German football 2019/2020

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre got the message to change up the tactics in the winter break. Dortmund playing a different style of play today. Go down early because you can't defend the counter while you have all of the ball and get no good shots.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Interesting choice by Augsburg to give Dortmund so much space to counterattack into when they were up 2 goals. Not sure I'd have done the same.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think BVB are going to be in the title hunt. Sure you can say they were in it already, but I'm talking the long haul. Haaland was an excellent pickup and is really going to fire them down the stretch.

Actually if they can keep some of their younger guys and keep building on that foundation with more smart buys they could be the dominant side in the Bundesliga for some time. Of course they also could use a new manager.

Thank god Dortmund got Haaland instead of United. Thank you.

You'll be repeating that quite a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think BVB are going to be in the title hunt. Sure you can say they were in it already, but I'm talking the long haul. Haaland was an excellent pickup and is really going to fire them down the stretch.

Actually if they can keep some of their younger guys and keep building on that foundation with more smart buys they could be the dominant side in the Bundesliga for some time. Of course they also could use a new manager.

We're going to sell Sancho in the summer. The same thing is always said that if we keep our players we'll be the dominant team in the league, and it never does. We can settle for competing for the title.

But we won't be in it this year. We'd need to probably not drop any points the rest of the season because Leipzig and Bayern are both ahead of us. Both teams are in good form. Each have only dropped points in one of their last five. And that won't happen, so more likely 3rd place. We are 7 points behind Leipzig, and it's effectively 8 due to goal differential. I can't imagine we'll be 8 points better than them the rest of the season. We have a better chance to win the Cup or make a run in the Champions League.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You are more likely to win out in the BuLi than to win the CL.

No one said anything about winning the CL... "Making a run" means reaching the semifinals maybe.

I agree with PB. The talent on the team is exciting, but the turnover will be rapid, and when they played at a 60 point pace in the first half of the season it's hard to imagine the addition of another 19 year old for a couple years will vault them to a title much less to being a "dominant side for some time."

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tough games upcoming for Leipzig and Bayern. Let's see if they can take full points. Dortmund did exactly what was needed with an easy win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad