Geoff Molson - When will he understand?

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I mean..

I think its pretty much unanimous around here, Geoff is not the right person to be handling the Canadiens President role.

now the question is..

how can we make an impact and make him realise the Canadiens need him to step down as President.

We need someone who knows hockey at all levels to know how our GM is actually running the hockey operations and is doing good job or not.

Methods? please let me know how your are handling this?

I have personally been active on social media by being a Habs detractor of Bergevin and Geoff Molson specificaly, have not been buying Habs merchandise either those are my main ways so far.

I gonna be honest I have that nasty feeling in my gut now, when I think about the Habs.. when they used to be my most cherish hobby for most of my life..

I dont want to eliminate such a glorious entity of my memory.. but they make me consider it so many times lately.. the lack of tranparency and the lack desire this organisation had for the last 5 years or so.. are really too much for me..

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I mean..

I think its pretty much unanimous around here, Geoff is not the right person to be handling the Canadiens President role.

now the question is..

how can we make an impact and make him realise the Canadiens need him to step down as President.

We need someone who knows hockey at all levels to know how our GM is actually running the hockey operations and is doing good job or not.

Methods? please let me know how your are handling this?

I have personally been active on social media by being a Habs detractor specially of Bergevin and Geoff Molson specifically, havent buying Habs merchandise wither thode are my main ways..

I gonna be honest I have that nasty feeling in my gut now when I think about the Habs.. when they used to be my most cherrish hobby for most of my life..

I dont want to eliminate such a glorious entiry of my memory.. but they make me consider it so many times lately.. the lack of tranparency and the lack desire this organisation had for the last 5 years or so.. are really too much for me..

I mean it would help having two hockey heads. So i agree. But still, if we get a bad president, he could continually hire bad GM's.

One name I'd consider as president is Bob Gainey.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Only way he will understand when people stop going to the Bell Center + merchandise sales drop + TV ratings drop significantly, i.e when it hits his wallet.

It baffles me how many people are still going to the Bell center to watch this awful team.
Exactly!! I live almost eight hours away. My friends organize a weekend trip every year to go to Montreal for a game or two. They spend a pile of money on tickets, merchandise, and food etc, not to mention hotel rooms close to the Bell Centre. They always ask me to go, and my answer is always the same... maybe I’ll go when a heck of a lot changes.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I doubt he hires a president. Floated this before but he should hire a consultant(s). Someone or a small group with an extensive background at high management levels in hockey to review the entire organization, top to bottom and make recommendations. Needs to be someone with no connection to Bergevin or the team.

And maybe this process is underway or planned. Otherwise I guess all is good here and there is nothing to see, everything is on schedule. If Molson is looking at his organization critically though, he must see room for improvement.

Reactions: Fixxer

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
once you realize that it is not a cherrished hobby but a bad habit, you finally will be liberated. ;)
Your post might be sarcastic but I'll still chime in since you talked about it. I think it's beneficial when you enjoy a sport and grow a passion for it. It pumps up the adrenaline in big moments and brings people together. The problem might be when you're too invested emotionally to it, as at the end of the day, it's still just a sport.

I like hockey, and like to cherish for a team. It's impossible for me to enjoy it when the management of my team is incompetent and doesn't care about its fans. A hockey team is a company, the fans are the customers and I won't spend a dime and more of my time for a company with no leadership whatsoever.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Money talks. It's all and only about cash.
There's that and he possibly likes to have a say, which he couldn't have as much as "only" the owner.
He gets to talk with Bergevin basically every day. He's not concerned with the results though...

Reactions: mtl_felix

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
There's that and he possibly likes to have a say, which he couldn't have as much as "only" the owner.
He gets to talk with Bergevin basically every day. He's not concerned with the results though...
Man would i love to hear that conversation

Reactions: Fixxer

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
will never understand until he's hit in the pocket book, or major indifference sets in and then maybe the board removes him as prez. he aint resigning and he isn't selling. he's only like 50 and habs have already increased in value by like a BILLION since he bought them

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Eventually he will do it like Katz did. Pres of hockey ops is hired for search for a new gm. He is too spinless to give a boot for MB.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
The team is middle of the pack, alright. But there's teams in much worse shape than us, I feel some of you guys think we are the only team out there. It's not a black and white thing. It's as if there's only two ways to build a team here, either you are all in to compete or you're all in for draft pick. It's not freaking junior hockey...

Bergevin won the Weber trade, he won the Paccioretty trade, he won the Domi trade, he won the Shaw trade, he got us Armia basically for free and he made a bunch of small trades that were alright or at least not devastating. Drouin trade was at a wash, or he did loose that one by a bit, but Sergachev's not Lidstrom. These are all his major trades going back 4 years ago. That's what should be relevant now to this discussion.

You may criticize the drafting, fair enough. You may criticize the direction of the team, fair enough, even though I disagree. You may criticize Bergevin for being arrogant and for looking a bit dumb when he talks, fair enough. You may criticize Julien too, I think he's miles ahead of Therrien, but anyway there's probably a better coach somewhere... But you guys gotta bring some nuance here.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
As long as the rink is full , he doesn’t care. I’m not sure how much this franchise Even adds or takes from the corporate balance sheet anyways.

Reactions: cphabs and Habs13

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The team is middle of the pack, alright. But there's teams in much worse shape than us, I feel some of you guys think we are the only team out there. It's not a black and white thing. It's as if there's only two ways to build a team here, either you are all in to compete or you're all in for draft pick. It's not freaking junior hockey...

Bergevin won the Weber trade, he won the Paccioretty trade, he won the Domi trade, he won the Shaw trade, he got us Armia basically for free and he made a bunch of small trades that were alright or at least not devastating. Drouin trade was at a wash, or he did loose that one by a bit, but Sergachev's not Lidstrom. There are all his major trades going back 4 years ago. That's what should be relevant now to this discussion.

You may criticize the drafting, fair enough. You may criticize the direction of the team, fair enough, even though I disagree. You may criticize Bergevin for being arrogant and for looking a bit dumb when he talks, fair enough. You may criticize Julien too, I think he's miles ahead of Therrien, but anyway there's probably a better coach somewhere... But you guys gotta bring some nuance here.

Hey guys, bring some nuance would ya !

Worst drafting record in franchise history.

Historic lows for both the farm club and big club.

Multiple holes in the lineup with no plan to improve them.

And look how many trades he won:

He got us a 50 point one dimensional winger for a 50 point one dimensional winger.
He got us a 50 point no.1 RD for a 60 point no.1D.
He traded a concussion probe player for a second and third... After trading him for a 2 high 2nds.
He traded a guy who's already one of the best PP defenseman and already on the top pairing at 21, for a moody one dimensional 50 point winger (this is only losing by a bit LOL).

The goggles on some of you.

There are many ways to build a team. MB is choosing none of them, that's the problem here. Trading for middle six midgets, accumulating rejects and having one of the worst drafting and farm clubs in the league while staying in the middle will not work.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Hey guys, bring some nuance would ya !

Worst drafting record in franchise history.

Historic lows for both the farm club and big club.

Multiple holes in the lineup with no plan to improve them.

And look how many trades he won:

He got us a 50 point one dimensional winger for a 50 point one dimensional winger.
He got us a 50 point no.1 RD for a 60 point no.1D.
He traded a concussion probe player for a second and third... After trading him for a 2 high 2nds.
He traded a guy who's already one of the best PP defenseman and already on the top pairing at 21, for a moody one dimensional 50 point winger (this is only losing by a bit LOL).

The goggles on some of you.

There are many ways to build a team. MB is choosing none of them, that's the problem here. Trading for middle six midgets, accumulating rejects and having one of the worst drafting and farm clubs in the league while staying in the middle will not work.

What's the first trade you're talking about? Tatar and Paccio? Tatar's not one dimensional and we got Suzuki who's basically our first center. Or you're talking about Domi-Galchenyuk, which would make no sense too as Galchenyuk isn't worth much anymore.

The second one you're talking about Subban being a 60pts D. He's hit it once in his career (came close another time). He had 31 last year and 13 now.

But I've got goggles, sure.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad