Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Filip Johansson starting the season on the 3rd pairing for Frolunda. Former MN Wild Christian Folin is on their top pairing.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Filip Johansson starting the season on the 3rd pairing for Frolunda. Former MN Wild Christian Folin is on their top pairing.

Well, I sure hope that changes as the year goes on. That said, looking at that side of their defense, they've got a good RD corps for the SHL, so he'll have to earn it.

Also, it appears Frolunda was Folin's childhood team, and he's apparently been named an alternate captain, already, after not playing a regular season game for them since he was 18 years old. Seems they have high expectations for him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Well, I sure hope that changes as the year goes on. That said, looking at that side of their defense, they've got a good RD corps for the SHL, so he'll have to earn it.

Also, it appears Frolunda was Folin's childhood team, and he's apparently been named an alternate captain, already, after not playing a regular season game for them since he was 18 years old. Seems they have high expectations for him.
I liked Folin's game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man, that would be an unlooked for bonus if FJo was able to be a solid NHL RHD.

Johnny97

Apr 5, 2020
Pavel Novak with two goals and two assists for the Czech Republic vs Sweden today.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 15 Minnesota Wild built up skill and depth, starting with Matthew Boldy

Pronman's top 10 of Wild prospects:

1. Boldy
2. Addison
3. Wallstedt
4. Rossi
5. Lambos
6. Khusnutdinov
7. Hunt
8. Beckman
9. O'Rourke
10. Peart
Whatever one's opinions of Pronman are, I wish he'd just scrap the "below average/average/above average/high-end" ratings in these articles. They're frequently contradicted by the blurb that immediately follows them so it's hard to think that they contain useful information.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 15 Minnesota Wild built up skill and depth, starting with Matthew Boldy

Pronman's top 10 of Wild prospects:

1. Boldy
2. Addison
3. Wallstedt
4. Rossi
5. Lambos
6. Khusnutdinov
7. Hunt
8. Beckman
9. O'Rourke
10. Peart

Not bad off, Addison over Rossi and Wallstedt is sure a take, but I can see it if Pronman is looking at NHL readiness. Also O'Rourke below Hunt is interesting.

Also I thought Minnesota had one of the better prospect systems in the NHL? Surprised someone ranked them 15th.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not bad off, Addison over Rossi and Wallstedt is sure a take, but I can see it if Pronman is looking at NHL readiness. Also O'Rourke below Hunt is interesting.

Also I thought Minnesota had one of the better prospect systems in the NHL? Surprised someone ranked them 15th.
It's an under-23 ranking, so a little different than just prospects. We have a small age gap between Kaprizov/Fiala and Boldy/Addison/etc. that dings us there but doesn't otherwise matter all that much.

I'm not big on Pronman's articles, but 15 seemed about right to me.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's an under-23 ranking, so a little different than just prospects. We have a small age gap between Kaprizov/Fiala and Boldy/Addison/etc. that dings us there but doesn't otherwise matter all that much.

I'm not big on Pronman's articles, but 15 seemed about right to me.

I don't have a subscription, but is there really 5-10 more teams that have a better group of players 23 and younger than Minnesota.

That's 2016 to now - just seems odd.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't have a subscription, but is there really 5-10 more teams that have a better group of players 23 and younger than Minnesota.

I don't have a list of teams at the top of my head, but what we lack is 20-22 year olds that have been contributors on the NHL roster in recent years. Because that group typically makes up the tops of these lists it makes sense to me that we're more middle-of-the pack.

Reactions: BagHead

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Teams with players like Makar/Heiskanen/Pettersson already being NHL contributors are heavily favored for a ranking like this, and we have none of those.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Who wouldn't move the needle much in a ranking like this.

I know, but that's pretty funny that the Wild don't have anyone between 20-23 on their roster. They traded the only youngish guy in that range for a draft pick and someone that walked.

Reactions: P10p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad