German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Dortmund want to win the title they'll have to beat Bayern themselves. None of these other teams will even try.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Are you a Bremen fan? What do you think of Sargent’s play? Do you think he’ll take up more of a regular role next season?
Yes i m Werder-Fan! He s talented. But it s difficult for him,because he has a fierce competition. Next season Sargent could get more time if Werder qualifies for the european cup("3 Weddings").

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yes i m Werder-Fan! He s talented. But it s difficult for him,because he has a fierce competition. Next season Sargent could get more time if Werder qualifies for the european cup("3 Weddings").
too bad löw doesn't like max kruse.

p.s. i just saw he'll be 31 tomorrow. too old of course.

Reactions: Ducks76

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
too bad löw doesn't like max kruse.

p.s. i just saw he'll be 31 tomorrow. too old of course.
Yes but he could very useful for NT! 3 good years till 34 i trust him to have. But Löw is Löw! I hope he s going soon(incl. Grindel and Bierhoff).

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yes but he could very useful for NT! 3 good years till 34 i trust him to have. But Löw is Löw! I hope he s going soon(incl. Grindel and Bierhoff).
I was joking. Of course Kruse could help the NT. He's playing his best football now. Though I think Boateng and Hummels had to go, it has nothing to do with their age. They are slow now and no longer top-level players.
Grindel, Bierhoff and Löw are the problem. Should all have been fired after the WC desaster.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So what have we now:

A new German team at WOB with a new VW outfit in front of 25000 visitors trailing by one at halftime. I need more to be motivated.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't mind, in front of 25000 in Wolfsburg is the level of effort the team has been giving in recent years anyway and it definitely resembles a Volkswagen diesel more than it does a Mercedes. It's a more sincere look.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's funny how once again the team went from World Champions to total 'meh' within a few short years..I guess replacing Beckenbauer with Vogts..is about the same as keeping Jogi. Because other than that it's more or less the same stuff all over again.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
To be fair Beckenbauer was awful except for the 1990 tournament. It was more Ribbeck than Böörti that scuttled the ship finally.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Under Beckenbauer awful till 1990 yes! But the results were okay(86 Runners up and 88 Euro Semis).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McKennie probably is out for the season now after getting injured on international duty. He's been Schalke's best player in the second half of this season. He's shown very good development in his game. I think he's passed Pulisic as the best American player.

Schalke is up against it when it comes to relegation. Its hard to think that a club of such magnitude could get relegated, but they are making a push for relegation.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So, yesterday Hannover lost a friendly 0:5 against the lowly second league hosts in Bielefeld, and today Kind was finally voted out. Can't really get any lower than this at least in the realm of the Bundesliga, but is that new hope in the horizon?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So, yesterday Hannover lost a friendly 0:5 against the lowly second league hosts in Bielefeld, and today Kind was finally voted out. Can't really get any lower than this at least in the realm of the Bundesliga, but is that new hope in the horizon?

Must have been a fungame to watch (for Bielefeld).
Kind still is in charge at H96 football. but no longer at the entire club (badminton etc). See Janssen at HSV.

Imo there's no hope for H96. I see them end like their biggest rival Eintracht Braunschweig or Kaiserslautern. Doll and Heldt will leave, so will Füllkrug, Esser and others. Only Felipe will stay (as usual). There is no pro-scouting, no academy or youth scouting system like Freiburg or Gladbach have. This club is dead for a long time IMO.

Addition:

Niclas Füllkrug is H96's only real asset. He was born and raised in Hannover, lived and played in Ricklingen, just 2 miles away from the HDI arena. He got signed by Werder Bremen and played for Nürnberg, too.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Kind still is in charge at H96 football. but no longer at the entire club (badminton etc). See Janssen at HSV.

In principle yes, but without the club he is no longer in position to resist the 50+1. The company alone won't get a license for any league, so the confrontation might become more like that at 1860.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Bayern bought Hernandez for 80m today. This probably means one of Hummels or Boateng will get sold this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad