GDT: Get out your brooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Could you imagine this picture with Eric Staal as well?

And you're not even aware or thinking about Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc. This would look like the early 2000's teams which signed or traded away youth for over the hill UFAs at top dollar.

I remember when UFAs wouldn't sign in Toronto, when our captain was the laughingstock of the league, and our top offensive forward was drafted last at the All-Star game.

Tavares, Thornton, Spezza, may not be in 2014 form, but they are still very effective.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
And you're not even aware or thinking about Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc. This would look like the early 2000's teams which signed or traded away youth for over the hill UFAs at top dollar.

I remember when UFAs wouldn't sign in Toronto, when our captain was the laughingstock of the league, and our top offensive forward was drafted last at the All-Star game.

Tavares, Thornton, Spezza, may not be in 2014 form, but they are still very effective.

We all remember it was only 5 years ago.

And yea in 2014 our lineup today would sound crazy.

Reactions: banks

Prospal

Jan 16, 2017
NO thanks

I'd rather have Eric Staal

Compare Staal who will turn 37 later this year and has 9,5m deal and Granlund who is in best age(turned 29) as a player and has 5,25m deal. Even as a finnish person I can easily say choose Granlund if you can choose from those two guys. Granlund is probably the most talented finnish player in the league, he truly can pass the puck and he have "killer" attitude all the time. Nashville have been such a sh*thole last seasons and he has been nro 1. TOI forward probably because of his attitude in every shift. With winning team and having possibility to win a cup he will be awesome add to Leafs roster. Trust me on this, you can easily have high hopes on him and still you can have some wow-efects later this season. This could sound weird on you but Granlund have played 1 time in high class sniper in hes career and it was in Sochi 2014 with Selanne and it was something which is even hard to explain. He could do some serious results with Matthews and it would let Marner to play with Tavares & Nylander. If you read all of this you probably think that im cheering blindly for Finnish guy but it´s first time ever i highly recommend finnish player and its all because it makes sense this time.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Pfft Jumbo is actually outpacing his 2014 PPG right now. Still improving!

Reactions: zeke and banks

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
All this has a real “after school fight behind the bleachers” vibe to it.
15330_1.jpg

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
and has a NMC so the Sabres options are limited on who he will waive to. Toronto would easily be at the top of the list since hes an ontario boy who spends his summers living/training next to his bros in thunder bay.

Plus he's feasted on us over the years. He owes us now.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
At the very least Dermy should be able to rag doll Archibald. He's only like 5'-10" and 175 lbs.
Honestly though, Archibald has more cojones than many of our players, the dude is actually a force on the forecheck and would like him on our 4th line to replace Barabanov, any day

The best Leafs bottom pair D in over 15 years.
I love that video. Dermott and Bogo have been incredible together, just steady.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The best Leafs bottom pair D in over 15 years.

Love it. Dermots problem last game was he tried to do a hip throw without using his upper body to knock Archibald off balance, too much hip not enough upper body.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Honestly though, Archibald has more cojones than many of our players, the dude is actually a force on the forecheck and would like him on our 4th line to replace Barabanov, any day

He's a little ball of annoying, I noticed him in the game before, he's chippy, dirty at times. He reminds me of Abdlekater (sp?), just an all around dirty pint sized douche that lives to agitate other players. I would love a player like that on the Leafs.

Reactions: ForzaZuffa

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Oilholes...lol

We got the Montreal Toilet Seats, Edmonton Oilholes , Ottawa Zeros .. Calgary ???, Winnipeg ???, Vancouver ????

Calgary Flame outs.

Winnipeg Thrashers/ Win Less Winnipeg/ Winnipeg Franchise Movers.

Vancouver Ca-f*** ups/ Vancouver Ca-chokes-/ Vancouver Riots.

Reactions: Atomos2

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Think Lilly gets in Thursday
I wish, but don't see it. Coaches take the position "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
And after all the chippiness from the Oilers do you really think Bogo will be pulled for Lilly?
Don't thinks so.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wish, but don't see it. Coaches take the position "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
And after all the chippiness from the Oilers do you really think Bogo will be pulled for Lilly?
Don't thinks so.
They play Edmonton again Thursday? What a crazy schedule

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Don't thinks so.
Nah, with a b2b, 3 games in 4 nights and 4 in 6 nights, there has to be some roster turnover. I'd also think Liljrren and Lehtonen get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad