Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
or family. ;)
finn-family-moomintroll.jpg

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when he´s healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

vatanen, anaheim ducks..deal with it and sing his name along! :yo:

Please stop. You're only making yourself look like an idiot and embarrassing Sami and his family while at it. Geez.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
It is still weird for europeans that the players can sign a contract for play in a league better than the one at home and with better play.. And then end up playing in a league that at best is on par but with worse travel and way worse pay.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It is still weird for europeans that the players can sign a contract for play in a league better than the one at home and with better play.. And then end up playing in a league that at best is on par but with worse travel and way worse pay.

Playing in the NHL is never a guarantee. Vatanen needs to show that his addition will make the Ducks better, and that he deserves a spot ahead of a current rostered player. He just hasn't done that yet. Anaheim thinks highly of him, though. They'll give him a shot when they feel he is ready, or an injury gives him an opportunity.

Admiral Al

Jun 14, 2005
I was at the Admirals game tonight and heard Sami will be back in Norfolk tomorrow, I hope he will be back in the lineup Friday, we could use him

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when he´s healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

vatanen, anaheim ducks..deal with it and sing his name along! :yo:

You were saying?

MiXeriZe

Oct 23, 2012
Finland
Don't be too hard for a guy which either has no clue or is a troll.

I must admit, it hurts to see him playing in AHL instead of NHL (he's not ready, I know) or in our team in FEL where he was the MVP every evening. It's clear now when the team is struggling, especially on PP.

He'll become a Duck some day. I know he'll make it happen.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
We have no problem with someone being a huge fan of a player but that guys has been major trolling, so it is kinda funny.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
We have no problem with someone being a huge fan of a player but that guys has been major trolling, so it is kinda funny.

I am not trolling. There is a huge gap in attitude towards playing in the AHL between europeans and north americans. I both think and hope that not too many proven europeans are happy with playing in the basement which has been a graveyard for so many careers of really good european skaters. VERY few european skaters who have played a full season or more in the AHL make the NHL. And in many cases it is not because they're not good enough.

Playing in a worse league with way worse pay than back home could and probably should be demoralising for a player of Vatanen's ability.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If Vatanen is a decent pro, he'll realise he has to do his stint in the AHL before getting into the NHL.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I am not trolling. There is a huge gap in attitude towards playing in the AHL between europeans and north americans. I both think and hope that not too many proven europeans are happy with playing in the basement which has been a graveyard for so many careers of really good european skaters. VERY few european skaters who have played a full season or more in the AHL make the NHL. And in many cases it is not because they're not good enough.

Playing in a worse league with way worse pay than back home could and probably should be demoralising for a player of Vatanen's ability.

Nobody was referring to you. eenok and satchmo were the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad