Geoff Molson - When will he understand?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting numbers in terms of actual salary on the books for next season...

- $60.4M of actual salary on the books for this next season.
- $16M of that already paid in bonues up front

Many teams trying to get down to $70M of budget and Habs already well below that. We can add a 10M salary and still at $70M. Things will change for 21/22 season though cause those UFA's will get bigger contracts with bonus money.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting numbers I gathered up quickly... There may be some errors cause I did this quick but I think I am close

* Does not factor in AHL salaries. And not all rosters complete yet. I'm assuming the $70M budget as a target during the Covid problem years includes the AHL salaries.
* Habs rank 20th in actual salary to be paid out
* Habs rank 10th in Signing Bonus money.
* 23% of the salaries have been paid for next season so far.
* NHL total Revenue for 18/19 was $5.09B. 50% of that is $2.545B. So far the NHL is below that number by about $620M. About 217 more contracts to be signed if all teams operate with 23 man rosters. So we have to assume there will be at least another $250M of contracts to be handed out. How much can they stay below the $2.545B matters cause that creates some wiggle room with limited fans in the seats.
* Jets the only NHL team with no signing bonuses. Does Laine ask for it? I'm sure he does!

ciPUCdq.png

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
Interesting numbers I gathered up quickly... There may be some errors cause I did this quick but I think I am close

* Does not factor in AHL salaries. And not all rosters complete yet. I'm assuming the $70M budget as a target during the Covid problem years includes the AHL salaries.
* Habs rank 20th in actual salary to be paid out
* Habs rank 10th in Signing Bonus money.
* 23% of the salaries have been paid for next season so far.
* NHL total Revenue for 18/19 was $5.09B. 50% of that is $2.545B. So far the NHL is below that number by about $620M. About 217 more contracts to be signed if all teams operate with 23 man rosters. So we have to assume there will be at least another $250M of contracts to be handed out. How much can they stay below the $2.545B matters cause that creates some wiggle room with limited fans in the seats.
* Jets the only NHL team with no signing bonuses. Does Laine ask for it? I'm sure he does!

ciPUCdq.png
Holy Christ look at the Toronto make me laughs

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Anger, frustration, annoyance. You speak as if you hold the sole truth and if anyone disagrees with you they are making these boards intolerable. Maybe you have daddy issues, I don’t know, but if I don’t like the way a conversation is going or if a find something miserable I tend to stay away from it, but everyone is different.

I felt no emotion writing any of these posts. As cold as it gets. You seem to be taking this an order of magnitude more seriously than I am, but I concede I might be wrong on this one.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Jeeze, use a little imagination...

You're the choir boy, Geoff's the preist

Oh ok.

Interesting that you use a choir metaphor, since according to Google's definition, a choir is:

an organized group of singers, typically one that takes part in church services or performs regularly in public.

To me it seems that you guys are a choir, and Geoff is the devil.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I felt no emotion writing any of these posts. As cold as it gets. You seem to be taking this an order of magnitude more seriously than I am, but I concede I might be wrong on this one.
Yet you felt the need to tell everyone that disagreed with you that they were emotional. Hypocrite much? There is nothing to take serious here. I didn’t agree with you, so I called you out. Time to move on?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yet you felt the need to tell everyone that disagreed with you that they were emotional. Hypocrite much? There is nothing to take serious here. I didn’t agree with you, so I called you out. Time to move on?

I'm not the one displaying a long-lasting pattern here. I almost never post in this section. I merely noted that such a pattern existed and was suspicious.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
His biggest trade was Subban for Weber.
I don't think so, he knew what was going and what was coming, two solid players trading places, he was not going to lose big on that trade. The Sergachev trade was for a probable value piece, for what was a risky piece, but french. I think he risked far more on the later trade. Unfortunately he was not held responsible for his bad judgement.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't think so, he knew what was going and what was coming, two solid players trading places, he was not going to lose big on that trade. The Sergachev trade was for a probable value piece, for what was a risky piece, but french. I think he risked far more on the later trade. Unfortunately he was not held responsible for his bad judgement.

The real problem with Drouin was putting him at centre when he was acquired. Huge mistake. He should had been put on LW where he belongs. The guy, not only had to face the media and fans expectations, but also play in a position he did not really know.

CHwest

May 24, 2011
The real problem with Drouin was putting him at centre when he was acquired. Huge mistake. He should had been put on LW where he belongs.
The real problem with Drouin is that he likes the idea of being a hockey player and all that comes with it, but he is not really invested in being all that he can be. I find his work ethic very questionable. He goes through the motions a lot, then he has an inspired few games, but soon falls into just getting by. He could use a little of his junior mates Mackinnon's desire to be the best that he can be.

Reactions: BLONG7

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The real problem with Drouin was putting him at centre when he was acquired. Huge mistake. He should had been put on LW where he belongs. The guy, not only had to face the media and fans expectations, but also play in a position he did not really know.
As far as I know, he's been back on the wing for 2 years and he still sucks. What's his (your) excuse now?

Jul 6, 2016
As far as I know, he's been back on the wing for 2 years and he still sucks. What's his (your) excuse now?

Last October he started very well, got injured (two injuries), came back out of shape and sync... Played quite well in these Playoffs with Suzuki.

CHwest

May 24, 2011
Last October he started very well, got injured (two injuries), came back out of shape and sync... Played quite well in these Playoffs with Suzuki.
As much as I dislike him, I hope he can carry that forward. We could use him.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Drouin had a couple good games with Suzuki at the end. Other than that he didn’t play well at all in the playoffs.

Reactions: barbu and Frank JT

Jul 6, 2016
Sure but we got that pick and traded it and then got Norlinder. So we don't have Norlinder without that pick.

Norlinder is not at NHL level yet. He is barely starting in the Swedish top league. Let's wait and see. But habs took a huge risk trading (if they were loving him so much) a second for a third. So many, many other teams thought Norlinder was nothing special and did not care to draft him.

Jul 6, 2016
As much as I dislike him, I hope he can carry that forward. We could use him.

I was not crazy at all about the trade. Giving your top D prospect is a very risky business. We saw it in the past with the McDonagh for Gomez trade. But Drouin was an amazing player in the Q ( drafted 3rd Overall) and was seeming to reach his potential during his last Playoffs with TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad