News Article: Georgiev requests trade

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Personally, after hearing so much about Georgiev‘s “bad body language”, when I finally saw what it was I didn’t think it was much. My first thought was, actually, it was an in-joke between the two. Probably not, but also not sure it’s anything meaningful. And certainly nothing consequential.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Personally, after hearing so much about Georgiev‘s “bad body language”, when I finally saw what it was I didn’t think it was much. My first thought was, actually, it was an in-joke between the two. Probably not, but also not sure it’s anything meaningful. And certainly nothing consequential.
Yeah, I don’t know about that. This guy needs to be gone. Even if it’s an in joke, the coaches don’t feel comfortable playing him. Can’t have that on a team with playoff aspirations.

Reactions: kp61c

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, I don’t know about that. This guy needs to be gone. Even if it’s an in joke, the coaches don’t feel comfortable playing him. Can’t have that on a team with playoff aspirations.
Well, sure. That’s a different discussion. I agree wholeheartedly that he needs a fresh start and lots of ice somewhere else.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The hate goes to those late 90’s and early 2000’s guys who took the money then obviously mailed it in. I couldn’t stand Quintal, Kamensky, and as someone mentioned - bad Kovalev. I never minded Rosival or Malik who both became whipping guys for no apparent reason.

I wasn’t a big Gomez guy either. He was a Devil and always seemed way too happy when playing like garbage.

They were able to bury Redden so it was easy to forget about him. I never hated him ... I thought he just fell off a cliff. I never thought he mailed it in.

Georgiev just seems like a weirdo. I have no faith in him at this point. If Shesterkin goes down for a lengthy period then this team is in trouble. I’d go with Kinkaid for now and keep my ears open for a cheap vet.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
The last player that comes close to hating for me is probably Rich Pilon. Ex-Islander. Unironically was the model of a Pylon on ice.
Any "unanimously hated" statements are being sensationalist.
Lias, Kravy, Georgiev... disappointed is more on point for my feeling. Does AV want Georgiev?
Ohhh Rich Pilon is a good one! Dirty player, utterly useless on the ice, and never stopped thinking of him as an Islander.

Reactions: Barnaby and nyr2k2

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

no thats the same wave he gives to pucks flying past him

for real though he needs to go. not cause of this cause he just sucks at goalie. sure igor could care less about this miserable prick moping around

Reactions: kp61c

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Poti was so frustrating to watch, always seemed like he should be way more productive than he was. Just like Rozsival and Malik, among others, he also had a long and pretty successful career. He was never as bad as the Garden crowd treated him.
He was one of the worst defenders in the league.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Send Georgiev to Montreal in a deal for Jake Allen. An adequate veteran backup would be terrific behind Shesterkin.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The hate goes to those late 90’s and early 2000’s guys who took the money then obviously mailed it in. I couldn’t stand Quintal, Kamensky, ....

Keane and Cullen stand out as guys who came for the money and didn't care much about winning or fitting in, as NYR

but the guy who was the biggest mistake, the guy who I loathed signing, before he even pulled on the sweater - Brashear

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't know if there's ever been a player so unanimously hated by the fanbase.

Marek Malik caught a lot of shit from people.

A bunch of people from the old NYR site did a meetup at Cafe 31 many years ago. There was a contingency of posters from the old Rangers board that despised Malik. I guess he was just that years whipping boy. Maybe like 05 or 06. Later during that game, one of the posters finds himself getting interviewed by Trautwig in between periods.

Mic in his face, pic up on the Jumbotron Troutwig asks, "What do you think about the way the team is playing after the 1st period"
His response....Sillence for an uncomfortable 10 seconds, then he utters..."Ummm well, i F'n hate Marek Malik"

We ran into him later. We said..."you talk Rangers all day long on that site, and that's all you could say?"
He replied...I totally blew it and blanked when he put the mic in my face.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Marek Malik caught a lot of shit from people.

A bunch of people from the old NYR site did a meetup at Cafe 31 many years ago. There was a contingency of posters from the old Rangers board that despised Malik. I guess he was just that years whipping boy. Maybe like 05 or 06. Later during that game, one of the posters finds himself getting interviewed by Trautwig in between periods.

Mic in his face, pic up on the Jumbotron Troutwig asks, "What do you think about the way the team is playing after the 1st period"
His response....Sillence for an uncomfortable 10 seconds, then he utters..."Ummm well, i F'n hate Marek Malik"

We ran into him later. We said..."you talk Rangers all day long on that site, and that's all you could say?"
He replied...I totally blew it and blanked when he put the mic in my face.
I’d love to do a big HFNYR meetup one day, I’ve met AmazingKreiderman multiple times and Inferno once. We should do a little hockey tournament meetup so I can skate circles around all you old guys :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lion Hound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad