News Article: Georgiev requests trade

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
He strikes me as the type of goalie that NEEDS a Benny or Mitch Korn type goalie coach in order to succeed.

On that note... Imagine he ended up in Carolina.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Been saying since last year that he should’ve been moved, Lundqvist playing to end of contract, etc…

Now we’ve got another year of Lundqvist’s buyout on the books and Georgiev’s value in the toilet with no leverage since he requested a trade. Another asset’s value run into the ground

Hank couldn’t have played anyway while his $1.5 million the books is irrelevant.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Well if he wanted a team to trade for him for a starter or 1A role, he probably should have played better.

Yeah, he wasn't exactly a world beater last season.
Been saying since last year that he should’ve been moved, Lundqvist playing to end of contract, etc…

Now we’ve got another year of Lundqvist’s buyout on the books and Georgiev’s value in the toilet with no leverage since he requested a trade. Another asset’s value run into the ground

What were we going to get for him? Can't see the return being better than a 2nd or 3rd. He didn't exactly dominate last season. I don't think we've lost so much value here. Goalies typically have little value and he wasn't a proven #1 so we were never getting a lot for him.

Reactions: NYRangers16

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah, that's probably it. Solid post.

It’s just a joke, hombre.

930A88DA-31B7-4F82-BDBF-7D03D583FAB5.jpeg

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
What were we going to get for him? Can't see the return being better than a 2nd or 3rd. He didn't exactly dominate last season. I don't think we've lost so much value here. Goalies typically have little value and he wasn't a proven #1 so we were never getting a lot for him.

More than whatever we’re going to get now. And last season wouldn’t have factored into his trade value - which would’ve been a good thing. Yeah, it might be 3rd instead of a 4th, or whatever, but the three goalie thing never made a lick of sense.

Reactions: NYRangers16

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Not trading Georgiev if we had the chance was definitely the wrong move but this team has a habit of holding onto assets for too long like grim death.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I was not impressed with him but until we have a better option I would keep him and hope he improves his value. I do not care what he requested. If he did not want to be here then do not sign a contract.

Reactions: Lays and LOFIN

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's not consistent enough to be a starter but I guess he's gonna have to run around the league a bit to figure that out.

Glad we are ridding ourselves of an unpopular player I guess.

Reactions: CasusBelli

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I like Georgiev a lot, completely understand his desire to go somewhere else where he has a better shot of competing for a 1/1A spot. Hope he succeeds, last season was a step back for him but it seems to be the norm these days for goalies to oscillate between good years and bad years.

Reactions: LOFIN

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Honestly with all the cap space we have this year I would trade him to the Oilers for Koskinen and their 1st round pick. Koskinen is terrible but we could bury him and have Kincaid or whoever back up Shest.

Assuming georgies value is a 2nd or 3rd and dumping Koskinen will cost them a 2nd. So 2 2nds is basically a middle to late 1st round pick and I would assume that's where the Oilers finish this upcoming year.

FYI Oilers don't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th this upcoming year so its possible they make that move.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I like Georgiev a lot, completely understand his desire to go somewhere else where he has a better shot of competing for a 1/1A spot. Hope he succeeds, last season was a step back for him but it seems to be the norm these days for goalies to oscillate between good years and bad years.
Yeah pretty much. He's good enough to work in an equal tandem IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad