Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Also the young guns seem to be building more confidence and trust in Iowa. Army had Soks, Dewar, and Duhaime out there to start last game. They also looked great all game.

Reactions: TaLoN and Bazeek

P10p

May 15, 2012
Iowa looking dominant this season. Kahkonen with a shutout. 10th in sv% 5th in GAA T-1st Wins. The guy who is tied with him for most wins has 11gp more than Kaapo.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No need to rush him, but I'd like to shut down Dubynk for the rest of the season (personal reasons) and call up Kahk.
You can't just force personal reasons on a guy. Isn't his wife doing well now?

I agree that Dubs sucks, but we're stuck with him for now. Just treat him like a backup for now. Address it in the offseason. Let Khaky keep rolling the starts in Iowa, developing as he should.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not like Khakonen was brilliant when he was up here. He was OK, but had a bad habit of letting in early weak goals.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Put another way, he wasn't very good, IMO. Since we aren't going anywhere this year, I don't see the point of bringing him up. In football, they say that the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. In this case, it's the AHL goalie.

If he was that good, do you doubt that Boudreau /Guerin would have him up here now?

P10p

May 15, 2012
It's not like Khakonen was brilliant when he was up here. He was OK, but had a bad habit of letting in early weak goals.

Was very good for a rookie netminder. And he has improved as the season has went along.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Put another way, he wasn't very good, IMO. Since we aren't going anywhere this year, I don't see the point of bringing him up. In football, they say that the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. In this case, it's the AHL goalie.

If he was that good, do you doubt that Boudreau /Guerin would have him up here now?

He had a .913 save% in his 5 NHL games.

Stalock has a .904 and Dubnyk has a .890

Right now, it's just a numbers game. We're stuck with Dubnyk and I don't think they want to risk sending Stalock down because of the expansion draft implications. They obviously don't want to carry 3 goalies.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have noticed that his AHL numbers have gone up since getting some NHL time, aside from really early in the year when he had very gaudy ones. Maybe he will come up again this season once again, then a bit next fall. Will give him time to work on his weaknesses down in Iowa, once they are revealed up here. Hopefully, will be able to come up for good in 2021. In January, hopefully. We will NEED him by the fall of 2021.

I don't see this team going anywhere next year, unless a couple/few unlikely scenarios play out in our favor.

I think with KK, Robson, and Jones we have some pretty good G prospects. Lindberg has some pretty nutz NCAA stats, better than Robson's. Don't know much about him. I just liked Robson's game a lot when he played for the Gophers.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I have noticed that his AHL numbers have gone up since getting some NHL time, aside from really early in the year when he had very gaudy ones. Maybe he will come up again this season once again, then a bit next fall. Will give him time to work on his weaknesses down in Iowa, once they are revealed up here. Hopefully, will be able to come up for good in 2021. In January, hopefully. We will NEED him by the fall of 2021.

I don't see this team going anywhere next year, unless a couple/few unlikely scenarios play out in our favor.

I think with KK, Robson, and Jones we have some pretty good G prospects. Lindberg has some pretty nutz NCAA stats, better than Robson's. Don't know much about him. I just liked Robson's game a lot when he played for the Gophers.

Very true, mind you Iowa has given him alot of help. Playing a lot the games in the offensive end.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Very true, mind you Iowa has given him alot of help. Playing a lot the games in the offensive end.
It's about SV% for me. Prior to his cup of coffee .908, .917 after. It has nothing to do with offensive help. And no I don't think they will call him up now even if he is posting better numbers than the current rotation. Too many other considerations to account for before it could happen. I'm concerned about expansion draft. Starting between the pipes fall of 2020.

Reactions: P10p

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I know they are 19/20 year olds but, quietly, our 2018 5th round pick is t-9 in goals in the OHL and our 6th round pick is 16th in points and 13th in points-per-game in the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad