German football 2019/2020

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't even care that we were knocked out of the Cup. Very fluky circumstances. An incredible volley, bad individual defending and bad goalkeeping by the back up keeper. Dortmund absolutely bossed that game, especially in the second half. Haaland and Reyna were incredible. If Reus wasn't on the field, we'd have won that game, but because he wears the captains armband, he's allowed to be the worst player every game and still retain his place. At least Favre took him out at the end. Maybe Favre is finally going to make him earn his spot in the team.

You should care. This was your best chance at a trophy and happy ending to the season. Now Bayern will likely win the double in spite of being in a transitional year.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You should care. This was your best chance at a trophy and happy ending to the season. Now Bayern will likely win the double in spite of being in a transitional year.

Winning the Pokal doesn't really make up for how many bad games they've played in other competitions this year relative to the quality of the squad. They were never going to beat Bayern this year either; the only hope for that is that Bayern sleepwalk through a game against a lesser opponent. Despite the recent rash of goal scoring, I keep expecting them to falter terribly away from home and against more skilled opposition that can bring a higher level of intensity (e.g. the last time they played Bayern). The hope that they could have even won the cup has been long gone.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It's funny how the wannabes collapse. As CFC stated it was never that easy for Dortmund to win something. Bayern will win the whole shit in Germany in a transition year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At least Reus won't be a problem for awhile.

Dortmund is going to go on a run here in the next month.

I don’t root for players to get injured, so I’m not happy he’s injured, but Reus has been terrible all season. Adding in an extra good option to that attack will make it even better than it’s been.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre is the gaffe-master. He's going to ruin the good CM we've had in recent weeks with Witsel playing in front of Brandt. That pivot has worked excellently. Now he puts in Can, and is going to move Brandt forward. We are already playing a back 3, so there's more than enough defensive support. Can as a box to box midfielder does not work well. If he plays, it should be to replace Akanji in the back 3, as a FB/WB or as the back up to Witsel. Alongside Witsel with a back 3 is to defense.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was really excited to watch this one with so many young stars. Then Palacios get hurt right after making his debut.smh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
An absolute clinic displayed by sancho there.

should be 3-1 dortmund but a poor finish then some school boy defending on the other end. Is balerdi really that bad he can’t even get 10 mins

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
VAR screws us out of a goal. That was nowhere near the play. That type of tussle between two players wouldn't be called if there was no VAR. If you have an extra referee looking at 10 angles of every play, you are going to ruin the game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Akanji and Hummels need to go in the summer. We should've never gotten rid of Diallo for Hummels, and we bought Balerdi for nothing. I want to see a back 3 of Zagadou-Balerdi-Can next game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Akanji and Hummels need to go in the summer. We should've never gotten rid of Diallo for Hummels, and we bought Balerdi for nothing. I want to see a back 3 of Zagadou-Balerdi-Can next game.
What’s even stranger is that they refused to let him go to Argentine for the tournament. It’s like their actively trying to f*** him over. How can you buy a player for 20 million give him 15 mins of playing time in almost a year. Don’t release him to get some games elsewhere not a loan. What is the plan with him. Like wtf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad