Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I'm just wondering outloud why there is so little conversation about our Iowa prospects in this thread. Asking for a friend. Ex. Sokolov changes this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm just wondering outloud why there is so little conversation about our Iowa prospects in this thread. Asking for a friend. Ex. Sokolov changes this year.

Personally, I think Kaprizov, Kahkonen, Beckman and Khovanov specifically are better prospects and are putting up better numbers relative to their peers than Sokolov and Dewar are. I still think Sokolov is a long shot to make the NHL full time, and I question Dewar’s offensive upside. And Boldy is an enigma, and a first rounder, so naturally he’s going to get more attention.

In short, it’s nice that some of these guys (Sokolov, Dewar, Boudrias, Giroux) are having nice seasons, but Kaprizov, Kahkonen, Beckman and Khovanov are having great seasons, so in comparison, nice isn’t very fun to talk about.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Personally, I think Kaprizov, Kahkonen, Beckman and Khovanov specifically are better prospects and are putting up better numbers relative to their peers than Sokolov and Dewar are. I still think Sokolov is a long shot to make the NHL full time, and I question Dewar’s offensive upside. And Boldy is an enigma, and a first rounder, so naturally he’s going to get more attention.

In short, it’s nice that some of these guys (Sokolov, Dewar, Boudrias, Giroux) are having nice seasons, but Kaprizov, Kahkonen, Beckman and Khovanov are having great seasons, so in comparison, nice isn’t very fun to talk about.
Thanks. I guess next up doesn't compare to stats from lower leagues either.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We're all going to look stupid if he goes cold again :laugh:
Boldy is about as predictable as [insert something unpredictable].

on an aside, I don’t know why Rasenen is a 4C he’s always been a pretty good player when I’ve watched.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not how I pictured it happening but I’m here for it

If he doesn’t get at least 4 points tonight now he’s a confirmed bust.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The radio color guy is... let’s call it agitated, with BC’s performance so far

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How is future 1C Matthew Boldy looking?

BC lost but he got a point, unfortunately I had to listen to the first two periods on radio and then I was kinda busy during the third, so I didn't get to watch much tonight.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's pretty weird having two Swedes, two Finns, and six Russians in our prospect pool.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
These guys are no longer prospects, and were never really, but for some odd reason I was wondering what ever happened to 5th rounder Cody Almond today and looked him up on hockey db. He is in his 8th year of pro hockey in Switzerland, mainly at Servette Geneve. He has had a very nice career there. (Trivia: Jamie Benn was drafted 11 spots ahead of Almond).

Looking at the rest of the Wild 2007 draft:

4th rounder Justin Falk had the most NHL success in points and 279 NHL games, but it looks like he called it quits after last season.

7th rounder Carson McMillan has been plying his bottom 6 game in Europe the last 4 years.

The one that made me smile was our guy Colton Gillies. He is in his 4th KHL season with the Riga Dynamo.
His numbers this season: 46 GP, 0G, 1A, -15. (Trivia: Max Pacioretty was selected 6 spots after CG)

6th round Finn Harry Ilvonen hung 'em up in 2013.

Along with 07, perhaps the worst Wild draft ever.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
These guys are no longer prospects, and were never really, but for some odd reason I was wondering what ever happened to 5th rounder Cody Almond today and looked him up on hockey db. He is in his 8th year of pro hockey in Switzerland, mainly at Servette Geneve. He has had a very nice career there. (Trivia: Jamie Benn was drafted 11 spots ahead of Almond).

Looking at the rest of the Wild 2007 draft:

4th rounder Justin Falk had the most NHL success in points and 279 NHL games, but it looks like he called it quits after last season.

7th rounder Carson McMillan has been plying his bottom 6 game in Europe the last 4 years.

The one that made me smile was our guy Colton Gillies. He is in his 4th KHL season with the Riga Dynamo.
His numbers this season: 46 GP, 0G, 1A, -15. (Trivia: Max Pacioretty was selected 6 spots after CG)

6th round Finn Harry Ilvonen hung 'em up in 2013.

Along with 07, perhaps the worst Wild draft ever.

10 games for the Sens this season.

P10p

May 15, 2012
We need to bring up Mayhew and Anas and let them come up together. Some real chemistry between two great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad