German football 2019/2020

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Two or three things happened in German football.

First things first: Welcome back BTSV. I guess I'm the only H96 supporter who doesn't hate you.
Sadly we lost Jena and Münster and maybe CFC.
Sane will play at Bayern. 50m is insane low by today's standard.
Tonight there will be the Werder-Heidenheim game. I guess Werder will win this easily.

It is for a player of his ability generally, but some things at play here:
  • COVID-19 transfer market.
  • Only one year left on his contract.
  • He wants to leave.
  • He probably wants to return to Germany.
  • He probably only wants to go to Bayern unless say Barça or Madrid came calling and even then who knows.
It will probably look a very good deal in the future, but all the above considered I don't think it's insanely low.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
  • He wants to leave.
  • He probably only wants to go to Bayern unless say Barça or Madrid came calling and even then who knows.
It will probably look a very good deal in the future, but all the above considered I don't think it's insanely low.
add in a 385,000 Euro per week pay packet. I think Man City had to let him go ..Bayern assume some risk but it may turn out to be a good deal for both.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
  • He wants to leave.
You forgot his injury.
But let's talk about it again in 2 or 3 years.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He certainly has the talent to make that look like peanuts.

He also could have an injury concern or not find himself in Bayern's setup. I think those two things are rather unlikely, but it has to play out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sane and Davies on the same side is going to be very difficult, if possible, to defend. Can't even imagine trying to deal with that kind of pace and on the ball ability from both men on that flank.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sane and Davies on the same side is going to be very difficult, if possible, to defend. Can't even imagine trying to deal with that kind of pace and on the ball ability from both men on that flank.
Sounds amazing on paper, but I am concerned about Sane post ACL injury.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Crazy finish in the 3rd league, both promotion and relegation spots came down to the final minutes, in the cast of promotion basically the last kick of the game. Bayern II actually won the league but they can't promote, so going up is Braunschweig and Wurzburger. Wurzberger almost threw it away but a 95th minute penalty kick saved them and put them ahead of Ingolstadt

At the bottom Chemnitzer go down on GD despite winning their final game, they conceded a 89th minute goal which put them at -6 while Zwickau finished the season at -5. However Chemnitzer I think would have still gone down due to goals scored should they have had an equal GD so they were probably still trying to score late in the match

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Crazy finish in the 3rd league, both promotion and relegation spots came down to the final minutes, in the cast of promotion basically the last kick of the game. Bayern II actually won the league but they can't promote, so going up is Braunschweig and Wurzburger. Wurzberger almost threw it away but a 95th minute penalty kick saved them and put them ahead of Ingolstadt

At the bottom Chemnitzer go down on GD despite winning their final game, they conceded a 89th minute goal which put them at -6 while Zwickau finished the season at -5. However Chemnitzer I think would have still gone down due to goals scored should they have had an equal GD so they were probably still trying to score late in the match
Thanks, themoreyouknow might not be amused.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It was an at best long shot anyway for Chemnitz. Losing to Zwickau on Wednesday was the real killer, but there were a lot of missed opportunities in the matches before as well. They showed 'character' by fighting hard toward the end though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody is watching Pokal right now? 2-0 for Bayern in the half, actually been quite boring to be honest. The clapping is insanely more annoying than the fake crowd noise FYI.

Nothing really substantial going on from what I've seen; Havertz is good, Davies is very good, and Lewendowski is overrated. ESPN coverage absolutely sucks though, they've been more interested in talking about MLS than the actual game. Pretty much saying that Davies is the greatest fullback ever in the history of fullbacks because he played in the MLS. Then during halftime, they're legitimately talking about MLS coming back instead of the actual game lol.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Nobody is watching Pokal right now? 2-0 for Bayern in the half, actually been quite boring to be honest. The clapping is insanely more annoying than the fake crowd noise FYI.

Nothing really substantial going on from what I've seen; Havertz is good, Davies is very good, and Lewendowski is overrated. ESPN coverage absolutely sucks though, they've been more interested in talking about MLS than the actual game. Pretty much saying that Davies is the greatest fullback ever in the history of fullbacks because he played in the MLS. Then during halftime, they're legitimately talking about MLS coming back instead of the actual game lol.

ESPN with lowest ratings ever. MLS tourney next week basically their only property running right now besides UFC. I would expect them to play it up all over. Same with FOX.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I watched the first half before switching to the Chelsea game, Leverkusen just seemed like their goal was to make the game unnecessarily physical.

It's hilarious to me though, that Bayern have a very sub-optimal CB pairing which will likely get exposed by a better European team, but are still miles better than any other German club. It's really pathetic tbh.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
How many teams are there in any European league that have better CB pairings than Alaba & Boateng/Hernández? Optimal it may not be, but very high level regardless.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How many teams are there in any European league that have better CB pairings than Alaba & Boateng/Hernández? Optimal it may not be, but very high level regardless.
I can only think of Real Madrid, Liverpool, and Barca.

though I can see arguments of Inter and PSG (with Silva).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So, Nurnberg a playoff away from suffering a second successive relegation to 3rd liga. And Kaiserslautern still nowhere near getting promoted back to Zweite.

Few clubs who used to be regulars in the upper leagues like Duisburg, Rostock and Uerdingen are now stuck there and smaller town clubs have taken their place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad