German football 2019/2020

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Nothing against him, on the contrary, but Silva's even further in becoming a has been than Boateng. Hummels looked like a spring chicken in their duel in February.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
3 games left in German pro-football.
Heidenheim-Werder, and the Nürnberg-Ingolstadt series.
Even after the bad first game I think Werder will win in the end, maybe HSV-like 1-1 at Heidenheim.
Nürnberg sacked their coach last week. Good luck with that.
Hecking left HSV as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Silva and Kouassi(to Bayern Lol) are gone so moot point.
Nope, you apparently missed the conversation points.
It was about how european teams would have a better CB pairing than Bayern.
Since Silva is playing the end of the CL with PSG, it's not moot. He's still under contract until the end of august with PSG. He's very much a PSG player.
And since the window transfer is not closed, it's still not moot either for the future editions.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
3 games left in German pro-football.
Heidenheim-Werder, and the Nürnberg-Ingolstadt series.
Even after the bad first game I think Werder will win in the end, maybe HSV-like 1-1 at Heidenheim.
Nürnberg sacked their coach last week. Good luck with that.
Hecking left HSV as well.

Btw. Türkgücü will be the first club in German pro-football established by immigrant next year.
Türkgücü München – Wikipedia

Only 4 Turks on last year's roster. I remember Energie Cottbus had zero Germans on the pitch 20 years ago. And it was considered to be the end of German football. LOL.
FC Energie Cottbus - VfL Wolfsburg, 06.04.2001 - 1. Bundesliga - Statistik

In goal the unforgetable Tomislav Piplica

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's one thing to be a big fish in the small pond that is the French league, but already with the national team Kimpembe has seen little use. Two caps last year, nine in total.
Yes and if we are using national teams well none of the Bayern group play CB for their national teams consistently still.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Btw. Türkgücü will be the first club in German pro-football established by immigrant next year.

I guess it depends on the definitions, many early clubs had English roots and some of these have made appearances in the Bundesliga era too.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yes and if we are using national teams well none of the Bayern group play CB for their national teams consistently still.

Alaba is more of a midfield maestro for Austria indeed, but it would be quite strange to try to use player's outstanding versatility against him. For FC Bayern Alaba has appeared exclusively as CB this year, resulting in 20 wins and one goalless draw.

Hernández has been out for the better part of last two years due to injuries, and yet has twice as many caps as Kimpembe despite being younger. He was also a starter during the victorious World Cup campaign.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Alaba is more of a midfield maestro for Austria indeed, but it would be quite strange to try to use player's outstanding versatility against him. For FC Bayern Alaba has appeared exclusively as CB this year, resulting in 20 wins and one goalless draw.

Hernández has been out for the better part of last two years due to injuries, and yet has twice as many caps as Kimpembe despite being younger. He was also a starter during the victorious World Cup campaign.
Not at CB.
When PSG dominated Barca 4/0 and someone shut down Messi all night, it was Kimpembe.
Also let's not compare Frznce's depth at CB with any other country.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Türkyemspor I believe did play 3rd tier in the 90s. Of course officially that was semi-pro back then...but players did get paid.
Players even get payed in Kreisliga these days. I had a friend and former team-mate who played Landesliga and got paid something around 7-800 DM a month. I asked him how someone would pay him to damage his pitch. LOL. He was more a Gattuso-type of player.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Lucas plays LB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad