting hit into the corner of the bench glass... how much did he get for his cross check to debrusks head? I think the rest of the series so 5 or 6 games.

Chiasson gets 1 game. Wtf.

This league is completely wacky how they hand out suspensions. A f***ing joke.

Not saying Kadri didn't deserve something but the same intent was there.

1 guy 6 games
1 guy 1 game

Bullshit

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

The 1 gamer is still just a ... oh well we don't want leafs looking for revenge.

Wasn't kadris similar to debrusk in mid game in a heated playoff battle after Marleau getting hit into the corner of the bench glass... how much did he get for his cross check to debrusks head? I think the rest of the series so 5 or 6 games.

1 guy 6 games
1 guy 1 game

Bullshit

You would think that in the playoffs it would be less games given for a suspension compared to regular season due to the amount of games remaining. But I believe repeat offenders are penalized more which was the case for Kadri.

When a player has a history of discretions that resulted in suspensions it only increases each time hes an offender.

I agree, it should be the same suspension for the same crime but doesnt work that way in the NHL. Its how they wake up that morning and how they are feeling!!

Reactions: Burnie97

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

1 guy 6 games
1 guy 1 game

Bullshit

That's one sharp crosscheck to Vesey's neck.. just horrible.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
You would think that in the playoffs it would be less games given for a suspension compared to regular season due to the amount of games remaining. But I believe repeat offenders are penalized more which was the case for Kadri.

When a player has a history of discretions that resulted in suspensions it only increases each time hes an offender.

I agree, it should be the same suspension for the same crime but doesnt work that way in the NHL. Its how they wake up that morning and how they are feeling!!

That's true repeat offenders do matter. Not sure if Chiasson has had one before but still it seems like quite the gap in games handed out.

Also we're talking Boston and Toronto who hate each other in a playoff game... and this asshole with a cheap shot in a regular season game

Reactions: CanadasTeam

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
That's true repeat offenders do matter. Not sure if Chiasson has had one before but still it seems like quite the gap in games handed out.

Also we're talking Boston and Toronto who hate each other in a playoff game... and this asshole with a cheap shot in a regular season game

Like I said, you also need to understand that the victims response plays a huge part in the suspension as well. Debrusk on Kadri crosscheck turtled like he was hurt and players all jumped in. In the Vesey incident he went back at Chiasson. Had Vesey turtled and it looked serious with a huge gathering afterwards I think suspension would be more. Furthermore, the Chiasson play was after the final whistle of the game. There was an intent to injure. Kadri was mid game in the heat of the moment. Yes it can be debated that he wasnt intending to hurt Debrusk but in the end I thought it was frowned upon to have extra activity of that nature after the game has ended? Guess not.

No different to the elbow to Dermott's head by Archibald. Why was he not suspended. Cause Dermott bounced back up and head into the play. Had Dermott been out cold, there would have been a penalty on the play plus a suspension.

Referee's are horrible and the league with their suspensions are not consistent. This is why there will always be dirty play in the NHL.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
"...and for no legitimate hockey purpose...".

... so if it was in regulation, it would have been OK? Wtf.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gonna be a good one tonight ... can't wait to watch Archibald and Dermy go toe to toe on their 1st shift ... god i miss da preset fights ... a good lightweight tilt is what this game needs ... if Dermy loses then expect Bogo to go with Khaira

Reactions: LeafsRus

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Like I said, you also need to understand that the victims response plays a huge part in the suspension as well. Debrusk on Kadri crosscheck turtled like he was hurt and players all jumped in. In the Vesey incident he went back at Chiasson. Had Vesey turtled and it looked serious with a huge gathering afterwards I think suspension would be more. Furthermore, the Chiasson play was after the final whistle of the game. There was an intent to injure. Kadri was mid game in the heat of the moment. Yes it can be debated that he wasnt intending to hurt Debrusk but in the end I thought it was frowned upon to have extra activity of that nature after the game has ended? Guess not.

No different to the elbow to Dermott's head by Archibald. Why was he not suspended. Cause Dermott bounced back up and head into the play. Had Dermott been out cold, there would have been a penalty on the play plus a suspension.

Referee's are horrible and the league with their suspensions are not consistent. This is why there will always be dirty play in the NHL.
Here here ... very very well stated ... it is joke reffing pure and simple ... every player in league knows Jake turtled after Kadri cross check ... Jake was stupid enough to tell his friends ... da league should have suspended him for rest of playoffs once it found out what a scam it actually was ...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Here here ... very very well stated ... it is joke reffing pure and simple ... every player in league knows Jake turtled after Kadri cross check ... Jake was stupid enough to tell his friends ... da league should have suspended him for rest of playoffs once it found out what a scam it actually was ...

Debrusk is a bitch, and a diver. Kadri barely touched him and he was on the ice as if he got kicked in the balls and then shot by a sniper.

I am still so mad about that series. f*** the bruins

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

1 guy 6 games
1 guy 1 game

Bullshit

Not excusing the NHL but at the time Kadri was a repeat offender, I think this is Chiasson 1st suspension.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Debrusk is a bitch, and a diver. Kadri barely touched him and he was on the ice as if he got kicked in the balls and then shot by a sniper.

I am still so mad about that series. f*** the bruins
In my day it would not have even been a penalty ... refs would have told Jake to get up or we are giving you a misconduct ... and he would have been told by Chara to never ever ever do that sh*t again ... this was classic Jacobs running our league and everyone who knows what goes on at league knows Gary does whatever Jacobs says ... joke joke joke ... til our Leafs partner up with Habs and Rangers to take back our league this crap will continue

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Gonna be a good one tonight ... can't wait to watch Archibald and Dermy go toe to toe on their 1st shift ... god i miss da preset fights ... a good lightweight tilt is what this game needs ... if Dermy loses then expect Bogo to go with Khaira

I miss good, clean, open ice hits. All this stick checking gets pretty boring. Think teams are pacing themselves during the season and will turn it up once the playoffs start.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
In my day it would not have even been a penalty ... refs would have told Jake to get up or we are giving you a misconduct ... and he would have been told by Chara to never ever ever do that sh*t again ... this was classic Jacobs running our league and everyone who knows what goes on at league knows Gary does whatever Jacobs says ... joke joke joke ... til our Leafs partner up with Habs and Rangers to take back our league this crap will continue

the same game Debrusk knees kadri - no penalty, mauls kadri to the ice - no penalty, elbows dermott in the nose with dermy bleeding all over - no penalty

the f***ing refs in that game should have been suspended for allowing all the bs to happen and letting that bitch debrusk run free without consequences.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not excusing the NHL but at the time Kadri was a repeat offender, I think this is Chiasson 1st suspension.

Yeah forsure. I did state that later on that I know that would come into account. I wasn't sure if Chiasson had been suspended before.

Either way I'm not excusing kadri... I just think the difference between the 2 suspensions is f***ing ridiculous.

The league is lost when it comes to suspensions, and I know this... its just frustrating to see time and time again.

You'd think by now someone working for the nhl could of come up with a better system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad