Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eenok*

anaheim - vancouver 0-5

vatanen needed. hope he´ll get well soon

im not trolling, just letting you guys know what i see. i think if a player plays a defensive roll it´s really important HE IS a player that does that job 100 percent and IS NOT a player type that makes misstakes, hazards.

i dont think sbisa is any good player. catastrofal for any team that lets this player take care of defense. i said last year too and i saw him destroy the teams chanches for playoff, but then again guys like you didnt see this...but then again, there arent many that understand hockey. i know what i see an im verey surprised that people dont see this clear things. i think lydman is abit questionable too...and hiller...hes not good either..

all the best.

hope vatanen is brought to the team as soon hes healthy. he should stunt BIG ICETIME and HUGE ROLE with mucho PPtime and also DEFENSIVEjob

all the best as i said

/ EENOK /IL, Finland

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, let's put Vatanen in goal, in defence and upfront all at once.

Everyone clap your hands, sing his name. VATAAAAAAAAAAAANEN! VATANEN!

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
anaheim - vancouver 0-5

vatanen needed. hope he´ll get well soon

im not trolling, just letting you guys know what i see. i think if a player plays a defensive roll it´s really important HE IS a player that does that job 100 percent and IS NOT a player type that makes misstakes, hazards.
i dont think sbisa is any good player. catastrofal for any team that lets this player take care of defense. i said last year too and i saw him destroy the teams chanches for playoff, but then again guys like you didnt see this...but then again, there arent many that understand hockey. i know what i see an im verey surprised that people dont see this clear things. i think lydman is abit questionable too...and hiller...hes not good either..

all the best.

hope vatanen is brought to the team as soon hes healthy. he should stunt BIG ICETIME and HUGE ROLE with mucho PPtime and also DEFENSIVEjob

all the best as i said

/ EENOK /IL, Finland

Pretty ironic considering that you're arguing for Vatanen (One of the biggest risk takers/mistake-prone defenders on Norfolk this year)

eenok*

vatanen 33games w 23 points first year playing, surfing the AHL some

vatanen is fast, smart, strong. yes HE IS genious all over the ice.

NHL BIG ROLE READY YES. was so last year too. and nhl ready 2 years ago.

i would be very good for anaheim organisation, in player advise,picking etc.. can i search job here?

EENOK/ IL, Finland

Last edited by a moderator:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
vatanen 33games w 23 points first year playing, surfing the AHL some

vatanen is fast, smart, strong. yes HE IS genious all over the ice.

NHL BIG ROLE READY YES. was so last year too. and nhl ready 2 years ago.

EENOK/ IL, Finland
Strong?:laugh:

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Uh oh, I hope Vatanen doesn't end up being disliked on this board because of one poster... :P

Last edited:

eenok*

anaheim - vancouver 0 - 5

anaheim home team

what IS wrong?

obvious something is needed. vatanen

EENOK/IL, Finland

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I have to give a disclaimer, that while Finnish people usually like Vatanen, not all of us are like that.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
anaheim - vancouver 0 - 5

anaheim home team

what IS wrong?

obvious something is needed. vatanen

EENOK/IL, Finland

What is wrong is Anaheim took too many penalties. Vatanen doesn't help Anaheim last night.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I have to admit I was one of the posters who thought Vatanen could take a spot in the NHL from the get go. But watching the AHL games I have started to think Vatanen might become a Nummelin type of d-man. A star in big ice, an average AHL player. He just hasn't been able to even bring the offense in the AHL, let alone his defensive game. Sad to say, but I'm starting to lose my faith in Vatanen ever being able to become a productive NHL player. Well at least it's not like he would be the first 4th round prospect to bust.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Full time NHL player:
Dan Boyle 24y and 86 days
Brian Rafalski 26y 4d
Lubomir Visnovsky 24y 56d

Point being, writing off Sami at the young age of 21 and after half a season where he was injured twice is unwise.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I have to admit I was one of the posters who thought Vatanen could take a spot in the NHL from the get go. But watching the AHL games I have started to think Vatanen might become a Nummelin type of d-man. A star in big ice, an average AHL player. He just hasn't been able to even bring the offense in the AHL, let alone his defensive game. Sad to say, but I'm starting to lose my faith in Vatanen ever being able to become a productive NHL player. Well at least it's not like he would be the first 4th round prospect to bust.

Honestly I don't think you can even call a 4th rounder a bust. At the moment Vatanen has more trade value than a 4th round pick, that alone is enough of a reason to not call him a bust.

I still have faith in him having a career in the NHL.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
23 points in 34 games for a defenseman. That's what Sami has done in his rookie year in the AHL at 21.

He's done fine offensively, and I'm willing to give him at least 2 more years to develop.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I can't believe where this Sami talk is headed. He comes off IR, goes straight to the AHL instead of the NHL and now some people have decided he was over rated? He might still end up being over rated but it won't be because he didn't make the team out of camp his first year in NA.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I can't believe where this Sami talk is headed. He comes off IR, goes straight to the AHL instead of the NHL and now some people have decided he was over rated? He might still end up being over rated but it won't be because he didn't make the team out of camp his first year in NA.

Yeah it's weird. And there is a decent chance he will get called up at some point this season. (in case of injuries for example)

Ducksgo*

Honestly I don't think you can even call a 4th rounder a bust. At the moment Vatanen has more trade value than a 4th round pick, that alone is enough of a reason to not call him a bust.

I still have faith in him having a career in the NHL.

I have no clue how the hell you call a 4th rounder a bust in Sami Vatanen. I agree with you. Everything after the 3rd round maybe even 2ND Round! Is up in the air talent wise.

When you draft after round 2 your looking at depth players and maybe a diamond in the rough. I think Sami exceeded our managements and fans expectations. Good for him!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I think this is going from one extreme to another. Superstar to bust. There's a middle ground for Vatanen. He just needs some more time.

gogo78

Jan 27, 2013
Sami count +2 and 2 PP pass last night. Maybe not dump man yet.
He is quite good backup for our PP D. So if any of them inj. It's time to call Sami up. Let him play big minutes in down and grow.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Yeah, people are ****ing nutso so far this season. It's like since the season is short, everyone is cramming a full season's worth of overreacting in.

Vatanen's a rookie. He's coming along. He damn near DID make the team. That's a ****ing bust?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, people are ****ing nutso so far this season. It's like since the season is short, everyone is cramming a full season's worth of overreacting in.

Vatanen's a rookie. He's coming along. He damn near DID make the team. That's a ****ing bust?

Yeah, and now that he is back up I guess his career has been resurrected once again. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad