Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
**** you Jones!

And **** those stupid ****ing judges!

Round 1-2 were clearly Santos rounds

Round 5 was clearly a Santos round

What are they ****ing blind?

The whole ****ing world called that 3-2 Santos. The only 2 idiots in the world who disagreed were the judges who gave Jones the 3-2
I didnt watch the fight but I can tell you had a strong bias against Jones already..

Reactions: PhysicX

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I didnt watch the fight but I can tell you had a strong bias against Jones already..
Yes f***ing right I do! I’m so sick of this f***ing guy and his shitty performances. Ever since he won the belt he hasn’t been the same, always going for the safe win. I used to love Jones when he was coming up, I knew he was gonna be the Champion the first time I saw him fight. Now I f***ing hate him and his bullshit fights.

He lost this fight, anyone with eyes could tell you that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That knockout on Ben Askren was just ...wow lol

Props on Santos guts, props on jones not going full tilt on a guy with 1 knee, i dont know why but i was glad he let up a bit, let the guy fight what he could

Reactions: Hacketts

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
What ****ing fight did YOU watch??

Jones barely won round 3 and 4, what other round did you give him????
To be the champ, you gotta BEAT the champ. It's been like this in the UFC and boxing FOREVER.

Now settle down, take some deep breaths and relax.

I found that fight very intriguing (did agree it was tactically a chess match), and I had Jones 3-2 by the smallest of margins.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
To be the champ, you gotta BEAT the champ. It's been like this in the UFC and boxing FOREVER.

I found that fight very intriguing (did agree it was tactically a chess match), and I had Jones 3-2 by the smallest of margins.

This is simply not true. All you have to do to win the fight is win more rounds, if you win the round, it doesn't matter if you're the champion or not. This shit is nonsense.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This is simply not true. All you have to do to win the fight is win more rounds, if you win the round, it doesn't matter if you're the champion or not. This **** is nonsense.
Simply not true, yet boxing and UFC analysts and the judges' scorecards in many fights beg to differ.

Not saying I agree, but that's how it goes.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This is simply not true. All you have to do to win the fight is win more rounds, if you win the round, it doesn't matter if you're the champion or not. This **** is nonsense.
Why do close rounds go to champs usually, as was the case in this fight? Bias towards the champ?

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019

3-2 Jones? What 3 rounds did he win?? He clearly lost round 1-2 round 3 was close and round 4 as well. Round 5 was clearly a Santos round. That’s minimum 3 rounds to 2.

He DID beat the champ, and it was clear. That’s why everyone was booing Jones, cause he lost.

So tell me what rounds did Jones win??

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
3-2 Jones? What 3 rounds did he win?? He clearly lost round 1-2 round 3 was close and round 4 as well. Round 5 was clearly a Santos round. That’s minimum 3 rounds to 2.

He DID beat the champ, and it was clear. That’s why everyone was booing Jones, cause he lost.

So tell me what rounds did Jones win??
You can write the word "clearly" as many f***ing times as you like, two judges out of three saw it differently.

Rounds 1-3-4, judges most probably scored the same.
Rounds 2 and 5 are the questionable ones. I dont even remember what happened in round 2 besides Jones being the "aggressor" and controlling the center of the Octagon, though being less active than Santos.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
You can write the word "clearly" as many ****ing times as you like, two judges out of three saw it differently.

Rounds 2 and 5 are the questionable ones. I dont even remember what happened in round 2 besides Jones being the "aggressor" and controlling the center of the Octagon, though being less active than Santos.
Those two judges are f***ing blind or mentally Pejorative Slured. One or the other. I guess any bum off the street can be a judge in the UFC.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Actually, it's not like that. The whole idea of a round by round system prevents that. Of course...if a round is tied they might go with whoever they liked more but i think you're taking the quote out of context.

The quote means you can't call yourself the champ until you beat the champ, not that you need to do twice as much to win the fight...

Look at Cejudo and DJ. Did Cejudo BEAT the champ? Nope.

That knockout on Ben Askren was just ...wow lol

Props on Santos guts, props on jones not going full tilt on a guy with 1 knee, i dont know why but i was glad he let up a bit, let the guy fight what he could

Jones isn't one to be merciful. As seen by them walking out Jones leg was likely even more in pain than Santos.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You can write the word "clearly" as many ****ing times as you like, two judges out of three saw it differently.

That's what Jones did. He had center of octagon and pushed Thiago to outside but the pressure was clearly overrated in this case because he wasn't the aggressor. It felt like when you stand in the middle and do nothing, you're not really pressuring.

Look at last 10 seconds of the fight. Thiago went after Jones and Jones ran what, 2-3 times in last 10 seconds? A lot of people lay it on the line those last few seconds, Jones kept running.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
That's what Jones did. He had center of octagon and pushed Thiago to outside but the pressure was clearly overrated in this case because he wasn't the aggressor. It felt like when you stand in the middle and do nothing, you're not really pressuring.

Look at last 10 seconds of the fight. Thiago went after Jones and Jones ran what, 2-3 times in last 10 seconds? A lot of people lay it on the line those last few seconds, Jones kept running.
Good to see that your eyes and brain work! Unlike those 2 judges.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Good to see that your eyes and brain work! Unlike those 2 judges.

Dana says Jones won easily and the split decision was crazy and that no rematch is required.

It's insane how someone who damaged their leg and still kept kicking and fighting gets no respect for pressuring.

I'm not saying give Thiago free brownie points because his leg hurt but there has to be some sort of respect that a guy with a damaged knee got a split decision with Jones.

I can only hope that Thiago wins his next fight and sees Jones again.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

Dana doesn't want his prized pony out of the race.

Jones was in deep water, and if Santos hadn't hurt his knee we could be talking much different things right now. You see Jones giving himself the cross between rounds... why is he doing that? Jones needed the help of his team to leave the ring, while the guy with the real leg problem walked out.

I want to see a rematch one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: LyricalLyricist

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Dana doesn't want his prized pony out of the race.

Jones was in deep water, and if Santos hadn't hurt his knee we couldn't be talking much different things right now. You see Jones giving himself the cross between rounds... why is he doing that? Jones needed the help of his team to leave the ring, while the guy with the real leg problem walked out.

I want to see a rematch one day.

Yup. I understand if Santos needs to win one more to get it but it should not be overlooked.

Even Smith beat Gustafsson and is looking to rematch.

Rockhold got KO'd, Dana said he should retire.

What's left?

Reyes? Might be too soon. Same with Walker.

Blachowicz won I guess?

With DC fighting in August then what, one last rematch?

It's not like there's many guys who are standing out at LHW right now.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Dana says Jones won easily and the split decision was crazy and that no rematch is required.

It's insane how someone who damaged their leg and still kept kicking and fighting gets no respect for pressuring.

I'm not saying give Thiago free brownie points because his leg hurt but there has to be some sort of respect that a guy with a damaged knee got a split decision with Jones.

I can only hope that Thiago wins his next fight and sees Jones again.

This is just Dana protecting one of his only remaining true stars. Think Dana wants to see Thiago Santos the new LHW champ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln