GDT: Get out your brooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Gonna be a good one tonight ... can't wait to watch Archibald and Dermy go toe to toe on their 1st shift ... god i miss da preset fights ... a good lightweight tilt is what this game needs ... if Dermy loses then expect Bogo to go with Khaira
I'm not going to lie, I do as well. The staged fights between the mutants I could go without, but ones where there is clear animosity from previous games, that's just old school puck. Love it. Especially when you see its guys like Dermott and Archibald. You know they wanna go because there is bad blood, nothing wrong with that. Won't be disappointed if they don't go, but i liked seeing the passion from both teams at the end of the game. Its a real shame Simmer is out, because Khaira and Simmonds would be one hell of a tilt.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
the same game Debrusk knees kadri - no penalty, mauls kadri to the ice - no penalty, elbows dermott in the nose with dermy bleeding all over - no penalty

the f***ing refs in that game should have been suspended for allowing all the bs to happen and letting that bitch debrusk run free without consequences.
I was at game in Boston ... my wife has not watched an NHL game since and she will only go if one of our kids is playing from now on ... even a complete hockey Dem liberal neophyte from New England who would cheer for New England teams knew it was completely wrong ... it goes to prove what a hold Jacobs has on our league and it really sucks

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Debrusk is a bitch, and a diver. Kadri barely touched him and he was on the ice as if he got kicked in the balls and then shot by a sniper.

I am still so mad about that series. f*** the bruins

He ran over Andersen twice hitting him in the head, the hit on Marleau, going knee on knee with Kadri, Elbow on Dermott. Forgot a suspension, he didn't even get called for a penalty on any of those plays. He's been noticeably worse since the Kadri hit though, I suspect he got a concussion but hockey players usually just tough it out. Hasn't quite looked the same since then. Which sucks for him, because he looked like a promising top 6 player, with top line potential prior to that series.

Jacobs needs to go, I don't know why he was voted as the Chairman.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He ran over Andersen twice hitting him in the head, the hit on Marleau, going knee on knee with Kadri, Elbow on Dermott. Forgot a suspension, he didn't even get called for a penalty on any of those plays. He's been noticeably worse since the Kadri hit though, I suspect he got a concussion but hockey players usually just tough it out. Hasn't quite looked the same since then. Which sucks for him, because he looked like a promising top 6 player, with top line potential prior to that series.

Jake did not have a concussion ... he was LOL about it on bench and after game how he goaded Kadri ... and Jacobs got voted in because he carries 10-12 of weak sister owners who like his cheap as h*ll approach to spending league $$$ ... our league is run by Jacobs/weaker owners who want a CAP to keep weaker teams in league and not in AHL where they belong

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Jake did not have a concussion ... he was LOL about it on bench and after game how he goaded Kadri ... and Jacobs got voted in because he carries 10-12 of weak sister owners who like his cheap as h*ll approach to spending league $$$ ... our league is run by Jacobs/weaker owners who want a CAP to keep weaker teams in league and not in AHL where they belong

League just needs to hire their own DOPS staff and not leave it to the chairman/owner of a specific team. That duty should be fulfilled by a neutral party hired by the commissioner himself.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
League just needs to hire their own DOPS staff and not leave it to the chairman/owner of a specific team. That duty should be fulfilled by a neutral party hired by the commissioner himself.
Owners will never let that occur ... owners want to be in control of their investments ... no commish of any league can operate carte blanche ... what makes NHL different is we have a chm of board who manages our commish ... in NBA they have a commish hired by all 30 owners no chm of board ... why does NHL have a chm of board???????????

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Somehow the Chiasson crosscheck and suspension is opening Leaf wounds.

That game with Boston was atrocious and still makes me sick

I can't wait until we slay the Bruins. We're improving every year and they are regressing.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Shanny should take him outside next meeting.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If the Leafs faced any of these CDN teams in a playoff series in round #1 or round #2 as the new format dictates I wouldn't have much concern that Leafs couldn't win a 7 game series. Edmonton might be the most dangerous with their offensive talent but the last couple games have shown even McDavid and Draisiatl can easily be muzzled.

We're not even 1/2 the way through this pandemic shortened season and Leafs are already getting close to locking up a playoff spot and the likelihood on 4 X CDN teams passing the Leafs in the standings seems VERY improbable at this point already with Leafs have a +14 point lead on 5th place Calgary.

In all honesty its already getting a little boring watching the same limited opposition teams over and over and that is likely only going to get worse once Leafs have secured a playoff birth and the games really won't matter win or lose at that point.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Honestly though, Archibald has more cojones than many of our players, the dude is actually a force on the forecheck and would like him on our 4th line to replace Barabanov, any day

I love that video. Dermott and Bogo have been incredible together, just steady.

Archibald has been one of their most noticeable players in my mind.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

If I’m not mistaken , and I am regularly, old and way tooo many fists to the head when I played lol
Didn’t Frank “ Ulcers “ McCool have 3 shutouts in a row in 45-46 and in the playoffs ?
I know he had 3 in a row and in the playoffs , just not certain what year ?
Also , a real “McCool “ achievement would be Woll on the nets for 3 in a row with 3 different Goalies and for shiiiites sakes if Fred came in for the next and have 4 different goalies in 4 different games
Now I better go have my morning nap again

Last edited:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
If I’m not mistaken , and I am regularly, old and way tooo many fists to the head when I played lol
Didn’t Frank “ Ulcers “ McCool have 3 shutouts in a row in 45-46 and in the playoffs ?
I know he had 3 in a row and in the playoffs , just not certain what year ?
Also , a real cool achievement would be Woll on the nets for 3 in a row with 3 different Goalies and for shiiiites sakes if Fred came in for the next and have 4 different goalies in 4 different games
Now I better go have my morning nap again
You're right.

McCool overcame ulcers, sparked Maple Leafs to Cup in 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad