OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Khabib is apparently interested in moving to Bellator. Seems like his UFC contract would be a hindrance though.

He would get sued into bankruptcy. Literally. The only reason Conor was able to use the threat of the Ali clause was because he was fighting in a completely different sport/he still partnered up with the UFC to make the fight, not a different organization under the same commissions...

Gotta feel for him but Bellator's not going to happen.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Oh **** off, GSP. You think he says that if Conor won? Doubt it.

How about you come back and fight Woodley then, GSP? Woodley's as professional and respectful to his opponents as you could expect (except for Covington) AND he's the champ of the division you spent your entire career in except for 1 fight.

Yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it.

I agree. He’s always had this holier than thou complex. Get over yourself bud, you use physical violence to make ends meet, you’re not some honourable person saving lives. And in every interview, he has this need to tell his interests outside the sport like as if he’s some refined brain who is more than just a UFC fighter.

Let’s not forget all the drama he did with Nick Diaz a couple of years ago before his fight..

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I agree. He’s always had this holier than thou complex. Get over yourself bud, you use physical violence to make ends meet, you’re not some honourable person saving lives. And in every interview, he has this need to tell his interests outside the sport like as if he’s some refined brain who is more than just a UFC fighter.

Let’s not forget all the drama he did with Nick Diaz a couple of years ago before his fight..

What drama was that exactly? There's almost zero chance GSP gets wrestle f***ed by khabib. GSP has always been a true ambassador for the sport and never wanted any part of these side shows. There's no way he would involve his camp in something this toxic and I can hardly blame him. The UFC is becoming more WWE like everyday. He doesn't need Woodley, he's the GOAT without him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Guys Khabib isn't going to bellator, contract or not. Ali even said the 2 million dollar offer was an insult and he expects 50 million. He obviously won't get that but goes without saying 2 million dollars to deal with legal issues and go into weaker PPV system makes little sense.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
What drama was that exactly? There's almost zero chance GSP gets wrestle ****ed by khabib. GSP has always been a true ambassador for the sport and never wanted any part of these side shows. There's no way he would involve his camp in something this toxic and I can hardly blame him. The UFC is becoming more WWE like everyday. He doesn't need Woodley, he's the GOAT without him.

Let’s not forget about when he made a whole drama about how some UFC fighters are on PEDs, without any proof.

Also, GSP himself has been accused of using PEDs by two different fighters.

The guy ain’t no saint, and he’s been in a fair share of drama himself.

Even his own colleagues call him out in his moral high horse behaviour.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Lol, accusing GSP of being a drama queen because he was fighting against PED. Please, stop it, GSP is the ultimate gentleman, you are being ridiculous.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Let’s not forget about when he made a whole drama about how some UFC fighters are on PEDs, without any proof.

That message by Jones made Jones look bad, not GSP.

GSP said PEDs affect performance, even mentally. He said people on PEDs should not be in GOAT discussion.

Jones critiqued him on how PEDs work immediately after, even though he wasn't named. He seemed upset someone would suggest steroids or PEDs help performance...but why should he care? Isn't he clean?

Jones pretty much gave away that he was on steroids by getting defensive about it. He didn't say "I didn't do roids", he said "That's not what roids do! I threw that kick!"

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Is it just the verified PED using ones or...,?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017

GSP said PEDs affect performance, even mentally. He said people on PEDs should not be in GOAT discussion.

Jones critiqued him on how PEDs work immediately after, even though he wasn't named. He seemed upset someone would suggest steroids or PEDs help performance...but why should he care? Isn't he clean?

Jones pretty much gave away that he was on steroids by getting defensive about it. He didn't say "I didn't do roids", he said "That's not what roids do! I threw that kick!"

The message made Jones look coherent. PEDs only help you get bigger and stronger, they don’t make you smarter or more creative. GSP has no clue what he’s talking about, and he’s insecure about himself because he has trouble gaining mass; not to forget that his last few fights were questionable wins and not convincing at all. GSP is an athlete of reputation; not of dominance.

So because Jones critiqued GSP, he’s somehow on steroids? That makes zero sense.

Sounds immature and dumb to just accuse anyone of taking drugs without proof.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The message made Jones look coherent. PEDs only help you get bigger and stronger, they don’t make you smarter or more creative. GSP has no clue what he’s talking about, and he’s insecure about himself because he has trouble gaining mass.

So because Jones critiqued GSP, he’s somehow on steroids? That makes zero sense.

Sounds immature and dumb to just accuse anyone of taking drugs without proof.

Of course it does. Why would Jones get super defensive about PEDs if he doesn't take them? Why would it be relevant?

What is Jones defending? How PEDs work? Why?

If Jones has proven himself to be clean(as he likes to pretend he has) why would someone saying PEDs affect performance bother him? Why would he make it personal and involve himself?

I think GSP was just saying PEDs affect your mental state, confidence, etc... More so than saying PEDs make you a fighter. Jones is so defensive because he's a known cheat he lost it.

GSP didn't mention anyone by name. So he didn't accuse anyone. Either way, wasn't Jones popped 2 times and never ever proved his innocence?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Exactly, what a poor example to try and make GSP look bad, this made Jones look like the douche he is.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The Noah thing was 100% true and proven by Ariel Helwani. Pretty sure a ton of people in the know in MMA knew about Ali's more than shady past before Conor brought up all his baggage. It isn't even the terroristic snitch bs but if you did a google search you could find his extensive criminal history.

Ali's pre-2004 record:
He's still being investigated for his role in the WSOF
Here's another article about Ali in 2015: Rat in a cage: the real story of Ali Abdel Aziz - Real Fight Stories

And honestly I could find more.

Whatever the truth may be, Ali is no nice guy or sweetheart and just because McGregor is a POS doesn't mean he was wrong specifically about Ali.

He's got a criminal past, ya, and? Nowhere does it say he's a terrorist, which is why I was responding to.
I'm pretty sure if you look at the past of many fighters, they'll have bad criminal activities.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
First, I love how upset you are. You sound really affected by this. Go take a walk outside, I bet it’s been a while.

Anyway...

The links of Abdelaziz being linked to terroist organizations, such as being a member of a jihadist group, are before McGregor said anything. These findings go back before 2015.

If they were false allegations, then of course at the very least they would deny such things, and easily sue McGregor for defamation - which has yet to happen. You can’t go around tarnishing someone’s name by falsely accusing them, unless you had some credible source or proof. Obviously, it’s a bit difficult for you to comprehend all this.

I love how you just deflect and run. Classic HF.
If you called me a terrorist, I wouldn't waste two seconds responding to it. I'd laugh in your face, which is what AA did, and I'm pretty sure the FBI wouldn't hold a press conference to say you were wrong either.

Again, if AA was so openly a terrorist snitch, where are all the sources linking him as such? Why don't you search the names of actual terrorists, you'll see just how many sites have info on them. AA though, there is nothing about this except referrels to one old book.

I mean, I get it, you have CM titty whities on, but at some point, logic should prevail.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He's got a criminal past, ya, and? Nowhere does it say he's a terrorist, which is why I was responding to.
I'm pretty sure if you look at the past of many fighters, they'll have bad criminal activities.

FWIW, I don't know full story but the talk of Ali being part of a terrorist organization when he was young isn't new. It's been talked about for months.

The thing is even if we exclude that portion the rest is....excessive. I get no one's perfect but 4 times of assanult, burglary, auto theft, harassment, fraud, etc...

This guy shouldn't have a visa. Maybe he's a US citizen, I don't know. Just doesn't make sense though. That's a massive list.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Jones was caught..is he supposed to say the tests were wrong and there was no PEDs in his blood??..
And I agree with him. PEDs have no barrings on whether you should be part of GOAT discussion.
Barry Bonds is arguably the GOAT hitters. Saying ''but..but..but...he tooks some PEDs'' and so shouldn't be part of discussion is just stupid.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Jones was caught..is he supposed to say the tests were wrong and there was no PEDs in his blood??..
And I agree with him. PEDs have no barrings on whether you should be part of GOAT discussion.
Barry Bonds is arguably the GOAT hitters. Saying ''but..but..but...he tooks some PEDs'' and so shouldn't be part of discussion is just stupid.

Jones maintains he has not taken PEDs. He sent several of his supplements for testing and ZERO came back tainted, zero. He continues to say he doesn't take any despite being caught over and over.

He calls GSP a guy with brain damage but:

“There’s no doubt something got in there somehow, but it’s scary now,” he added. “Jon’s even scared to eat out, he’s scared to be anywhere. He’s like, gosh, what if that waiter doesn’t like me, the bus boy doesn’t like me? You know? Who knows what’s going to happen out there. And it is kind of scary that way if you think about it.”

If Jones is afraid of steroids being sprinkled on his food he's got brain damage too.

As for Bonds, he's not in Hall of fame so I guess the people involved in the sport agree...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
FWIW, I don't know full story but the talk of Ali being part of a terrorist organization when he was young isn't new. It's been talked about for months.

The thing is even if we exclude that portion the rest is....excessive. I get no one's perfect but 4 times of assanult, burglary, auto theft, harassment, fraud, etc...

This guy shouldn't have a visa. Maybe he's a US citizen, I don't know. Just doesn't make sense though. That's a massive list.

I mean, again I refer back to logic.

So...Ali Abedelaziz has ties with terrorist organization, he had info on a huge attack apparently, he was deemed unreliable as an informant because he was a double agent, he's got assault, burglary, theft, harrassment, fraud tied to his name....Did I forget something? Should I add rape and pedophilia to him too??
All this is and he's just casually managing elite fighters? :biglaugh:

Maybe...just, maybe...the info isn't quite correct?
I heard he only has one conviction to his name. I heard the journalist that released this info was also caught inventing stuff. Which is which?

All this feeds into the drama, so I give very little credence to it.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I mean, again I refer back to logic.

So...Ali Abedelaziz has ties with terrorist organization, he had info on a huge attack apparently, he was deemed unreliable as an informant because he was a double agent, he's got assault, burglary, theft, harrassment, fraud tied to his name....Did I forget something? Should I add rape and pedophilia to him too??
All this is and he's just casually managing elite fighters? :biglaugh:

Maybe...just, maybe...the info isn't quite correct?
I heard he only has one conviction to his name. I heard the journalist that released this info was also caught inventing stuff. Which is which?

All this feeds into the drama, so I give very little credence to it.

Where did you hear the journalist was inventing stuff? if that's the case(which I hope it is) I'd love to see the source.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Jones maintains he has not taken PEDs. He sent several of his supplements for testing and ZERO came back tainted, zero. He continues to say he doesn't take any despite being caught over and over.

He calls GSP a guy with brain damage but:

If Jones is afraid of steroids being sprinkled on his food he's got brain damage too.

As for Bonds, he's not in Hall of fame so I guess the people involved in the sport agree...

Yes, Jones maintains this as in...he didn't knowingly take some...not as in USADA's drug testing was wrong and there was no PED in my blood.
I'm sure you get the difference.

Wow, cool, old white men and you share the same opinion. Bravo I guess?..

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yes, Jones maintains this as in...he didn't knowingly take some...not as in USADA's drug testing was wrong and there was no PED in my blood.
I'm sure you get the difference.

Wow, cool, old white men and you share the same opinion. Bravo I guess?..

That's such a cop out thing to say, turning it into some dinosaur mentality thing.

It's like me saying "Wow, cool, you and a guy who hits and runs pregnant women agree!"

It's like...c'mon.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Where did you hear the journalist was inventing stuff? if that's the case(which I hope it is) I'd love to see the source.
I'd seen people talk about it on reddit, which holds about as much credence as the rest.
All the information people has comes from Mike Russell, apparently he is the voice of God.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's such a cop out thing to say, turning it into some dinosaur mentality thing.

It's like me saying "Wow, cool, you and a guy who hits and runs pregnant women agree!"

It's like...c'mon.

You're the one that used the ''appeal to authority'' argument so not sure what your analogy is about.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd seen people talk about it on reddit, which holds about as much credence as the rest.
All the information people has comes from Mike Russell, apparently he is the voice of God.

Mike Russel quoted a book:
As for what could be behind the “terrorist snitch” remarks? Well it appears as if McGregor may be citing the book . Included in the book, authors Matt Apuzzo and Adam Goldman delve into Abdelaziz’s past as an FBI informant, having been first recruited by the New York Police Department in 2002 while jailed on document forgery charges. The NYPD was in the middle of an investigation into extremist group Muslims of America in rural Virginia, and Abdelaziz was looked upon as an asset.

Book:
Book isn't written by Russell...I guess everyone has it wrong.

Reddit isn't a source. As much as I love reddit I mean...if there's a link to a known article disputing that...cool.

Like I said, this is something I hope Ali is being falsely accused about because it isn't pretty.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You're the one that used the ''appeal to authority'' argument so not sure what your analogy is about.

I don't think you understand. You brought up Bonds as an argument, not me. It's not my fault he's not in the hall of fame.

If your argument was "Barry bonds took PEDs and he's in HOF" as an argument that's one thing but he isn't. Am I supposed to ignore that he isn't?

I mean, bringing up Barry Bonds does the opposite of helping your argument. It doesn't disprove anything GSP said, all it does is give credence to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->