Status
Not open for further replies.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
There aren't many athletic heavyweights lol

let's see: Derrick Lewis, Ngannou, Blaydes.

Maybe Overeem, Stipe, Cormier (well kinda but not really)

Well, yeah heavyweight kind sucks. But it's hard to rank Fedor above any "high-level" heavyweight when the man isn't that far off from being 1st round KO'd by a declining Mitrione and barely surviving a talentless aging LHW in Fabio Maldonado

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Shoving whiskey in a devout Muslim's face is insulting his faith, mocking him for not drinking is further insulting his faith. Let's not pretend McGregor had no clue that Khabib doesn't drink and that it was an innocent mistake.

McGregor never mocked his faith, but he did rightfully criticize the very shady/corrupt people that Khabib is associated with. Obviously you don’t know much about Islam if you claim Khabib to be a devout Muslim. A devout Muslim would never take on a profession of violence, or sell himself like they do in these type of sports, let alone practice such a sport.

Regardless, it’s called selling the match. The irony is, Khabib knows this and doesnt get sucked into the dramatics like most virtue signalling onlookers. In a sport where people are literally kicking and punching each other to a bloody pulp, nothing should be off limits, especially trash talk.

The UFC wants people to get sucked into the drama, and to aggressively pick a side. It’s all theatrical. In reality, both Khabib and McGregor probably respect each other deep down, as most fighters do. In private, they are probably decent people, just caught up in some crap.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Bellator just isn't for me. I guess I'm glad some of these legends have a place to go to make some money, especially since they might not have received as much in the earlier days, but I just don't like seeing them fight. It's closer to being sad than it is exciting for me. Outside of that, they have a handful of great fighters (Mousasi, McDonald, Bader, Chandler...maybe a few other guys I don't really know), but what is watching a great fighter without a great opponent? It's one of the reasons Mighty Mouse isn't a bigger star in the UFC.

I do like the tournament setup though. No more guys jumping the line for title fights. No more ducking guys. No more holding out for more money. No more guys pulling out for injuries that may or may not be so serious. You can't fight? Fine, then you're out of the tournament. Unfortunately, Dana's ego is probably too big to follow an inferior organization, but I'd love to see a HW tournament if DC retires as the champ. Or they should have done a MW one when GSP vacated. Or a LHW one while Jones was out and DC was waiting for Brock. Or maybe best yet, one for the 165lb belt (moving 170 to 175, of course).

I also like that only title fights are 5 rounds.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bellator just isn't for me. I guess I'm glad some of these legends have a place to go to make some money, especially since they might not have received as much in the earlier days, but I just don't like seeing them fight. It's closer to being sad than it is exciting for me. Outside of that, they have a handful of great fighters (Mousasi, McDonald, Bader, Chandler...maybe a few other guys I don't really know), but what is watching a great fighter without a great opponent? It's one of the reasons Mighty Mouse isn't a bigger star in the UFC.
They actually have a lot of talented (but somewhat lesser known) fighters, especially in the lower weight divisions. They absolutely love to feature a lot of nostalgia acts though, it's a large part of their marketing strategy. To be fair to them, it's what draws most of their money : Their biggest cards buy wise were all headlined by old stars ( If memory serves, Shamrock versus Gracie still holds the company record) . There's a big market for that stuff, the sport has been around for long enough now that there's old fans like me who occasionally get kinda nostalgic about the ''glory days'' :laugh:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
McGregor never mocked his faith, but he did rightfully criticize the very shady/corrupt people that Khabib is associated with.

Shady/corrupt people? Connections to the Irish mob is is being connected to charity I suppose. Talk about irony

Obviously you don’t know much about Islam if you claim Khabib to be a devout Muslim. A devout Muslim would never take on a profession of violence, or sell himself like they do in these type of sports, let alone practice such a sport.
This isn't the thread or forum for me to educate you about Islam. Suffice it to say, you clearly have superficial knowledge of the religion at best.

Regardless, it’s called selling the match. The irony is, Khabib knows this and doesnt get sucked into the dramatics like most virtue signalling onlookers. In a sport where people are literally kicking and punching each other to a bloody pulp, nothing should be off limits, especially trash talk.

I've already explained the difference between trash talk and what Conor did as well as why Khabib reacted the way he did, if you decided to jump to the last page and not read the whole thread, that's your problem.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Shady/corrupt people? Connections to the Irish mob is is being connected to charity I suppose. Talk about irony

This isn't the thread or forum for me to educate you about Islam. Suffice it to say, you clearly have superficial knowledge of the religion at best.

I've already explained the difference between trash talk and what Conor did as well as why Khabib reacted the way he did, if you decided to jump to the last page and not read the whole thread, that's your problem.

There’s no proof that McGregor is connected to the Irish mob. Don’t insinuate things. Khabib’s manager is a known former FBI informant, who had ties to terroist organizations in the past.

You couldn’t educate me, even if you tried. You don’t have any knowledge about the religion, otherwise you’d know what is and is not formally accepted.

McGregor was playing theatrics, he sells the match. All that drama ryles up helpless fanboys, and leads them to obsessively pick sides and spend loads of money and interest on the match. Obliviously it’s working, you seem so hot and bothered by this issue lmao.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
SJW invading UFC with the outrage culture will be the end of the sport.

Fighters will all have Tyron Woodley's personality by 2020

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
let's see: Derrick Lewis, Ngannou, Blaydes.

Maybe Overeem, Stipe, Cormier (well kinda but not really)

Well, yeah heavyweight kind sucks. But it's hard to rank Fedor above any "high-level" heavyweight when the man isn't that far off from being 1st round KO'd by a declining Mitrione and barely surviving a talentless aging LHW in Fabio Maldonado
Maybe Stipe and Cormier lol.... ah yeah, both those guys are very athletic

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
The conversation has to have a minimum level of engagement for me to participate in. You don't possess the minimum required intellectual integrity or curiosity required to maintain that level of engagement, nor do you seem to have anything above troll level commentary and conspiracy theories to offer which makes it pointless for me to debate you further.

You can go away now.

Again.

It is proven by facts that Khabib’s manger’s past involved being a FBI informant and having terroist links. Apparently facts for you are considered conspiratorial - this is called being delusional.

Fighting for sport, or money is not condoned in Islam. Therefore, your claim that Khabib is a “devout” muslim, is a false presumption.

Obviously you can’t refute these claims, so you can only resort to insults.

I will not being going away, so deal with it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Again.

It is proven by facts that Khabib’s manger’s past involved being a FBI informant and having terroist links. Apparently facts for you are considered conspiratorial - this is called being delusional.

Fighting for sport, or money is not condoned in Islam. Therefore, your claim that Khabib is a “devout” muslim, is a false presumption.

Obviously you can’t refute these claims, so you can only resort to insults.

I will not being going away, so deal with it.
Unless I'm mistaken, those aren't facts. They are claims that were never substantiated by others of a book.
Those guys also claim the FBI cut ties with him because he was apparently a double agent, but somehow they failed to deport him after...
I mean, this guy is alleged to have direct ties with terrorists involved in 9/11, and not only do you not imprison him, but you can't deport him and let him be a full time fighting manager? Lol...what?

Ya, those aren't facts either.

And I love how Khabib just has to accept CM's insane antics of attacking the bus with his mob, throwing a metal dolly at it, hurting some inside, as just fight promo.
Everyone has a limit. What Khabib did was dumb, but after all the crap that went down, it ain't all that surprising.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I do like the tournament setup though. No more guys jumping the line for title fights. No more ducking guys. No more holding out for more money. No more guys pulling out for injuries that may or may not be so serious. You can't fight? Fine, then you're out of the tournament. Unfortunately, Dana's ego is probably too big to follow an inferior organization, but I'd love to see a HW tournament if DC retires as the champ. Or they should have done a MW one when GSP vacated. Or a LHW one while Jones was out and DC was waiting for Brock. Or maybe best yet, one for the 165lb belt (moving 170 to 175, of course).

I also like that only title fights are 5 rounds.

UFC wanted to do a lightweight style tournament.

McGregor vs Khabib
Diaz vs GSP

GSP wasn't interested in fighting Diaz and vice versa.

So they've considered it in the past but a tournament style for 165 would definitely be epic. I don't believe any single fighter apart from say Ferguson, Thompson, etc... are even belt worthy to fight there...assuming a guy like Thompson can even make 165.

When guys like Diaz, Poirier, Lee, etc... want to be front runner...that isn't exciting for me. They are talented enough to be in a tournament but to a 1 on 1 with any of these guys for a new title is a weak start.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

McGregor vs Khabib
Diaz vs GSP

So they've considered it in the past but a tournament style for 165 would definitely be epic. I don't believe any single fighter apart from say Ferguson, Thompson, etc... are even belt worthy to fight there...assuming a guy like Thompson can even make 165.

When guys like Diaz, Poirier, Lee, etc... want to be front runner...that isn't exciting for me. They are talented enough to be in a tournament but to a 1 on 1 with any of these guys for a new title is a weak start.
Honestly it's boring.
Even the CM vs Khabib fight was ''boring''. It was an idiot fight. CM had not fought in MMA for like 2 years..he's made 100M in a boxing fight..stylistically, this is as bad a match up for him you could write. The results were overly predictable. You give him a chance because, well, it's fighting and you never know...maybe he can expose a flaw in Khabib, but really, nobody had a reason to think CM comes out of this as the winner.
Now he wants a rematch...GTFO. It wasn't even close. A rematch makes no sense.

Diaz...honestly I have no idea how this guy even gets mentioned with some of those names. It's an insult. He's got a 19-11 record...he's an average fighter. Cool, he beat CM in a weightclass CM should never fight in. Good for him. But honestly, the guy is an average fighter. He's 3-4 in his last 7.
It's one of the Great mysteries how people talk about this guy like he's some kind of awesome UFC fighter.

As for GSP....man...stay retired, and CM should join him. There's no chance he will go back on that throne with Khabib there. He's probably made over 200M in his fighting career. His antics aren't as catchy anymore either. Just go.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, those aren't facts. They are claims that were never substantiated by others of a book.
Those guys also claim the FBI cut ties with him because he was apparently a double agent, but somehow they failed to deport him after...
I mean, this guy is alleged to have direct ties with terrorists involved in 9/11, and not only do you not imprison him, but you can't deport him and let him be a full time fighting manager? Lol...what?

Ya, those aren't facts either.

And I love how Khabib just has to accept CM's insane antics of attacking the bus with his mob, throwing a metal dolly at it, hurting some inside, as just fight promo.
Everyone has a limit. What Khabib did was dumb, but after all the crap that went down, it ain't all that surprising.

They are most definitely facts. They’ve been documented by multiple sources, and furthermore the FBI, NYPD, and Abdelaziz himself never refuted any of this.

Regarding the little bus incident. He didn’t hurt anybody, he merely broke a window. Nobody knows what truly provoked him to do that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They are most definitely facts. They’ve been documented by multiple sources, and furthermore the FBI, NYPD, and Abdelaziz himself never refuted any of this.

Regarding the little bus incident. He didn’t hurt anybody, he merely broke a window. Nobody knows what truly provoked him to do that.
No they are not facts. It all stems from one book.
Google Abdelaziz and all you see is UFC related stuff about this alleged terrorism. Not one single hit on a front page talks about Abdelaziz's past, his informant work, his history, etc.
The FBI didn't refute? That's your argument? Lol. You think the FBI is going to waste time address trashtalk from a UFC fighter? lollll
I love how Conor is the only one that brought this crap up and you swallowed it up like a fat boy eats chocolate...Meanwhile, he throws a dolly at a bus (that you call ''little'' to show your objectivity here..) and you downplay it. Lol.
Also, he did hurt someone, and he got sued for it.
Conor McGregor sued by UFC fighter injured in bus attack
Chiesa and Borg both had to pull out due to injuries. Chiesa is suing CM.

Maybe..you just don't know what a ''fact'' is.

You honestly are going to sit behind your cpu screen and tell me you think the FBI would let a known Terrorist-tied informant just go on about his business with the world knowing about it?? loll
The fact you swallowed this up just shows how much you love the drama. I mean..:biglaugh: come on dude.
But let's assume this is true for a second...wouldn't snitching on terrorist be ...you know...a good thing???

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know the story, but yes, the FBI would let a double agent with shady terrorist ties enters the US territory to manage an athlete.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

McGregor vs Khabib
Diaz vs GSP

I remember that 'tournament' rumor, but it's not to the extent of what Bellator is doing. I don't even know if they were going to call it a tournament or if it was loosely an agreement that the winners would fight for the belt. Like, what would have happened if someone got hurt? Would they have been replaced and the tournament went on? Or they would have scrapped the idea and continued on with business as usual? My bet is on the latter.

I wouldn't be so concerned with who fought for the first 165lb belt. If they weren't worthy, then they'll lose it eventually. That's why you fight for the belt in the first place.

Honestly it's boring.
Even the CM vs Khabib fight was ''boring''. It was an idiot fight. CM had not fought in MMA for like 2 years..he's made 100M in a boxing fight..stylistically, this is as bad a match up for him you could write. The results were overly predictable. You give him a chance because, well, it's fighting and you never know...maybe he can expose a flaw in Khabib, but really, nobody had a reason to think CM comes out of this as the winner.
Now he wants a rematch...GTFO. It wasn't even close. A rematch makes no sense.

Diaz...honestly I have no idea how this guy even gets mentioned with some of those names. It's an insult. He's got a 19-11 record...he's an average fighter. Cool, he beat CM in a weightclass CM should never fight in. Good for him. But honestly, the guy is an average fighter. He's 3-4 in his last 7.
It's one of the Great mysteries how people talk about this guy like he's some kind of awesome UFC fighter.

As for GSP....man...stay retired, and CM should join him. There's no chance he will go back on that throne with Khabib there. He's probably made over 200M in his fighting career. His antics aren't as catchy anymore either. Just go.
The fight may have ended up one sided, but it was a fight that needed to happen and it wasn't boring. The first round was kind of boring because Khabib just laid on top of him. But then Khabib caught him and almost finished the fight in the second round. That was crazy. Nobody thought Khabib would get the better of Conor standing up and we've never seen Conor dominated like that before, but he survived. Then Khabib looked gassed in the 3rd and Conor started to take the momentum. It was quickly squashed in the 4th, but for a moment there, it was a fight.

I agree that there shouldn't be an immediate rematch, although, with how much hype is still surrounding it, I bet it's what we get. Or if Khabib gets suspended for a while, maybe we see Tony vs. Conor for the interim belt. If Conor wins that, then we see the rematch. Even seeing how the first fight went, I still wouldn't count Conor out. I wouldn't bet on him either, but things change. Maybe Conor knocked some ring rust off, maybe he gameplans differently, maybe he lands a punch early that completely changes the fight. You never know. I mean, he lost the first Nate fight because he gassed in the second round. Then he won the second fight in a 5 round decision. Things change.

Not saying you necessarily do, but people act like Conor is just some thug brawler who talks a good game. But he's a very good martial artist. He'll learn from this fight and get better. It might not be enough to beat Khabib, but I'd still like to see a rematch at some point down the road. If I had to bet, I think we see Conor at least 2 more times. Nate 3 and Khabib 2. Depending on what happens in those fights, he might retire. If he beats Khabib, then we probably see that trilogy. If he somehow beats Khabib twice, then maybe we see Conor-GSP.

Regarding Nate, it's all because he's a star. He's always been a fan favorite (even if overshadowed by Nick), but beating Conor (some would argue beating Conor twice) was huge. It doesn't matter it was in a higher weight class. He still did it and was the first to do so in the UFC. Nate made his name know even to the casual fans.

I still want to see GSP fight, but I wish he'd come back or not. This hand picking fights he thinks he can win is BS. You want to be the GOAT, then come back and beat Woodley.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Google Abdelaziz and all you see is UFC related stuff about this alleged terrorism. Not one single hit on a front page talks about Abdelaziz's past, his informant work, his history, etc.
The FBI didn't refute? That's your argument? Lol. You think the FBI is going to waste time address trashtalk from a UFC fighter? lollll
I love how Conor is the only one that brought this crap up and you swallowed it up like a fat boy eats chocolate...Meanwhile, he throws a dolly at a bus (that you call ''little'' to show your objectivity here..) and you downplay it. Lol.

You honestly are going to sit behind your cpu screen and tell me you think the FBI would let a known Terrorist-tied informant just go on about his business with the world knowing about it?? loll
The fact you swallowed this up just shows how much you love the drama. I mean..:biglaugh: come on dude.
But let's assume this is true for a second...wouldn't snitching on terrorist be ...you know...a good thing???

The Noah thing was 100% true and proven by Ariel Helwani. Pretty sure a ton of people in the know in MMA knew about Ali's more than shady past before Conor brought up all his baggage. It isn't even the terroristic snitch bs but if you did a google search you could find his extensive criminal history.

Ali's pre-2004 record:
He's still being investigated for his role in the WSOF
Here's another article about Ali in 2015: Rat in a cage: the real story of Ali Abdel Aziz - Real Fight Stories

And honestly I could find more.

Whatever the truth may be, Ali is no nice guy or sweetheart and just because McGregor is a POS doesn't mean he was wrong specifically about Ali.

Reactions: Goodbahd

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017

First, I love how upset you are. You sound really affected by this. Go take a walk outside, I bet it’s been a while.

Anyway...

The links of Abdelaziz being linked to terroist organizations, such as being a member of a jihadist group, are before McGregor said anything. These findings go back before 2015.

If they were false allegations, then of course at the very least they would deny such things, and easily sue McGregor for defamation - which has yet to happen. You can’t go around tarnishing someone’s name by falsely accusing them, unless you had some credible source or proof. Obviously, it’s a bit difficult for you to comprehend all this.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
The Noah thing was 100% true and proven by Ariel Helwani. Pretty sure a ton of people in the know in MMA knew about Ali's more than shady past before Conor brought up all his baggage. It isn't even the terroristic snitch bs but if you did a google search you could find his extensive criminal history.

Ali's pre-2004 record:
He's still being investigated for his role in the WSOF
Here's another article about Ali in 2015: Rat in a cage: the real story of Ali Abdel Aziz - Real Fight Stories

And honestly I could find more.

Whatever the truth may be, Ali is no nice guy or sweetheart and just because McGregor is a POS doesn't mean he was wrong specifically about Ali.

Yeah don’t try to explain facts to this guy. He’s probably a flat earther...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Khabib is apparently interested in moving to Bellator. Seems like his UFC contract would be a hindrance though.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Oh f*** off, GSP. You think he says that if Conor won? Doubt it.

How about you come back and fight Woodley then, GSP? Woodley's as professional and respectful to his opponents as you could expect (except for Covington) AND he's the champ of the division you spent your entire career in except for 1 fight.

Khabib is apparently interested in moving to Bellator. Seems like his UFC contract would be a hindrance though.
Yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Oh **** off, GSP. You think he says that if Conor won? Doubt it.

How about you come back and fight Woodley then, GSP? Woodley's as professional and respectful to his opponents as you could expect (except for Covington) AND he's the champ of the division you spent your entire career in except for 1 fight.

Yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it.

I doubt GSP would fight again even if Connor won. Seems disinterested and I don't blame him. He's done it all and has nothing left to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad