Geoff Molson - When will he understand?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lots of haters ITT. I reject all your claims and the emotional content behind it with the back of my hand. Looks like a lot of people are using the team and management as targets to project their life frustration on. Fair enough. Whatever works. Don't bring me into it though.

Do you guys really hate Molson, or is it more like you hate your parents and use Molson as a more acceptable target? Someone please call Doc Mailloux in here, we might have a subconscious problem in the place.

Doc Mailloux is as close to be a real physiologist as my 84 years old mon is to be a pole dancer ...

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'M just going to avoid commenting on your analogy, to be polite, and just ask yourself this question....What has this team proved to you under his leadership? What did Molson do? What were his credentials to begin with? And if he didn'T need credentials to be an owner, how about recognizing from the start that you don't know hockey and name a president of hockey operations. Instead of asking your GM to autoevaluate himself on the great job he's doing.....

The team proved nothing but then again I wouldn't expect any other GM to have done better with what we had. It looked great on paper but in reality it was a mirage. I'm waiting to see what they can do when they actually build the team from scratch, and I like very much what I'm seeing, now that Timmins got his head out of his ass and started scoring on most of his top picks. Bergevin is an ace trader, holy I wouldn't want my team to trade AGAINST him.

Anyway, I like that Molson kept Bergevin against an hurricane of winds. He was under immense pressure to fire him and he kept the stability. I like that he's a local too, and to be honest I kindda have a natural sympathy for the guy too, something you can't really explain.

It is far from perfect but few are. I think they're a strong management team compared to what is around the league. Have to judge based on the cards dealt. The cards looked good so he went on a few streets but ultimately he realized he'd lose the hand so he mucked and reshuffled.

Slightly off-topic, but That's why I maintain my "homerun theory" for draft picks. You only need to score 1 or 2 or 3 of those and it changes everything, so you must aim for those and not pick "safe picks" all the time. That's how teams reset quickly.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lots of haters ITT. I reject all your claims and the emotional content behind it with the back of my hand. Looks like a lot of people are using the team and management as targets to project their life frustration on. Fair enough. Whatever works. Don't bring me into it though.

Do you guys really hate Molson, or is it more like you hate your parents and use Molson as a more acceptable target? Someone please call Doc Mailloux in here, we might have a subconscious problem in the place.
Gold Jerry, pure gold...
On a somewhat related topic, what kind of kool-aid is your favorite flavor?

Reactions: Pickles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gold Jerry, pure gold...
On a somewhat related topic, what kind of kool-aid is your favorite flavor?

Never get tired of Seinfeld references.

200.gif

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Molson hangs on to our GM for one main reason his ability to nickle and dime the fan base, sell it, and walk away unscathed by the media. Does anyone think a GM of a different language could have gotten away with the historic lows we've suffered through? At the same time the ire would necessarily have graduated a level to the top dog.

Molson doesn't give a shit about hockey. He only cares about recouping the costs of his investment. I was one of those taken in by him believing he was a fan of the sport and of the Habs in particular. In reality he looks at the franchise as just another stock in his portfolio. The presidency is his dividend and he isn't going to give it up.

Agree with all this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: Rapala

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
The team proved nothing but then again I wouldn't expect any other GM to have done better with what we had. It looked great on paper but in reality it was a mirage. I'm waiting to see what they can do when they actually build the team from scratch, and I like very much what I'm seeing, now that Timmins got his head out of his ass and started scoring on most of his top picks. Bergevin is an ace trader, holy I wouldn't want my team to trade AGAINST him.

Anyway, I like that Molson kept Bergevin against an hurricane of winds. He was under immense pressure to fire him and he kept the stability. I like that he's a local too, and to be honest I kindda have a natural sympathy for the guy too, something you can't really explain.

It is far from perfect but few are. I think they're a strong management team compared to what is around the league. Have to judge based on the cards dealt. The cards looked good so he went on a few streets but ultimately he realized he'd lose the hand so he mucked and reshuffled.

Slightly off-topic, but That's why I maintain my "homerun theory" for draft picks. You only need to score 1 or 2 or 3 of those and it changes everything, so you must aim for those and not pick "safe picks" all the time. That's how teams reset quickly.

His biggest trade was with Tampa, he got fleeced badly. A future stud for a local headcase.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

he's amazing, except when he isnt, but then it's not his fault.

cards dealt... a decade ago :help:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

If you don't like the conversation, feel free to ignore it. Molson was a terrible ownership group before Gillette and they're terrible owner now. A team as rich as the Canadiens sitting on ~10m in capspace each year is unacceptable. He sucks and this has nothing to do with anyone's parents.

As far as MB being a good gm, it's laughable, he's been here 8 years and all he has accomplished is taken this team the furthest from contention that it's ever been.

He's presided over two of the biggest collapses in team history and has the worst results in team history, but he's actually really good and all those problems are from the GM before him. GTFO of here with your horseshit. He's ridiculed because he sucks and his results have been atrocious. He likely has the most 8 game losing streaks in a single season too, I'd have to look it up, but he's in unprecedented territory for all the wrong reasons.

He wishes he had half the class/talent as Bob Gainey, but he doesn't and he's directly responsible for the shape of this club. The more he left his mark, the worse we got.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles and Rapala

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If you don't like the conversation, feel free to ignore it. Molson was a terrible ownership group before Gillette and they're terrible owner now. A team as rich as the Canadiens sitting on ~10m in capspace each year is unacceptable. He sucks and this has nothing to do with anyone's parents.

As far as MB being a good gm, it's laughable, he's been here 8 years and all he has accomplished is taken this team the furthest from contention that it's ever been.

He's presided over two of the biggest collapses in team history and has the worst results in team history, but he's actually really good and all those problems are from the GM before him. GTFO of here with your horseshit. He's ridiculed because he sucks and his results have been atrocious. He likely has the most 8 game losing streaks in a single season too, I'd have to look it up, but he's in unprecedented territory for all the wrong reasons.

He wishes he had half the class/talent as Bob Gainey, but he doesn't and he's directly responsible for the shape of this club. The more he left his mark, the worse we got.

Likewise, if you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them.

That you guys don't see how toxic this board has become is bordering on delusional. Even though the post you quoted was mostly a joke, I was probably on to something. Such a level of hatred is abnormal and hints at deeper issues.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

That you guys don't see how toxic this board has become is bordering on delusional. Even though the post you quoted was mostly a joke, I was probably on to something. Such a level of hatred is abnormal and hints at deeper issues.
Nope, not at all, the gm and owner have been bad, stating so doesn’t mean anyone has issues. Theyre paying money for a product that has been underperforming for years, they have a right to voice their opinion. You wanting to silence them makes no sense. Them complaining about the failures of management has no influence on your well-being. I think your post is so far off base that I don’t understand how you could ever believe it, but I don’t get mad at you for feeling that way. I don’t agree, that’s what this place is for, debate. This idea that if we all just held hands and agreed with everything management does and all of the sudden this would be a better place to be is absurd.

The posters here, for the most part are highly intelligent and more knowledgeable than any other board you can find. If you find it so unbearable why are you here??

Reactions: Pickles and zeeto

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Nope, not at all, the gm and owner have been bad, stating so doesn’t mean anyone has issues. Theyre paying money for a product that has been underperforming for years, they have a right to voice their opinion. You wanting to silence them makes no sense. Them complaining about the failures of management has no influence on your well-being. I think your post is so far off base that I don’t understand how you could ever believe it, but I don’t get mad at you for feeling that way. I don’t agree, that’s what this place is for, debate. This idea that if we all just held hands and agreed with everything management does and all of the sudden this would be a better place to be is absurd.

The posters here, for the most part are highly intelligent and more knowledgeable than any other board you can find. If you find it so unbearable why are you here??

I have over 20k posts on this message board, most of it in the HOH section which is the main reason why I'm here. However, since I'm a Montreal native and long-time Montreal Canadiens fan, I come on its sub-board from time to time, because it's my team.

Intelligence and knowledge pales in comparison to the grips of emotions. I don't care how intelligent or knowledgable they are, when it becomes impossible to praise any move without recapitulating all the negatives at every single turn, it's emotional, not rational. Almost everyone in Montreal is knowledgable about hockey; a crap ton of us did our entire MAG and played all our minor hockey all the way to the garage league, and I'm sure more posters than we'd expect played at a high level or coached. It's not about that and never was.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I have over 20k posts on this message board, most of it in the HOH section which is the main reason why I'm here. However, since I'm a Montreal native and long-time Montreal Canadiens fan, I come on its sub-board from time to time, because it's my team.

Intelligence and knowledge pales in comparison to the grips of emotions. I don't care how intelligent or knowledgable they are, when it becomes impossible to praise any move without recapitulating all the negatives at every single turn, it's emotional, not rational. Almost everyone in Montreal is knowledgable about hockey; a crap ton of us did our entire MAG and played all our minor hockey all the way to the garage league, and I'm sure more posters than we'd expect played at a high level or coached. It's not about that and never was.
I think you’re speaking with emotion. I seen good moves met with praise here when they are warranted. The fact remains, this GM has done very little to merit praise. The Pacioretty trade for example is applauded by everyone.

forgive us for not jumping up and down when we trade for a 4.5 m backup or signup a 6 dman 4 x 3.5m, it’s these small little moves that will have us treading water forever.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think your speaking with emotion. I seen good moves met with praise here when they are warranted. The fact remains, this GM has done very little to merit praise. The Pacioretty trade for example is applauded by everyone.

forgive us for not jumping up and down when we trade for a 4.5 m backup or signup a 6 dman 4 x 3.5m, it’s these small little moves that will have us treading water forever.
MB has lowered the standards so badly, that his fanboys think he is amazing at his job, when we miss the playoffs by 2 pts. It's good to know that he can throw $hit against the wall, and every now and them some stick, but to give him credit for a good move here and there, while the past FIVE years of failure is obvious, makes no sense.
This is NOT a good GM. He has had 8 years with training wheels and still seems to struggle riding the bike.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think your speaking with emotion. I seen good moves met with praise here when they are warranted. The fact remains, this GM has done very little to merit praise. The Pacioretty trade for example is applauded by everyone.

What emotion is that?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

There has always been an Ideological divide on this board. If you can't understand how the current regime starting and not ending with the owner has exacerbated it and is directly responsible for the toxicity found herein I really have nothing for you.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What emotion is that?
Anger, frustration, annoyance. You speak as if you hold the sole truth and if anyone disagrees with you they are making these boards intolerable. Maybe you have daddy issues, I don’t know, but if I don’t like the way a conversation is going or if a find something miserable I tend to stay away from it, but everyone is different.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anger, frustration, annoyance. You speak as if you hold the sole truth and if anyone disagrees with you they are making these boards intolerable. Maybe you have daddy issues, I don’t know, but if I don’t like the way a conversation is going or if a find something miserable I tend to stay away from it, but everyone is different.
Not everyone likes kool aid........hard for a few to understand.
The Habs are a passion for most of us.........the Bergevin years have had almost none of that.....sad place to be for the organization without holding the clown accountable. His first 3 years, I found myself making excuses for him and giving him the benefit of doubt, the last 5 years not so much. He has been in over his head the entire time. The results are the proof. It's hard to hear for some reason by a select few.
Mol$on is the enabler......and so it continues...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad