German football 2019/2020

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Of course Bayern with two late goals. Zirkzee again. TBH I never heard of this guy before last game.
Werder is in deep trouble.

Reactions: Lambo

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of course Bayern with two late goals. Zirkzee again. TBH I never heard of this guy before last game.
Werder is in deep trouble.

Thats because no one ever hears about Bayern academy players. Bayern doesn't allow that to happen because they never reach the first team, yet they have an academy with some very talented players. It's a shame they never use those players, despite having a very small squad of senior players.

Zirkzee is a very good young player. He's one of the best in his generation from the Netherlands. I saw him play in a U16 tournament two and a half years ago in Japan. He was at least one of the three best players at the tournament, and probably the best player at the tournament. It was clear he was going to be a very good professional footballer. Bayern also signed another of those three best players at the tournament that I mentioned, Taylor Booth, whose another young Bayern player you'll start hearing more about if they ever use their academy players in bigger numbers. I guess Bayern saw the same tournament as I did.

But I think if Bayern is willing to use some academy players, they now have a good replacement if Lewandowski gets injured. Zirkzee is better than Fiete-Arp, the guy they signed from Hamburg.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
BE4173B5-34C3-4898-A2F3-6A5C4CA8A5EE.jpg

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Nübel won't extend his contract at Schalke next summer
Transfer-News: Keine Verlängerung auf Schalke: Weg frei für Nübel-Wechsel zum FC Bayern?

Sucks for them, but I'm still not buying the Nübel to Bayern rumours unless Neuer retires.

Nübel to Bayern next summer is confirmed.
Bayern statt Barça: Warum Nübel nach München wechselt

So Bayern fills a hole in goal that they don't have. I still don't understand that move.

Bayern need support on defence and Lewa could need a buddy, too.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Stuttgart fire Tim Walter after just 6 months. They are 3rd in 2. Bundesliga. 4 of 5 classless Subbans.
Funkel stays at Düsseldorf for another year if they stay in 1. Bundesliga. 2 of 5 Subbans.
Pele Wollitz takes over Magdeburg just after they fired Stefan Krämer yesterday. Team captain Beck doesn't understand why Krämer was sacked.
3 of 5 Subbans.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nübel to Bayern next summer is confirmed.
Bayern statt Barça: Warum Nübel nach München wechselt

So Bayern fills a hole in goal that they don't have. I still don't understand that move.

Bayern need support on defence and Lewa could need a buddy, too.

So I take this as Bayern have concluded that Fruchtl will never be a good enough to be a starter for them? He should leave then, if he has ambitions to ever play as a starter in Bundesliga.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So according to various sources Hertha BSC are interested in acquiring the following players this winter:

Mario Götze
Julian Draxler
Granit Xhaka
Kevin Strootmann
Santiago Ascacibar

Vom VfB zur Hertha? Ascacibar steht auf Klinsmanns Liste

The money comes from here:

Lars Windhorst – Wikipedia

Ende Juni 2019 wurde bekannt, dass sich Windhorst über Tennor mit 37,5 % an der Hertha BSC GmbH & Co. KGaA beteiligt.[27] Im November 2019 erhöhte er seine Anteile auf 49,9 % und ist nun mit 225 Mio. Euro beim Berliner Bundesligisten beteiligt.

Cool story, Klinsmann.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I asked in the transfer thread should've probably asked here too... since its likely Ascacibar goes there, I see there in a regulation battle how good a move would it be for him trying to resurrect his career?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I asked in the transfer thread should've probably asked here too... since its likely Ascacibar goes there, I see there in a regulation battle how good a move would it be for him trying to resurrect his career?
There are 3 or 4 worse teams in the league. Hertha won't get relegegated.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I understand what Klindmann is trying to do. Berlin is the only Euro capital without any relevance in football. Rome has two. London has many´Madrid has a high end side and so on. Berlin hasn't (though cgf might think otherwise). They just got 225millions to spent from Windhorst. I just don't get the idea spending multiple millions on players mid season.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So, according to Bild, Götze and BvB will part ways this summer. BvB want to reduce his annual salary (10m) to 7m. He won't accept. His target might be Italy, preferably Inter. let's see if they bite this time. They reportedly were interested in his services last summer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ve read so many reports with different info that I’m not just going to believe it because Bild bills it as an exclusive report. I’ll wait until we have info from more reliable sources.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Bundesliga continues tomorrow.

Important games will be the Schalke/Gladbach and the Düsseldorf/Bremen matches.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
17yo Reyna will on BvB's roster tommorrow. Didn't another Reyna once played for Dortmnd? Must be his father.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Claudio played for Leverkusen and Wolfsburg, never Dortmund.

The club is hyping up Gio more than any young player we've had since Pulisic. Some are saying he's better than Pulisic. Having watched both extensively up until this age, Pulisic was a better footballer, Reyna had more tools. I think Pulisic was a lot better, actually. Reyna is very talented though, but I can't remember ever thinking he played up to his potential.

And once again, the attack looks so much worse with Reus back in. The club needs to do to him what they did to Schmelzer. He's not as bad as Schmelzer became as captain, but he's become backup quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad