German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
@Deficient Mode, what are your thoughts on summer arrivals and departures? Which players should leave and which players/positions should we try to bring in?

Will go: Pulisic
Should go: Piszczek, Schmelzer, Toprak, one of Wolf/Philipp, Bruun Larsen (loan)
Would like to keep but bracing myself for their departure: Weigl, Sancho, Dahoud (?)

Two new full backs are probably the main item. Seems like so many other quality young players have come and gone through Dortmund the past few years but no full backs to challenge Schmelzer or Piszczek. In midfield it depends who leaves but with Favre's love for Delaney I don't expect a good or major move. Sancho's role in this incoherent attack will be very difficult for another player to replicate. They already have too many attacking players so even if they sell off two or three they don't need to bring in the same number. So maybe just a Sancho replacement and an Isak return.

What are you thinking?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd like us to bring in two new full-backs, but I'll settle for a LB in the summer, and then a RB the following summer. We can still mange at RB with a healthy Piszczek, Hakimi and Wolf. I know that Hakimi has done well on the left and I wouldn't mind continuing to use him there, but he's more of a RB.

I think we need two wingers. If Reus is not going to be used as a winger, we are basically down to Sancho, Guerreiro, JBL and Wolf. JBL has added nothing outside of preseason and a one month stretch. He should be sent on loan. Wolf is a fine fifth winger option/wingback/depth RB option, but not suited to play regularly. We need two wingers in addition to Sancho and Guerreiro. This is the position I'd invest most of the money on this summer, along with bringing in a LB.

We need a bigger CF. Isak is doing well on loan. I think he should be brought back.

Easy subtractions are Kagawa, Schmelzer, Toljan, Toprak. Pulisic already gone.

I also think that Weigl will request to go, given he's not a starter. He's played regular minutes, but I don't think this is a role he'll accept for another season. I wouldn't hate it, if he left. I prefer to keep him, but they extended Raschl who can be the Witsel back up, and I think we might start seeing Delaney in this position next season with a different tactical set-up. I can also see Dahoud leaving. He's rarely played under Favre. Favre likes using Delaney as a starter, and then there's Goetze when he uses an offensive 8. I also think at some point Gomez is going to start getting more minutes, so Dahoud I can see leaving.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think we need two wingers. If Reus is not going to be used as a winger, we are basically down to Sancho, Guerreiro, JBL and Wolf. JBL has added nothing outside of preseason and a one month stretch. He should be sent on loan. Wolf is a fine fifth winger option/wingback/depth RB option, but not suited to play regularly. We need two wingers in addition to Sancho and Guerreiro. This is the position I'd invest most of the money on this summer, along with bringing in a LB.

Yeah. Maybe I underrated this a bit. Sancho and Guerreiro are the only options I'm actually happy to see on the wings. It would be nice to clear out the chaff and have at least one other good winger to rotate with the others. But with how much Favre loves his mediocre players, who knows if Bruun Larsen and Wolf go.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Good News! Grindel drops! Bye bye! ;)Who could be a successor? Metzelder,Lahm,Matthäus?

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Dieter Hecking will leave Gladbach at the end of this season. Didn't they just extend his contract? Anyway, cgf will be pleased.

p.s. Marco Rose's (RB Salzburg) name is in play.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
btw. Today starts the remake of the infamous Paderborn.HSV game from 15 years ago. The Hoyzer game for those who don't remember.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dieter Hecking will leave Gladbach at the end of this season. Didn't they just extend his contract? Anyway, cgf will be pleased.

p.s. Marco Rose's (RB Salzburg) name is in play.

Perhaps Rose going to Gladbach would bring cgf back here.

Why would Dortmund need to buy anyone? They already have the best CB in the world Belardi.

What if Ascacibar were their Weigl replacement though???

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Perhaps Rose going to Gladbach would bring cgf back here.

What if Ascacibar were their Weigl replacement though???
Could the league handle all that awesomeness on the field at the same time though? I mean you have Munich spending a fortune on scrubs do you not have a heart?

Reactions: Gecklund

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why does it sound like the crowd is drowned out a bit on the Fox feed? The commentary team is way too loud and the fans aren't as loud as they really are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad