News Article: Georgiev requests trade

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
They were able to bury Redden so it was easy to forget about him. I never hated him ... I thought he just fell off a cliff. I never thought he mailed it in.

I had so much respect for Redden. He was wildly overpaid, but he was still an NHL player. It's not HIS fault that the Rangers gave him such a stupid contract, but he was banished to the AHL when he clearly still had some years left as an NHL talent (just not as a top pair NHL talent). If my career was being derailed like that, and I was being punished for the team's mistake, I would have been all kinds of pissed off and bitter. Redden became a coach on the ice and helped to develop a whole generation of Rangers D prospects. He never once made a public spectacle about what was being done to him. His play never did match his salary here, but he ended up helping in so many other ways. Much respect to him for that.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
No doubt. I would go. Tried to meet Bobop at the opener. Got jammed up.
A ball hockey one would probably be more accessible & safer as many probably don't know how to skate or have adequate equipment, we could rent out a dek rink or go to a lacrosse box or something. Sometime in the summer would probably be best, hopefully the world has returned to normal by then lol

Reactions: haveandare

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Marek Malik caught a lot of shit from people.

A bunch of people from the old NYR site did a meetup at Cafe 31 many years ago. There was a contingency of posters from the old Rangers board that despised Malik. I guess he was just that years whipping boy. Maybe like 05 or 06. Later during that game, one of the posters finds himself getting interviewed by Trautwig in between periods.

Mic in his face, pic up on the Jumbotron Troutwig asks, "What do you think about the way the team is playing after the 1st period"
His response....Sillence for an uncomfortable 10 seconds, then he utters..."Ummm well, i F'n hate Marek Malik"

We ran into him later. We said..."you talk Rangers all day long on that site, and that's all you could say?"
He replied...I totally blew it and blanked when he put the mic in my face.
HAHA OMG

Reactions: Lion Hound

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Fox probably doesn't win a Norris if ADA was still here (at best they would've split PP time). As good as he's been there's not really any room for him on this team with Jones waiting in the wings
lol what? Who cares if Fox wins the Norris or not if we win a cup instead because of having a great team, and what?? No room for a top D man in the league? Don't want too much talent on the team or something?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
lol were they? pics? I didn't know and would love to see.

I mean the team was there invited probably, but they were sitting next to each other so I hardly doubt there's any bad blood between the two.

I think it's obvious Georgiev is frustrated. This isn't the proper situation for him. I believe he would be better if he played more instead of being your typical backup, but that's not happening with the Rangers obviously. He knows he doesn't have a chance to get more games here, and he knows he's also killing his value at the same time. Do you think he intentionally plays bad and looks distracted? Actually sorry, I know some of you do looking at the way some posters here talk about this guy.

Like I said in the previous PGT, I will always like this guy because of his TPS legacy and will not jump on the hate train. But there's no defending his performances for the last 2 seasons, and this relationship needs to end. He needs a fresh start, and we need a veteran backup who will know his role. We don't want an upcoming guy who thinks he can challenge for the starter role, that's not happening unless something drastic happens with Igor.

Last edited:

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I was expecting a #salutegate type situation where the players didn't dap up Georgiev.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I actually see a bit of a parallel between Kravtsov and Georgiev.

They both did very well in their domestic leagues, came here and performed adequately for a stretch, handled adversity poorly, and now want to be treated based on what they have done vs. what they're currently doing.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I know Georgie has sucked ass lately, but the fans in the Garden - you see Igor go down, not knowing if it could be season ending…

First save they gave him the mock cheer. I was like cmon now we need to pick this kid up! He may be all we have!

I was praying Georgie would play well. Getting the shut out was HUGE for him and the team.

The first goal against the fans would’ve killed him. Can’t understate the importance of him splitting the SO.

Biggest save of the game and season for Georgiev may have been when he gloved the puck on the bench. Just reacted and didn’t think. Carried it over when he had to come in

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A ball hockey one would probably be more accessible & safer as many probably don't know how to skate or have adequate equipment, we could rent out a dek rink or go to a lacrosse box or something. Sometime in the summer would probably be best, hopefully the world has returned to normal by then lol
This sounds like so much fun

Reactions: EdJovanovski

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Back in the day we would go down to the local tennis court around 6am and hang a sign on the entrance:

“NO TENNIS TODAY
town ordinance 54.6”

Then proceed to tear it up for 8 hours. Games would be epic

Tennis folks would walk up with their rackets and balls and towels over their shoulders, turn around and go back to their cars LMAO

A cop came by once and just laughed, watched for like 10 min and left lol

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I know Georgie has sucked ass lately, but the fans in the Garden - you see Igor go down, not knowing if it could be season ending…

First save they gave him the mock cheer. I was like cmon now we need to pick this kid up! He may be all we have!

I was praying Georgie would play well. Getting the shut out was HUGE for him and the team.

The first goal against the fans would’ve killed him. Can’t understate the importance of him splitting the SO.

Biggest save of the game and season for Georgiev may have been when he gloved the puck on the bench. Just reacted and didn’t think. Carried it over when he had to come in

The thing with that 'save on the bench' was that he was deadpan there too. It's just the way he is which may not come across well in these "zoom in on Me" show time social media times.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Don't be so sure. I once broke my nose from an elbow in floor hockey. I had part of my nose on one side of my face and another on the other side. Not even sure how that was possible. Probably the most blood I ever spilled and I had my face broken multiple times in ice hockey.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Use a roll of electrical tape instead of a ball. Just "sand" both sides of the tape by rubbing it rapidly back and forth on the asphalt to get rid of the stickiness. It behaves much more like a puck on ice than a ball does.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Don't be so sure. I once broke my nose from an elbow in floor hockey. I had part of my nose on one side of my face and another on the other side. Not even sure how that was possible. Probably the most blood I ever spilled and I had my face broken multiple times in ice hockey.
Lmao, what kind of floor hockey are we talking? Like do they wear protective gear? If not that could be pretty dangerous :laugh:

Ball hockey is huge in BC, I play in multiple leagues and have played at the provincial level, a lot of guys I play with play for team Canada. We have to wear full protective gear though, like this is me playing:
TOeJFxd.jpg

N0tqMQK.jpg

It is very rough though, a lot rougher than the ice hockey league I play in. There are multiple fights every game and a lot of contact. I envision the meetup being casual like the ones we do with The Hockey Guy, you can watch me light it up on YouTube ;) I think ball hockey is safer than ice hockey though given that most guys here won't have adequate protective equipment and it can be quite dangerous to play hockey when most guys don't know how to skate (sorry for making this assumption but you guys are Americans so :sarcasm:)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Use a roll of electrical tape instead of a ball. Just "sand" both sides of the tape by rubbing it rapidly back and forth on the asphalt to get rid of the stickiness. It behaves much more like a puck on ice than a ball does.
Did you grow up in a mud hut??? :laugh: I've never heard of anyone doing this LOL

These pucks are amazing for outdoor use though, they glide just like a puck on ice:
Snipe-Angle-600.png

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Did you grow up in a mud hut??? :laugh: I've never heard of anyone doing this LOL

These pucks are amazing for outdoor use though, they glide just like a puck on ice:
Snipe-Angle-600.png
I grew up in Brooklyn and those pucks didn't exist 40 years ago when I was playing pickup street hockey as a tweener. I'm telling you - electrical tape is a surprisingly effective puck on asphalt or concrete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad