News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Problem is Molson won’t sell the team. Not only has his purchase been very profitable, there’s a legacy aspect to it as his family (family’s company) owned the team previously. He’s also fairly young. Expect the idiocy to continue for a while.

I don’t even bother tuning into games the majority of times, whereas 10 years ago I wouldn’t have missed a single game. I can’t be the only one. But there’s still 21,000 people willing to go 41 times a year.

I am in the same boat. I never ever used to miss a game, while last 2-3 years I don't think I ever watched a complete game (except that one time with a bunch of other Habs fans at someone's house). And that's only cause there were some killer chicken wings and plenty of beverages.

Reactions: le_sean

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We shouldn't expect a President of Hockey Ops until the management team is fired. They will not bring one in to suddenly be the bridge between GM and owner. After 8 years of Molson and MB working close together, if Molson brings in a President, then it's kind of saying that he feels MB needs more supervision. And the day he decides that is the day he will no longer trust MB. He won't keep him on board if he doesn't trust him in his work.

So a President of Hockey Ops will only come in if/when he gets rid of MB.
So not for another 7-8 years at least, it seems.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Maybe we suck and remain mediocre because that's where they want to be. Most of the team consists of castoffs from other NHL clubs, we haven't drafted or developed any above-average players during Bergevin's tenure and there isn't really anything big on the way now either and it's freakin year 8! It has to be on purpose, there is no other way to spin it. A respected GM would have built more than this in 2 years let alone 8! It will remain this way and 5 years from now, those that actually still care will be having the same conversations, the same frustrations and nothing will have changed.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Bergevin isn't in danger of being fired never has been . Fans need to stop listening to the media.

Good point....He has more job security than Bill Belichick and Jerry West combined....

I know West isn't s GM anymore but you get my point...Lol

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I honestly think if the Habs make the playoffs in the next couple of seasons (by normal means) Bergevin will get extended.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don’t even bother tuning into games the majority of times, whereas 10 years ago I wouldn’t have missed a single game. I can’t be the only one. But there’s still 21,000 people willing to go 41 times a year.

I am in the same boat. I never ever used to miss a game, while last 2-3 years I don't think I ever watched a complete game (except that one time with a bunch of other Habs fans at someone's house). And that's only cause there were some killer chicken wings and plenty of beverages.

Not only is the team lousy, but there isn’t really anyone on the team worth tuning in to watch. I suppose it was nice to see Suzuki develop last season, but other than that?

Consider that danault is the #1 center, or chiarot was on top pairing, or Weber’s the all-star pick, or Armia’s play was one of few bright spots .... these are signs of a boring team, which we could live with if they won.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
2014 run as well. I would argue we had a realistic shot in 2014, compared to 2010.

Agreed. They actually had a more legit chance in 2014. In 2010 you could see they were out of gas in the semis. If not for Price injury I think we would have got into the Finals in 2014. Heck we won two games with that noname kid Tokarski, imagine with Price.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Are we the Cleveland Browns of the NHL, or the Cincinnati Bengals?

At least the Bungals ended up getting Burrow. Must be nice, maybe we can try tanking once but I think Molson is more concerned about hot dogs

Reactions: Ozmodiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad