Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He is on the IR and IIRC is about 1-2 weeks away. I'd say there's a 90% chance he goes back down when he's healthy.

eenok*

not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when he´s healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

vatanen, anaheim ducks..deal with it and sing his name along! :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when he´s healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Al

Jun 14, 2005
not true. obvious troll. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when he´s healthy.

I think Sami has a ton of offensive upside, As I also think Cam Fowler has a ton of offensive ability, Iwas wondering who should the Ducks play once Sami is healthy? I see that Fowler isnt playing either

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I think Sami has a ton of offensive upside, As I also think Cam Fowler has a ton of offensive ability, Iwas wondering who should the Ducks play once Sami is healthy? I see that Fowler isnt playing either

Fowler's ill.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Fowler has the flu. In regards to your question, there is no question: Fowler is the easy choice. He is well ahead of Vatanen at this point.

The problem for Vatanen is that he has zero NHL experience, and is still fairly one-dimensional. Furthermore, Anaheim's blue line looks pretty set. Excluding injuries, where does he fit? I just don't see a place for him in the line-up at the moment(barring a trade), and I think we can all agree that it would be wasteful to make him our 7th D.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah. It would be a waste of Vatanen's talent to keeping the bench warm as opposed to receiving top pairing minutes down in the AHL. Especially when we had that discussion about how defensemen need to acclimate to the NA ice and once they acclimate, they have to improve their skills on said ice. There is no real need to bring up Vatanen, but it's a good move by the org to keep Vatanen up with the NHL club with NHL facilities and staff. Heck, the ability to focus on NHL defensive play mentally with a coach or a Scotty is a valuable learning experience. With hopes that it can translate down at the AHL.

eenok*

vatanen WILL PLAY FOR ANAHEIM as soon as he is helthy. the coaches have decided this long time ago. he will be given a keerole. PP and lots of icetime. trust me

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
vatanen WILL PLAY FOR ANAHEIM as soon as he is helthy. the coaches have decided this long time ago. he will be given a keerole. PP and lots of icetime. trust me

So who does he replace then? We already have 6 NHL caliber guys, which one sits?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
lol no. vatanen is not cracking our roster right now. there is absolutely NO NEED for him to. give him 1st line minutes in the AHL.

once fowler comes back we're set. those 3 d pairings are solid

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
lol no. vatanen is not cracking our roster right now. there is absolutely NO NEED for him to. give him 1st line minutes in the AHL.

once fowler comes back we're set. those 3 d pairings are solid

I think that Vatanen's best shot at getting some game time would have been last night, with Fowler out sick. Considering Fowler's attributes, it seems to me that Vatanen would have made more sense than Hendry to help make up for the loss of Fowler, since puck movement and offense is really where Vatanen's strengths lie.

Of course, with Vatanen injured that wasn't going to happen, but I think that would have been the type of situation where I believe we'd have seen Vatanen get some ice time.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm not so sure Vatanen would even be with the team now if he weren't hurt. Being injured, they brought him to camp for the experience, not to make the team. Since he can't yet play, he might as well hang with the big dogs since he's already here. If he had been healthy he would have been sent back to Norfolk at the end of camp.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
They aint sending him to AHL. If they do, he should pack his bags and go to KHL, where he will dominate on the bigger ice and make more money.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
They aint sending him to AHL. If they do, he should pack his bags and go to KHL, where he will dominate on the bigger ice and make more money.

He has a contract in the NHL. Even if he packed his bags, he would be suspended for play in the KHL. Whatever the Ducks' plan for him is, he has committed to it and will have to work through it. But who am I telling, Sami most certainly already knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad