German football 2020/21

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hertha's ineptitude in the Cup is one of the certainties of the competition. It's a curse that Hertha's first team shall never play in a Cup Final as long as it's played in Hertha's own stadium.

Reactions: koyvoo

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Reactions: koyvoo

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
What the article leaves out is that Schweinfurt lodged protest against Türkgücü's 3. Liga promotion claiming that they would not fulfill the stadium requirements, kind of a dick move especially coming from a non-league side really, and in retaliation Türkgücü now apparently decided to claim the DFB-Pokal place that according to the rules belonged rather to them but had been given to Schweinfurt instead.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Upsets!

Hamburg lost 4-1 to relegated Dresden
Essen won 1-0 vs. Bielefeld
And Hannover almost messed up a 3-0 lead.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund 5-0 over Duisburg. It was a training match.

Favre’s going to have some interesting decisions. The kids he started today looked a lot better than the veterans. The veterans were sloppy when subbed on late.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

For some additional context. The Hamburg Player Toni Leistner is from Dresden, so he was in his hometown, and according to him the fan had insulted his wife and daughter as he was about to start his interview with sky.
He snapped and went into the stands and did what you can see in the video, which is obviously not acceptable.

But since Dynamo apologized to Leistner afterwards and said that they are looking to identify the "fan" in question, it seems to give some credibility to Leistner's account.
I am sure he will still face some form of supsension and fine.

Cup games in Dresden always seem to generate some form of scandal in recent years.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
For some additional context. The Hamburg Player Toni Leistner is from Dresden, so he was in his hometown, and according to him the fan had insulted his wife and daughter as he was about to start his interview with sky.
He snapped and went into the stands and did what you can see in the video, which is obviously not acceptable.

But since Dynamo apologized to Leistner afterwards and said that they are looking to identify the "fan" in question, it seems to give some credibility to Leistner's account.
I am sure he will still face some form of supsension and fine.

Cup games in Dresden always seem to generate some form of scandal in recent years.

The player is an idiot (of course the "fan", too). His family got insulted? Mimimi, this happens all the time. No racism or something like that.
Ever asked how a player like Oliver Kahn felt?

Bananas in Dortmund

A golfball hit in Freiburg

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Leistner says he spoke to the fan on the phone and they're OK now. Makes you wonder how he got the guy's phone number or vice versa? Clearly must have been some 'assistance' from Dynamo in getting that going, either the club or the ultras. But that alone tells you that this is more of an internal Dresden matter than anything else..

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The player is an idiot (of course the "fan", too). His family got insulted? Mimimi, this happens all the time. No racism or something like that.
Ever asked how a player like Oliver Kahn felt?

Dealing with generic insults like these was not a problem to Leistner either, whether they belong to football or not is a separate debate but this is not about it. It was only when a specific person threatened to attack his pregnant wife and kill his unborn daughter that he reacted as he did, and although it was a stupid reaction it was also completely understandable given the context. Suspend him for one or two cup games and that should be enough, the "fan" can stay away from football a few years longer.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Dealing with generic insults like these was not a problem to Leistner either, whether they belong to football or not is a separate debate but this is not about it. It was only when a specific person threatened to attack his pregnant wife and kill his unborn daughter that he reacted as he did, and although it was a stupid reaction it was also completely understandable given the context. Suspend him for one or two cup games and that should be enough, the "fan" can stay away from football a few years longer.
Never knew it tbh. Bild and kicker reported "A fan insulted his family".
Verbal threatening his wife and unborn child is a different animal.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Season start tomorrow.
Some bold statements:
Bayern wins it
Billyfield gets relegated
Leipzig will have trouble to get a CL spot
Schalke (besides Augsburg and Mainz) will get into relegation trouble
Gladbach will finish 2nd or 3rd.
Bremen will finish 16th

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Season start tomorrow.
Some bold statements:
Bayern wins it
Bremen will finish 16th

I don't think saying "Bayern wins it" is a bold statement. :)

Reactions: Evilo

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've decided to dip my toe a little bit and follow the league a little closer this season. ESPN had a silly 8 question quiz to help you "pick" a team to follow and I got Leipzig. I think I should be offended, but I guess.....go Red Bull!?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I've decided to dip my toe a little bit and follow the league a little closer this season. ESPN had a silly 8 question quiz to help you "pick" a team to follow and I got Leipzig. I think I should be offended, but I guess.....go Red Bull!?
Good pick, even without Werner. This year I choose -how cgf used to say?- the cooler Borussia, Werder and Union. Spiegelonline has Union at 17.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Season start tomorrow.
Some bold statements:
Bayern wins it
Bremen will finish 16th

Bremen should never have let go of Felix Bejimo.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Bayern game right now is on sportsnet 360 on regular cable in Canada. I though they’d go back to only having Bundesliga on their subscription channel only again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad