Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
No kidding. If all trades turned out great...that GM would never be fired.
The Kunin trade is ultimately TBD right now...but bringing up a trade from 9 years and two GMs ago is meaningless.

Exactly, it's a TBD. Kunin actually might have been a better fit for Minnesota and their current situation, but they had the expansion draft to worry about.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Barely a center ( see his faceoff stats with NSH) with a career high of 31 points. Also has yet to play a full pro season due to injury.

He played full seasons his last two here. One was shorted for covid and the other he split time in the AHL, but he played full seasons.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
He played full seasons his last two here. One was shorted for covid and the other he split time in the AHL, but he played full seasons.
Shortened for COVID yes...but also missed 6 games. I stand corrected on the split.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Doesnt that mean he had the 4th most faceoffs?

My recollection is that he played some center, but was used primarily at RW.

Sorry, yes. He had the 4th most behind Koivu, Staal, Eriksson-Ek.

He was drafted at center, moved to wing due to not having enough space at center at the time. Sort of like Necas.

Yeah, but Hartman was 4th in faceoffs for the Wild in 20-21. Does that make him a center, or does it make him a winger pressed into centerman service?

That makes Hartman a center. I think they are going to keep him there. I mean Sturm played most of his time at left wing, does that mean he's a center?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, yes. He had the 4th most behind Koivu, Staal, Eriksson-Ek.

He was drafted at center, moved to wing due to not having enough space at center at the time. Sort of like Necas.

That makes Hartman a center. I think they are going to keep him there. I mean Sturm played most of his time at left wing, does that mean he's a center?

I see the point you're making and I think it's a fair one; technically speaking you are the position you actually play. So I guess there are two arguments, there's the argument that says you are what you play, and there's the argument that says you are what you project out to play best as.

Looking strictly at last season, since that's what these guys played most recently, Sturm is a LW, Hartman is a C, and Kunin is a RW. If we instead look at the majority of what they have played in the NHL, Sturm is a LW, Hartman is a RW and Kunin is a RW.

Finally, if we're looking at where the majority of people project them to play their best hockey, the sentiment seems to be that Sturm is a C, Hartman is a RW and Kunin is a RW.

Regardless of which argument you look at it with, Kunin isn't a center.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Finally, if we're looking at where the majority of people project them to play their best hockey, the sentiment seems to be that Sturm is a C, Hartman is a RW and Kunin is a RW.

Regardless of which argument you look at it with, Kunin isn't a center.

Kunin played well with Eriksson-Ek and Greenway, hence why he was slotted in right wing. He also only played 131 games in Minnesota, so even harder to project (that's less than a season a half). They didn't really give him a chance to play center before they shipped him out. More so, he had a significant amount of face offs more than Rask - so is Rask not a center?

Brodin seemed to play (up until this year) his best hockey on the right side of the ice next to Suter, but they moved him to left. Fiala was generally a left winger, but moved to right due to not having enough righties. So is Foligno. Apparently, they are considered right wingers.

Also who is to say that Hartman doesn't play their best hockey as a center? He's played there for a long stretch, so they are happy with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad